Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Help me pickout a clutch PWEEEZ :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Level ten told me i have to buy there special "standalone tranny computer" to get the tranny to work to full extent.. it wasnt shifting properly and wouldnt even work with the greddy ultimate.. they didnt tell me this before which is why im making them rebuild the tranny again just incase there was any damage and im selling the tranny.. hopefully ill get more than half in return.. from somewhere
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
Originally Posted by chintastictc
Originally Posted by TCpete
Originally Posted by chintastictc
^^^^^what a stock clutch and flywheel is dirt cheap and hes gonna destroy the new clutch learning and have to do it all over again any way....c'mon
bro you just suggest to him to get a stock motor and throw it in with an MT tranny and stock clutch... THEN re do the ENTIRE swap over a 2nd time all because of learning on a MAN clutch... NO DUDE U CMON! have some common sense.... why do the job 2 time over and spend more money then need to... cheaaaa ok!
ok noob cake....your saying that he cant run a built motor without the turbo kit??????and install later on with the clutch when ready...seriously...my buddy when breaking in his motor ran it stock before he put the turbo kit on .... stock ecu and all....its not hard to install a turbo kit man...
1. you post says "swap" not taking off the turbo, nothing else...
2. me a noob? AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHHHAHAH
3. me a noob again HAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
4. if your friend has a "built" motor then how would it even make some sense to run the stock ecu??? or your telling me yea just slap it all together and it will be fine... forget timing, fuel trim, consideration for possible different compression(since i dont know what he has)... hes not stock compression.. so u want him to run no turbo kit and stock ecu for what? to have it run horific for weeks/months while he learns how to work a clutch on a HORRIFIC running car and runs into a possible fuel/timing problem then BOOM it blows?

YES IM A NOOB... HEAR ME ROAR!.......

seriously tho, keep the turbo and built motor, do the tranny swap, throw the stage 4 int here with a 12lb flywheel learn on that, just honestly try to stay out of boost lol. take it easy

dont waste your time/money on taking the kit off, throwing a stock clutch in there all just to get used to driving a STOCK tC when you will returbo it and throw a stronger clutch in there and have to RELEARN and pay for labor twice, thats just stupid.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^SURE
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Comp stage 4 SPRUNG with a 12 lb fly is what im looking at right now.

whats the diff between the 12lb and the 9 lb fly?
stg 4 and 12 lb flywheel is my set up chad.. trust me your going to love it...

rob also has a stg 4 and i know he likes it also lol u should take a ride in our cars.. mines is just set up to engage a tad higher cuz im short lmao

the difference is faster revving and spooling on the 9lb but ur gonna have to rev higher to get it going when engaging first... with the 12lb u can engage like almost stock but it rev faster then stock and launching on a 12 lb is easier then launching on a 9lb.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah as Pete said - I have a Stg 4. I love it.. I also have the 9lb flywheel.. and I don't like it as much as Pete's 12lb.

If I could do it again, I'd do the 12lb and only because of all the freakin' noise the 9lb makes. I could barely hear Pete's flywheel compared to mine.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ordered the stage 4 sprung and 12 lb fly.. looking into the TRD LSD aswell as the B&M short shifter
Old 01-10-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I think i will go this route when i go turbo. Thanks for the info. And dang Chintastic you really need to chill and know who your talking too. TCpete has been aroudn along time and he knows a ton more than you when it comes to this stuff.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I think i will go this route when i go turbo. Thanks for the info. And dang Chintastic you really need to chill and know who your talking too. TCpete has been aroudn along time and he knows a ton more than you when it comes to this stuff.
lol how do you know wat i know ....if anyone took the time and understood my logic it would be a different story...my knowledge is very wide in f/i thank you
Old 01-10-2009, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok well the way you were posting it wasnt like you were putting much thought into it. Anyways i dont wanna argue or fight. im just glad i found out some good info.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Ok well the way you were posting it wasnt like you were putting much thought into it. Anyways i dont wanna argue or fight. im just glad i found out some good info.
sweet...ya learn somethin new everyday and i was playing madden while i was posting those other posts haha i had to hurry