Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

dezod turbo kit issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Default dezod turbo kit issues

ok everyone. having some slight issues with my maf sensor. so after my install which i believe i installed correctly lol on startup it turned right over. 2 problems.. one CEL which reads maf circuit low input fault. 2 im running stupid rich on fuel. so i was told it could be the maf sensor that is making it run rich but not sure how to fix that. i called ptuning because im taking it there to get proffesionally tuned tomorow and told them and they said they recommend replacing the maf before i bring it in and if it still reads the same problem it most likely can be fixed within the tune. well i replaced the maf and... same problem. still taking it in tomorow but i want to be certain that something isnt messed up. so if anyone else had run into this sort of problem your suggestions would be great. thank you
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you unplug the maf sensor without disconnecting the battery, that code will come up. Happens to me everytime I clean the maf. Clear the code, let the car re-learn idle, and if possible, drive it around (out of boost of course) until the obd port is in the "ready" state. If there's a problem with the maf, it'll pop up once again in that time frame. Most likely will pop up when you turn the car off, then start again if there is a problem.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bllackoutx90
ok everyone. having some slight issues with my maf sensor. so after my install which i believe i installed correctly lol on startup it turned right over. 2 problems.. one CEL which reads maf circuit low input fault. 2 im running stupid rich on fuel. so i was told it could be the maf sensor that is making it run rich but not sure how to fix that. i called ptuning because im taking it there to get proffesionally tuned tomorow and told them and they said they recommend replacing the maf before i bring it in and if it still reads the same problem it most likely can be fixed within the tune. well i replaced the maf and... same problem. still taking it in tomorow but i want to be certain that something isnt messed up. so if anyone else had run into this sort of problem your suggestions would be great. thank you
Originally Posted by That_Kid_Ju
If you unplug the maf sensor without disconnecting the battery, that code will come up. Happens to me everytime I clean the maf. Clear the code, let the car re-learn idle, and if possible, drive it around (out of boost of course) until the obd port is in the "ready" state. If there's a problem with the maf, it'll pop up once again in that time frame. Most likely will pop up when you turn the car off, then start again if there is a problem.
I'd hardly say it's a kit problem. The sensor is indepedant from the kit. And Julian has you on the right track.