Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnhawkins
this is great - and I thought people hated me lol
Why you?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol well I started the car today, had no codes (i didnt clear them so tht was weird). Anyway drove fine till I got off work then I started the code threw a miss code and p0012 and p0016. Im guessing I had the resistor and it has blown so Im going to see what I can do about that tomorrow, Hopefully that will fix my problems.

It only died on me once today, which I dont mind an erratic idle as long as it doesnt kill the car thats the part thats so frustrating.

also had the tune since december. and no no vac leaks or meth injection. vacs are healthy at 22 and tb cleaner on the lines does nothing.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blue_TC_Man
lol well I started the car today, had no codes (i didnt clear them so tht was weird). Anyway drove fine till I got off work then I started the code threw a miss code and p0012 and p0016. Im guessing I had the resistor and it has blown so Im going to see what I can do about that tomorrow, Hopefully that will fix my problems.

It only died on me once today, which I dont mind an erratic idle as long as it doesnt kill the car thats the part thats so frustrating.

also had the tune since december. and no no vac leaks or meth injection. vacs are healthy at 22 and tb cleaner on the lines does nothing.
Try that resistor mod. I have no clue about that because I don't have the fic. Uuummm I dunno checked your plugs? How do they look?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are brand new,
Old 06-23-2010, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are brand new,
When did you switch them? What gap? And what plugs? Are they the exact plugs you had before when you got tuned? Reason being is for exAmple if you tuned on iridium and then used copper plugs that could hrow off you tune a lil. Not by much I think. Or maybe there tapped to big. Never know.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same plug NGK ir. at the same gap as the ones I removed (forgot what it was). And it ran fine on them for like 2 weeks it just randomly started doing this and gave the code, which is why I think they are related
Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol speaking of p0012 lol I just had it pop up on me!!!! Lol I think my timing might be off by a lil. I just recently built my head and I guess we thought everything was lined up good.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well did the resistor mod and my cars runs great now. Idles beautifully for 630cc injectors as well. Boomslang only had the mod half done (24 pin connector had the resistors but the 22 did not) I put the resistor in the 22 pin, and replaced boomslangs horrid soldering job with a new resistor.

I would highly recommend the mod to any f/ic guys, and if you have the boomslang harness replaceing their resistor and doing the mod correctly.

Thanks for all your help guys, and good luck getting yours running right m6ar2cel6oTC
Old 06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good stuff.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bravo!! Bravo!!! I'm glad you got everything settled. Now I wonder if us ultimate guys need resistor mod? I guess I will see after I fix my car again lol.