Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

GReddy Turbo Oil Feed Line and Fitting Diagram for replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exclamation GReddy Turbo Oil Feed Line and Fitting Diagram for replacement

Hi everyone.
I know this car and the kit is kinda old but if any one of you are getting a used GReddy kit and the oil feed line or the fittings needs to be replaced I made a diagram so you guys know what to get.
By the way the greddy kit install pdf has a typo about the fittings so it was kinda confusing for me.

Here is the diagram:

GReddy Turbo Oil Feed Line and Fitting Diagram for replacement-greddy-turbo-oil-feed-line-diagraph.jpg

Basically PT is a regular thread and PF is a flared thread. BSPT thread might be the same. Not sure about it.

What was confusing to me is that in the pdf file they never tell you that the M10 thread with the copper washer needs to go in to the top of the turbo and the PF side needs to go in to the oil feed line.
PDF shows that this fitting is an M10 on one side and 1/8 PT on the other side. WRONG! It is 1/8 PF on the oil feed side.
It might be clear to some of you which fitting goes where but the thread on my fitting was super bad so I couldn't tell which one goes where. And I couldn't drive the car to a hose / hydraulics shop so they could check the thread on the turbo.

The oil feed line cost $95 from GReddy and the 1/8PF - M10 fitting is an additional $10 or so. Plus shipping. Another $40 if you need this overnight because you need your car ASAP.
Local hose/hydraulics shop got me all these fittings and feed line for $50 Even included the Teflon already applied on the fitting.
I hope this will help out somebody.
If it's something is not clear message me.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 03-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO
Hi everyone.
I know this car and the kit is kinda old but if any one of you are getting a used greddy kit and the oil feed line or the fittings needs to be replaced I made a diagram so you guys know what to get.
By the way the greddy kit install pdf has a typo about the fittings so it was kinda confusing for me.

here is the diagram:

Attachment 16314

Basically PT is a regular thread and PF is a flared thread. BSPT thread might be the same. Not sure about it.

What was confusing to me is that in the pdf file they never tell you that the m10 thread with the copper washer needs to go in to the top of the turbo and the PF side needs to go in to the oil feed line.
PDF shows that this fitting is an m10 on one side and 1/8 PT on the other side. WRONG! It is 1/8 PF on the oil feed side.
It might be clear to some of you which fitting goes where but the thread on my fitting was super bad so I couldn't tell which one goes where. And I couldn't drive the car to a hose / hydraulics shop so they could check the thread on the turbo.

The oil feed line cost $95 from greddy and the 1/8PF - M10 fitting is an additional $10 or so. Plus shipping. Another $40 if you need this overnight because you need your car ASAP.
Local hose/hydraulics shop got me all these fittings and feed line for $50 Even included the teflon already applied on the fitting.
I hope this will help out somebody.
If its something is not clear message me.
You need the BPST? or the T? Or what?

http://www.dezod.com/pd-bspt-male-to-female-18-npt.cfm
http://www.dezod.com/pd-brass-18-npt...ee-fitting.cfm
Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Already got the correct fittings but thanks.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO
Already got the correct fittings but thanks.
Then what do you need? The 3AN line?
Old 03-08-2014, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Then what do you need? The 3AN line?
Is my first post really that confusing? I have everything all fixed up but thanks. I just wanted to post this up because I spend a whole night trying to figure it out what's up with the fittings
and I saw hundreds of universal oil feed lines on eBay but I didn't know which one to order because I wasn't sure whats going on with the fittings. Also saw dozens of forum posts when I Googled it.

That GReddy install pdf should be more clear and they should correct the typo. Already spoke to someone from GReddy to clarify the fittings. And the guys was like: Uhm... there is a typo on the pdf. The feed line receives pf fitting not pt.

Everything is all cleared up and a local hydraulics / race hose shop already gave me everything I need. Btw thanks for Clutch. I just got them installed a few days ago. It bites like crazy. I still need to get used to it. ( I am Csaba [Shaba])

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-12-2021 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge