Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Descendant intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DMC0585
what kind of gains can u expect on a n/a setup?
The Manifold was not designed for N/A set-ups but customers will see around a 5 WHP & TQ gain as long as they already have 3" intake system, exhaust system & some sort of upgraded fuel map.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
Once again there is no actual before and after dyno in either boosted or n/a setups. Plus tuning is a big factor also if you get this.
Once again...not true. Dyno sheet are posted with several different set-ups. If you are looking for something specific please let me know and I'll do my best to provide the most accurate info possible.

TUNING...yes, you're 100% correct. We NEVER once claimed this to be a "Bolt-ON" style components. This manifold was designed for customer wanting to MAXIMIZE their BOOSTED SET-UPS.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM
SL Member

link of the dyno sheet for the turbo tc with intake mani?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmmm might be lookin into one of these soon, although not needed yet, would be nice for expansion
Old 10-06-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Many potential customers on here but you havent put a dyno graph on here to show gains?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install ins't to bad especially since it bolts right up without any modifications, just a little time consuming if your working on your back.

As for DYNO numbers our boosted 2AZFE customers can expect a minimum of 15% increase in WHP at low boost an as much as 25% on high boost applications. The CNC velocity stack runners & extra large aluminum plentum are the perfect combo for any forced induction application.

As for our NA customers they can expect anywhere from 18-25 WHP increase with this addition however we are actually getting ready to run several NA compraisons where we believe customer will be able to squezze even more power out of it with their NA 2AZFE's. I'll keep everyone posted as details become available.

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
Depends on what kind of boost numbers you run but from the cars we've been tuning over the past 20 months from our DESCENDANT home in Torrance, CA we seen the following results:

if you run 8-12psi
expect + 8-10WHP

if you run 15-18psi
expect an increase of 20WHP
**you gotta have FUEL SYSTEM...OEM pump & regulator have been replaced at this point.

if you run or want to run 20psi+ OEM manifold doesn't work anymore. Its exploded!

Something does not add up. you say MINIMUM of 15% increase in whp on low boost, and then say 8-12 whp for 8-12 psi. If my calculations are correct 15% of 300 whp(which you say your kits are capable of on 8psi) that is a gain of 45 whp. Not trying to start an argument, but I do not want Scion owners dissappointed when they drop 700$ on an intake manifold and do not see these type of results.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats not true...thats totally false.

What do you want to see?

We (along with EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD) have stock tC numbers & xB numbers.

We have tC & xB numbers Boosted with the Intake manifold.

We thru Jamie @ TRD Sparks have N/A numbers tuned w/ Uni-Chip.
not trying to start anything. but if you put a dyno of before and after your put the intake manifold and a retune ofcorse and it did make good gains people will buy it. and ofcorse not messing with timing after you installed the manifold cause that does add some hp. especially getting someone from scionlife that everyone trusts will be worth yoru wild.

anyways so you have a dyno sheet of a boosted car and another dyno sheet of the same exact car with same mods and boost level but with just intake manifold put in and a retune. (ofcorse not messing with timing to add a couple more hp's just adjusting AFR)? cause i have yet to see a before and after dyno with just adding the intake mani.

Last edited by m6ar2cel6oTC; 10-06-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Post them then. We've been waiting

I wanna see what your "set up" w/ and w/o the mani.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTit06
Install ins't to bad especially since it bolts right up without any modifications, just a little time consuming if your working on your back.

As for DYNO numbers our boosted 2AZFE customers can expect a minimum of 15% increase in WHP at low boost an as much as 25% on high boost applications. The CNC velocity stack runners & extra large aluminum plentum are the perfect combo for any forced induction application.

As for our NA customers they can expect anywhere from 18-25 WHP increase with this addition however we are actually getting ready to run several NA compraisons where we believe customer will be able to squezze even more power out of it with their NA 2AZFE's. I'll keep everyone posted as details become available.

Something does not add up. you say MINIMUM of 15% increase in whp on low boost, and then say 8-12 whp for 8-12 psi. If my calculations are correct 15% of 300 whp(which you say your kits are capable of on 8psi) that is a gain of 45 whp. Not trying to start an argument, but I do not want Scion owners dissappointed when they drop 700$ on an intake manifold and do not see these type of results.
what manifold are you talking about n/a to expect 18-25 whp?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

IDE imagin since you have a shop car and have this installed on other cars. Should be no problem getting the before and after right.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
what manifold are you talking about n/a to expect 18-25 whp?
This is boosted.
That's what rib told me a year ago. That with there kit and the mani I would see about 335-345 whp on 8 psi

So I don't understand tge 8-10 whp claim
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give me a manifold at a discount ill go dyno back to back at 20PSI
60-1
E85
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trd07tc
give me a manifold at a discount ill go dyno back to back at 20PSI
60-1
E85
i tryed before and spoke to rob on the phone a couple years back and he offered it to me 500 bucks. now if i owned a dyno ok. but since i dont doing a before dyno which around here is 75 bucks giver or take and then doing another one after installed is another 75 bucks so it wasnt worth it to me cause i will be paying full price.

rob you guys have a dyno at yoru facility?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

^^^^ do you know how many people have said that same exact thing.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
This is boosted.
That's what rib told me a year ago. That with there kit and the mani I would see about 335-345 whp on 8 psi

So I don't understand tge 8-10 whp claim
damn thats alot of power just on 8-10 psi? lol that would be great but doubt it. the way i see it the more boost the better for the manifold.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They can PM me if interested.
I dont mind putting a quality product on my car and helping them out at the same time.

Im just not looking to lose anything. I can always just buy it on my own and dont do a before and after
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whens next traxk day and dyno day trd?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Once again...not true. Dyno sheet are posted with several different set-ups. If you are looking for something specific please let me know and I'll do my best to provide the most accurate info possible.

TUNING...yes, you're 100% correct. We NEVER once claimed this to be a "Bolt-ON" style components. This manifold was designed for customer wanting to MAXIMIZE their BOOSTED SET-UPS.

rob.. please dont go MIA in this thread for another 3 months....

please post your dyno sheets since you have "several set ups"
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: Living in the Omaha, NE area, traveling all over the continent

This thread was started over a year ago. If a shop can't post up a dyno sheet after an entire year, then something isn't right. There's also the issue of Descendant's claims of power gains changing drastically since this product was first revealed.

I'd say this choice is a no-brainer. It's not worth it unless you actually need a more durable replacement for the stock intake manifold.

Rob, if I'm wrong, show us some proof. You told us almost a year ago that you would post dyno results here for us "next week". They're still not here. I don't mean to be rude but a classic phrase comes to mind...

Put up or shut up.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...you guys are relentless.

DYNO sheets related to this product have been posted here & there in the thread & on others since we started selling them and if you were honestly in the market for one of our DESCENDANT Intake manifold and were looking for DATA & not just busting my ***** you would have found it by now if you simply looked or picked up the phone to call us.

However, don't worry, I'm currently working on getting them scanned & online so that I can post them here on SL for all of you to see.

Quick Reply: Descendant intake manifold