Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Harsh Rpm" Bounce On Aem Fic

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Harsh Rpm" Bounce On Aem Fic

i have a question,my friend has a boosted 05 scion tc dezod kit,he bought everything off here has a aem fic piggy back system,that was suppously tuned for 8 psi.. 550 injectors....the install went smooth,car starts up fine,but on warm starts,when he goes in 1 st gear mostly in traffic and parking lots,then he pops it into neutral...his rpms come down a usual,stabalized around 800 rpm mark,then as the actual speed of the car slow down,the rpms,suddenly,dips up and down,harsh, twice,to where,the 2nd time rpms bounce so low,it shuts off the car,he does he a little rpms bounce in other gears,but it doesnt shut the car off,the tune on the fic,looks decent,havent gone on the car yet...afrs looks good,but hes goona get all that check out in a few weeks,but i was wondering,if its the tune,that needs ajustments,or a vaccumm leak some where...any ideas what could cause this...on cold starts its not bad...
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the same issue on my 06 tc with the AEM FIC. Ive read that the rpm bounce is pretty common but I didnt know it would kill the car at times like mine your friends does. Ive tried fooling with the tune a bit but to no avail.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jacob81
I have the same issue on my 06 tc with the AEM FIC. Ive read that the rpm bounce is pretty common but I didnt know it would kill the car at times like mine your friends does. Ive tried fooling with the tune a bit but to no avail.

i myself have bouncy rpms,but its not too bad,but his car,idk if theres a leak some where,or maybe just needs a retune,when this happens in 1st gear,rpms,drop down normal,car speed slows down,then all of the sudden,drops to 500 or lil lower,afrs goes way lean when this happens,rpms come up to 1400 roms,afrs comes up,on the 2nd drop,comes down so quick,the car,cant pick it up,car,just justs off,so im thinking,maybe its a fuel issues,bouncy rpms isnt a biggy,but when,it shuts off the car,serious..
Old 08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a similar problem,something in the tune needed ajustments,cause it was leaning out in 1st gear wouldnt hold idle correctly goin ginto nuetral,and 2nd i had a bad leak at my maf sensor,
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had this problem with the dezod kit to. After ptuning tuned the car the bouncy rpm went away. Your friend might want to get a custom tune for his car, the tune currently on the aem fic probably worked for the previous owner but might not work for his.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=tcturbo07;4124361]I had this problem with the dezod kit to. After ptuning tuned the car the bouncy rpm went away. Your friend might want to get a custom tune for his car, the tune currently on the aem fic probably worked for the previous owner but might not work for his.[/QUOT

told him needs a retune........i myself have it a lil bit...is yours completely gone...not even one bounce....whats ur specs......alot of people i talked to with the fic,have it of some kind,if i know you can get rid of it completely,ill have my tuner look at mine.......
Old 08-28-2013, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=my06tc;4124372]
Originally Posted by tcturbo07
I had this problem with the dezod kit to. After ptuning tuned the car the bouncy rpm went away. Your friend might want to get a custom tune for his car, the tune currently on the aem fic probably worked for the previous owner but might not work for his.[/QUOT

told him needs a retune........i myself have it a lil bit...is yours completely gone...not even one bounce....whats ur specs......alot of people i talked to with the fic,have it of some kind,if i know you can get rid of it completely,ill have my tuner look at mine.......

I only notice bouncy when the seasons changed for alititle but then it would go away. It's defintely in the tune and can be fixed.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=tcturbo07;4124397]
Originally Posted by my06tc

I only notice bouncy when the seasons changed for alititle but then it would go away. It's defintely in the tune and can be fixed.

interesting,i hear thats the #1 complaint with the fic...so if its all in the tuning,not sure why its a issue...guess,you gotta know what to do and how to fix it...im def gonna see whats up,
Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=my06tc;4124516]

interesting,i hear thats the #1 complaint with the fic...so if its all in the tuning,not sure why its a issue...guess,you gotta know what to do and how to fix it...im def gonna see whats up,

Before the car was tuned by Ptuning the idle bouncing was really noticeable but after I was tuned, I never really took notice to the idle again. Everynow and then it would bounce but the car would not shake and die like it used to. Imo alot of people take their car to local tuner who dont know how to tune scion like Dezod and Ptuning does. Not saying there arent tuner out there that dont know how to tune scion but most dont just my 2 cents
Old 08-29-2013, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=tcturbo07;4124542]

Before the car was tuned by Ptuning the idle bouncing was really noticeable but after I was tuned, I never really took notice to the idle again. Everynow and then it would bounce but the car would not shake and die like it used to. Imo alot of people take their car to local tuner who dont know how to tune scion like Dezod and Ptuning does. Not saying there arent tuner out there that dont know how to tune scion but most dont just my 2 cents
your absolutely right....thank god,i have a pretty good tuner,my idle isnt as bad as most ive herd about,yea 1st gear on mine,could be lil bit better,getting that checked out,now that i know,could be alot better,ive always wanted my scion to act like stock on the fic lol,most people i talked too,said thats not possible,im like,that cant be,if you know what your doing,should be fine.....but yea sometimes a trip to dezod or ptunning is worth it at the end
Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=my06tc;4124559]

your absolutely right....thank god,i have a pretty good tuner,my idle isnt as bad as most ive herd about,yea 1st gear on mine,could be lil bit better,getting that checked out,now that i know,could be alot better,ive always wanted my scion to act like stock on the fic lol,most people i talked too,said thats not possible,im like,that cant be,if you know what your doing,should be fine.....but yea sometimes a trip to dezod or ptunning is worth it at the end

Does your tune get affected by the seasons? Thats one thing I notice with the fic.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=tcturbo07;4124706]

Does your tune get affected by the seasons? Thats one thing I notice with the fic.

def.....one week it hot and humid,then cool and dry,the rain and vise versa,car goes crazy when everything changes off and on very quickly,the fic from my experience is sensitive,it gets out of its tune sometimes,sometimes i wish i had a standalone or stock car lol....im in the northeast.....so hopefully this fall/winter...is be a bit calmer as far as the temps