Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Exhaust with s/c

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Exhaust with s/c

I'm not sure what the guy put on before me, but it's not too loud, I enjoy it, but it rattles and I was thinking about replacing my exhaust. I had it checked out, but the garage couldn't do anything because of the size of exhaust.

With the s/c, is there a dia. that's right? I don't want those 4" tips, I think they look ridiculous. Right now I think I have a 2" tip.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

If you aren't adding more boost to the s/c other then the stock 7 PSI, you really don't need much more then the stock exhaust diameter. I wouldn't go any larger then 3" once you start pumping a lot more psi... like 12 or more... max is 15 on the s/c.

It really depends on the setup you run: one or two catalytic converters and the efficiency and length of the resonator(s) as well as muffler/tip.

I have a 4" tip off my muffler, however I permanently installed the silencer with some extra flow holes to the silencer and it doesn't sound horrible... there is some rasp but that's because i have a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, then a high efficiency catalytic converter and a 16" resonator.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deademon
I'm not sure what the guy put on before me, but it's not too loud, I enjoy it, but it rattles and I was thinking about replacing my exhaust. I had it checked out, but the garage couldn't do anything because of the size of exhaust.

With the s/c, is there a dia. that's right? I don't want those 4" tips, I think they look ridiculous. Right now I think I have a 2" tip.

Yes, 4 inch tips do look ridiculous. The best set-up for a moderate amount of power (like with a supercharger) is about a 2.5" to 3". You don't need bigger than 3" unless you're going turbo or running a lot of boost You would probably be ok with a set-up like mine: DC Ceramic header, Nvidia S-pipe, Megan mid-pipe (I don't have the midpipe yet), TRD axleback.

Or you could just get the Ptuning exhaust and call it a day:

http://www.ptuning.com/subdir/search...r&cmbYear=2007