Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

F/IC Issues TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 AM
SL Member

Default F/IC Issues TSB?

Ok so I did the resistor mod and changed the vacuum lines onto the Brake Booster Line and left the waste gate and bov on the throttle body. Car ran great for a couple of days. Got off work after it rained and now it won't run for crap. afr s are running between 9-11 at idle if it will run. This is the same tune, nothing changed from the day before where it would idle 14.5 - 15 and all other times were where they should. If I hook the laptop up the map readings are spiking and falling. I did the resistor mod for the cel p0016 and it was clear after 2 days of driving

What could cause this spiking in the pressure? My AEM water/meth controller was doing this too and is now disconnected (it would sense boost with the car off and spray) Also my AEM analog boost hasn't worked since the day I got it. The egt and uego work great though, wired the same way. My car ran great n/a and have a hard time believing the car's cam/crank/actuator(I replaced the cam pos sensor) is bad with less than 400 miles on the car boosted. As stated in the title I can't find the tsb for the p0016.

p.s. I can buy an ultimate for cheap, should I ditch the fic?

my car

edit: all AEM electronics were purchased new
Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where were the vac lines before being moved to the brake booster and how long were they there?

Take off the 4 screws on the F/IC where the harnesses and vac line connects and slide the board out. Go to the end of the vac line on the board where it connects to the map sensor. Gently pull it straight off without removing the zip tie and see if any water comes out. Happened to me when I had the vac source lines for my F/IC and boost gauge switched up. Fried the MAP sensor on board the F/IC.

Your MAF map is probably going crazy because it's not reading correct PSIA and this will make the car idle stupid rich. With the car off, (temporary), go into setup, change your MAF setting to percent, also while there, set MAF max voltage to 4.3, then open your MAF map and set all cells to 0. This should clear up the idle/cruise problem but under boost, it still relies on your MAP sensor working properly.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The p0016 could have been just a freak accident if it is now cleared and has not come back. Now if I were you then I would just hookup a mechanical vacuum/boost gauge and compare the readings between the FIC and the mechanical gauge. If they are different then I would say the FIC is bad and needs repair.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:58 AM
SL Member

sorry it took a while to get back, I had to leave the car at my brother's since it wouldn't run for more than 15 seconds.

Rangerryda- vacuum lines were were on the throttle body, guy who I bought the setup from had it there. That is also about 6 inches from my methanol injection. Took the board out and looked around didn't see any moisture in line, but it's been doing this off and on for a month or so. Lines are as short as possible. I zeroed out the Maf map like you said and was able to make it home.

Outerheaven- Contacted AEM and they are going to cover it!

Thank you both for the advice and at least I got the car home and got an idea whats wrong with it.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I could help!