Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Downpipe Doughnut Gasket???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Downpipe Doughnut Gasket???

I got the treadstone kit for my 07, as some of you know I had to take it apart cause of the tranny but when I did the doughnut gasket was cracked. It's not the same as the oem on the original downpipe as this one for the kit was a little thicker. does anybody know anywhere to get one of these or no? I tried a bunch of auto parts stores which led me to the dealership and they dont have any of what im looking for. I found one of these gaskets on extremepsi.com but the gasket is for an evo, just wondering if it would fit or not. if anybody has any ideas i would really appreciate it. thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Downpipe Doughnut Gasket???

Originally Posted by Rizzie
I got the treadstone kit for my 07, as some of you know I had to take it apart cause of the tranny but when I did the doughnut gasket was cracked. It's not the same as the oem on the original downpipe as this one for the kit was a little thicker. does anybody know anywhere to get one of these or no? I tried a bunch of auto parts stores which led me to the dealership and they dont have any of what im looking for. I found one of these gaskets on extremepsi.com but the gasket is for an evo, just wondering if it would fit or not. if anybody has any ideas i would really appreciate it. thanks
I also have a Treadstone kit and had gassket leaking problems multiple times. I had my local exhaust shop put it on the lift and use a gasket from a Dodge Neon for mine and have had no leaks yet at all. Its considerably thicker and I think allows for a bit more movement without bustin a leak. Might try it. He used a sleeve from the inside of the s-pipe that the neon gasket was placed on. Then placed the sleeve inside the s-pipe and the sleeve keeps the new gasket centered well while bolting it back together. Do know how good of a fix this is but it worked for me as I was annoyed at fixing exhaust leaks once a week.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i had the same problem, still do actually. mine cracked, had a huge leak there for a while till i put a different gasket in there, doesnt leak as much now but it still leaks. ive tried emailing treadstone about getting a new one and havent had any luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i tried treadstone and jason just told me to get to the dealership but i aint have luck there. i dont know im about to just try this evo one and see if it works or not
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

have you tried dezod?