Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Custom Supercharger Shafts !

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member

I might be getting a TRD Supercharger, does anyone know how I can get a tune for an auto? I am not looking tk.boost 12+psi, just something a little faster. Reason post in here because if I am able to get this TRD kit I will be upgrading to this shaft and bearings.

Also what exactly comes with a full kit? Can I buy a kit from a manual tC and then place on my auto tC? Tried searching and does not give me a full answer....

Thanks.

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-25-2019 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member

I might be getting a TRD supercharger, does anyone know how I can get a tune for an auto? I am not looking tk.boost 12+psi, just something a little faster. Reason post in here because if I am able to get this TRD kit I will be upgrading to this shaft and bearings.

Also what exactly comes with a full kit? Can I buy a kit from a manual tC and then place on my auto tC? Tried searching and does not give me a full answer....

Thanks,

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-25-2019 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 10-04-2013, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a bracket that is needed for an auto tc, so if you get a kit for a manual it will work, but you will need a bracket. As far as i know the bracket is no longer offered by TRD, so you are on your own there.
For tune you'll either have to go to the dealership or go with aftermarket options. I attached the TRD supercharger instructions, there is a parts breakdown listed in the instructions.

Originally Posted by Manina
I might be getting a TRD supercharger, does anyone know how I can get a tune for an auto? I am not looking tk.boost 12+psi, just something a little faster. Reason post in here because if I am able to get this TRD kit I will be upgrading to this shaft and bearings.

Thanks,
Attached Files

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-25-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the info. So I should be okay with an aftermarket tune then, You know which is the best option? Do you have a picture of the bracket? I googled for picture and can't find one.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Manina
Thanks for the info. So I should be okay with an aftermarket tune then, You know which is the best option? Do you have a picture of the bracket? I googled for picture and can't find one.
I would post in the supercharger sticky threads as you will get a better response, i don't have pictures of the bracket.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its not really a new bracket, its a spacer for the normal bracket on the compressor side and a new channel that relocates the auto trans dip stick out of the way of the compressor.
I thought I had a picture but damned if i can find it now.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shafts still available. Take advantage of the fact you will be driving your hoopties in the winter anyway and fix your superchargers!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still have some shafts left, get them before they are gone for good.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI,

If you are getting your bearings at grainger, pick up a tube of the mobile high temperature synthetic bearing grease. Mobile has performed well for us in the past and should help again thermal breakdown of the grease when the engine bay really heats up.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We still have shafts available, feel free to email us with your supercharger questions and concerns. We are glad to help anyone out even if you don't actually buy a shaft, actually if we think you don't need one we will tell you not to buy one. If you do need one now is your chance. Like all superchargers parts, they are here until they are gone for good.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still have a few shafts ready to go, if anyone needs one or has questions please let us know. We have been super busy lately with other things going on, but we are still around and always available to answer questions. I doubt we will be making any more batches as demand has slowed down considerably, we hope this is because we have saturated the market and our shafts are performing well . For all of you guys that love your s/c's this may be a good time to get a spare shaft with that extra x-mas money. If you monitor your s/c and bearings all should be well, but you can never predict a catastrophic failure when it comes to forced induction. Once these are gone it will be extremely have to get "1" made and getting a batch made would require thousands of dollars of upfront costs.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blistering cold in Chicago, but shafts are available and shipping. Hopefully, some of you out west are enjoying much better conditions. As always feel free to contact us with questions or comments. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We still have some shafts left, they usually go like hot cakes in the spring right after tax time and once they are gone that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member

Gompka sending you a message
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you happen to have any videos of what a failing shaft sounds like? I know what bad bearing sounds like....my gawd that was aweful.

I've been wanting to buy a kit from you for a while, so my guess is you will be getting a purchase from me very soon.

Any idea what would cause the S/C to leak oil?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by anti_virus347
Do you happen to have any videos of what a failing shaft sounds like? I know what bad bearing sounds like....my gawd that was aweful.

I've been wanting to buy a kit from you for a while, so my guess is you will be getting a purchase from me very soon.

Any idea what would cause the S/C to leak oil?
Failing bearings/failing shaft sound the same, unless the shaft totally breaks off which you can image sounds bad.

The oil leak is usually the supercharger seal on the blower side, its a pretty easy fix.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
Failing bearings/failing shaft sound the same, unless the shaft totally breaks off which you can image sounds bad.

The oil leak is usually the supercharger seal on the blower side, its a pretty easy fix.
Well that's good to know, thank you. I upgraded the bearings last year from www.superchargedscions.com, willing to sell a set minus the bearings?
Old 02-20-2014, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that's good to know, thank you. I upgraded the bearings last year from www.superchargedscions.com, willing to sell a set minus the bearings?
I would just keep the bearings as a backup, we recommend that you change out the bearings every so often anyway. The shafts come with the bearings pressed on from the shop so i can't sell a shaft minus the bearings.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
I would just keep the bearings as a backup, we recommend that you change out the bearings every so often anyway. The shafts come with the bearings pressed on from the shop so i can't sell a shaft minus the bearings.
Ah, i see. Are your bearings as good as his?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah, i see. Are your bearings as good as his?
Depends on which ones you purchased, i don't recommend ceramic bearings for the pulley side. There are plenty of people here running our bearings for a while now, the most important thing for longevity is installing a grease fitting.

Quick Reply: Custom Supercharger Shafts !