Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

blitz supercharger for the tc ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 AM
taz
5 Year Member

Default blitz supercharger for the tc ?

any one know anything about this i just found it in the shop performance parts deal

http://marketplace.scionlife.com/pro...hp?pid=1139173
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it might be a complete kit, but it isn't tc specific, it is probably just a generic supercharger kit iwth an intercooler and some piping.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:26 AM
taz
5 Year Member

i didnt even know there was any one other then trd making supercharger kit for the tc and iam searching google now but not finding any thing
Old 04-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned
SL Member

I would just buy the TRD supercharger and then slap on an aftermarket intercooler. Seems more worth it rather then buying a generic kit that no one really knows anything about.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Their website lists compressors for the xA, xB, Yaris and the Celica.... nothing about a tC application
Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't get intercooler for supercharger, you will lose boost .
Old 04-17-2008, 06:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoccerBoy_AP
Their website lists compressors for the xA, xB, Yaris and the Celica.... nothing about a tC application
yeah blitz doesnt' make anything for us.. i don't think we're JDM enough.. haha
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
I would just buy the TRD supercharger and then slap on an aftermarket intercooler. Seems more worth it rather then buying a generic kit that no one really knows anything about.
its been proven over and over that putting an IC on the trd s/c is not the way to go. As someone said in the other post you will loose boost ...but thats not why im saying dont do it. Yea you will loose boost but thats why you run a higher psi pulley to get the right boost you want. The reason why im saying dont do it is because the trd s/c shouldnt be running over 12psi if you want to keep the s/c going for a while. Unless you buy the kit and switch out the bearings from the start .... But even then you want to get methanol not an IC. Spray some methanol in there and you are good to go. Buy the yellow prestone deicer ($3/bottle) and you are all set.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 PM
taz
5 Year Member

well i have been looking around for some thing different then then the trd super charger the thing just dosent hold up from what i have been reading . so i guess no one knows anything about this unit my search will continue .
Old 04-17-2008, 09:10 PM
SL Member

id stick with the trd
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah ive heard puting in the IC on the supercharger is just a pain and waste of money at the same time on an already expesive get up

ive also heard going water/meth is a good way to go, but just what exactly are the gains?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

SC = TRD and its your only option

TC = just about any of them and you have lots of options

So don't keep wasting time looking for something that doesn't exist

...and yes an IC on a SC will lose boost but thats why you run a 12psi pulley thus running around 10psi... a very very stable 10psi
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GammaTNT
you'll lose boost with any intercooler, its a pressure drop so we shouldn't use one for a turbo either?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ no we shouldn't use one with the trd s/c ...we all know that you dont wanna dump a ton of rpms into that s/c ...but you stay around 7-10psi and you are good to go.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
you'll lose boost with any intercooler, its a pressure drop so we shouldn't use one for a turbo either?
wrong.

with a supercharger, the boost is being generated by a compressor that delivers boost in a linear fashion that is determined by the ratio of engine speed at the crank, to the supercharger pulley on the intake. because of the length of the intake plumbing to intercool a supercharger, it looses boost because of the distance it has to pull the incoming air. which is why in the case of superchargers, it is better to use a an aftercooler. which means the supercharger sucks in air, and then forces it through the heat exchanger.

with a turbocharger, the amount of boost pressure is determined by the wastegate regulating the maximum allowable boost. so it won't released excess boost until it reaches it preset limit, but i suppose it can mean that there will be some more turbo lag.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
Originally Posted by nebster
wrong.

with a supercharger, the boost is being generated by a compressor that delivers boost in a linear fashion that is determined by the ratio of engine speed at the crank, to the supercharger pulley on the intake. because of the length of the intake plumbing to intercool a supercharger, it looses boost because of the distance it has to pull the incoming air. which is why in the case of superchargers, it is better to use a an aftercooler. which means the supercharger sucks in air, and then forces it through the heat exchanger.

with a turbocharger, the amount of boost pressure is determined by the wastegate regulating the maximum allowable boost. so it won't released excess boost until it reaches it preset limit, but i suppose it can mean that there will be some more turbo lag.
yes and no. the thing is you still lose the same amount of boost so to speak with the super charger as you would the turbocharger. It doesn't matter where the bost is created its all a matter of fluid dynamics. the longer the piping and the more corners the higher the pressure drop. I was being sarcastic.