Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Engine management advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

nah i just like giving Travis a hard time is all...lol
Old 01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
Travis please think before speaking

the fic has been used in the following apps that concern us
05-06 Tc auto and 5speed
07-up Tc auto and 5speed
xb1
xb2 5speed

thes are the ones i know about and can link a few threads to em, not many peeps have been boosting the xb2 auto that i know of but then again i dont follow the xb very much.

now tell me this travis have you seen a street tc using the ultimate that didnt have a cel? just curious cause the ultimate doesnt have an 02map that im aware of.

How about you pay attention to what you are replying to before replying. You just confirmed/repeated exactly what I just said. I said "not if he switches to a management that has been proven to work"........AS IN on "his" application, an xB2 Auto....to which you did not list.

You read WAY to far into that post man. No way did I intend to say the FI/C was unproven all around. Good geez, I have been around these forums long enogh to know what it works on, don't need a historical list of cars its been used with.

And YES I have seen a street tC using the ultimate without a CEL. I stare at it sitting in the parking space outside my living room everyday. Didn't have a CEL when I was running with the Blue either just FYI...

Ps.....Had I had a CEL you would have to shoot me in order to take an FI/C and put in my tC over my Ultimate. It doesn't have what I need and would be actually holding my performance back.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 01-18-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...travis this is why i give you crap....man you make it soo much fun...lmao

in anycase your not boosted so you dont count...lmao...then again im in the same boat so i have no room to talk...hahaha
Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I left the xb2 auto out of the list cause i havnt seen it work on it, as far as i have seen Fred is the only one i know that has tried.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

martin has a big ...........................................turbo =]
Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont know if you were really interested in picking up an oscope - but if so - this is what Im using - its a really nice unit for most work that doesnt require high resolution and the fact that it ties directly into your pc makes it easy for logging. Its also very inexpensive

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microc...me,ProductName
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

lol...travis this is why i give you crap....man you make it soo much fun...lmao

in anycase your not boosted so you dont count...lmao...then again im in the same boat so i have no room to talk...hahaha

See, we on the same team. Downed soilders...lol
Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
you gonna have enough of a tax refund this year for that ptuning kit?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the fic is good to start on but at this point i need something more i have no issues when boosting a non factory boosted car you will never get it to run 100 ideal without a standalone thats where i will be going i need full control of additives like n2o and water meth oh yeah oh yeah
Old 01-18-2010, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

word...with a little luck and incometax we should be back though...lol
Old 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
you gonna have enough of a tax refund this year for that ptuning kit?
I have two sons, so my tax return is big enough to buy 2 PTuning kits....hehehe. BUT....quite the contrary though, I will not be using any of it to purchase my kit. I make enough regular payday money to need to use tax return. I have other obligations to take care of first, so been focusing on that stuff. Once that's done, then I will get my kit.

Also been spending most of the funds addressing suspension and drivetrain with the addition of the LSD, coilovers, tires...etc. That stuff takes some pulling from the PTuning fund to accquire.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have two sons, so my tax return is big enough to buy 2 PTuning kits....hehehe. BUT....quite the contrary though, I will not be using any of it to purchase my kit. I make enough regular payday money to need to use tax return. I have other obligations to take care of first, so been focusing on that stuff. Once that's done, then I will get my kit.

Also been spending most of the funds addressing suspension and drivetrain with the addition of the LSD, coilovers, tires...etc. That stuff takes some pulling from the PTuning fund to accquire.
TWO SONS???!!!!! you've been busy. the fam always takes priority though. i just cant imagine going from 10lbs daily to 0. get crackin. you're falling behind the curve.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Try a different 1910? It might seem too simple, seeing as how you've modified harnesses, had AEM send you a 1911, took the 1910 apart to examine the board, etc., but sometimes the simple solution is to just try another, there may be something going on internally with the unit that you cannot gauge by doing what you've done, just a thought.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
TWO SONS???!!!!! you've been busy. the fam always takes priority though. i just cant imagine going from 10lbs daily to 0. get crackin. you're falling behind the curve.

12lbs daily to 0 is a bit disheartening. But I gained in other areas 10 fold.

I went from

-12lbs of boost on a 20G
-Factory tires
-H-tech springs
-Factory Swaybars
-Open Diff

to

N/A

-200 treadwear Hankooks
-Tein SS coilovers
-APR front spliter
-Rado's APR GT200 rear wing
-Progress Technology Rear Sway bar
-TRD LSD

Throw my new setup into an AutoX against my car of yesteryear...and It would OWN my turbo past. The feeling of going from a row boat feel, to a flat on rails feel...is night and day. Back on boost will be cream on the cake.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Travis check out new street class rules, much has changed. And I think they cancelled Nashville this year. Come out to the east coast for the RTA @ Thunderbolt April 10-11!

OP, the Ultimate would suit your application well. It does have the capabitlity of 02 spoofing with one added peice.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

really? I was told by another member (elevationtc) that it didnt have anyway of controling the primary o2 sensor.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/sear...hp?prodID=4068

ah nm that isnt the unit, similar though. That one just controls when the loops switch. Stay tuned though, we are working on something that actually spoofs. Worked really well on the last tune (auto turbo tC).

Last edited by blown_xa; 01-19-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ic...if i wanted to go to ultimate could you list all that i would need and price? so pretty much the e-ultimate doesnt have 02 control out of the box? with the modual will you be able to controle the o2 signal via map?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Hey Travis check out new street class rules, much has changed. And I think they cancelled Nashville this year. Come out to the east coast for the RTA @ Thunderbolt April 10-11!

OP, the Ultimate would suit your application well. It does have the capabitlity of 02 spoofing with one added peice.

Yea, I'm signed up on the Time Attack forums and been following the rule changes. Some are rather stupid, primarily so the rule of having to have your WG routing through a CAT. Not willing to do that. Some guy proposed a downpipe with a mini CAT, so I might look into that.

And boy am I PO'ed about Import Alliance giving Redline the boot because they want to squeeze more Hondas into the parking lot...how lame is that.

Anyhow, I will have to work on my scheduling to see what events I can hit this year. I do have a track day this weekend at the Nashville track. I will try and break my previous time ran during Redline.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ic...if i wanted to go to ultimate could you list all that i would need and price? so pretty much the e-ultimate doesnt have 02 control out of the box? with the modual will you be able to controle the o2 signal via map?
correct. As far as pricing im not the guy lol. I just install the stuff. Feel free to call us anytime about it though. The o2 spoofer is something still in testing stages, I shouldnt have mentioned it yet actually lol. But I know it won't cost very much, probably less than $50. And it worked very well as I said on the last tune.

Quick Reply: Engine management advice needed