Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

help with my tune.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default help with my tune.

Hey i was tuned a while back by lance on my aem fic....im tuned at 9 psi and lance
said he ended up maxing out my 550cc injectors. and just throwing it out htat my
intake the MAF sits on is 3''. right now im experiencing rapid misfires throughout 5-6 rpms, they are not so common in 1st & 2nd gear but there in 3 4 & 5. i have the a
laptop with the AEM program but i am unclear as to how to open save and run logs on
the program. can u guys help me out? how do i go about loading my map onto my
laptop so i can save it and make changes accordingly to fix this. im silly and noobish and i dont have a wideband... so i shouldnt be making any crazy changes..i do kno im
running more rich than lean.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont see how you are maxing out your 550's at 9psi. unless your target afr is like 6.5:1.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly! it doesnt make any sense to me, everyone makes out this lance tuner to be legendary to the tC's but to be honest he just spit nonsense to me.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
i dont see how you are maxing out your 550's at 9psi. unless your target afr is like 6.5:1.
I think an engine just becomes one really fancy fuel pump at that afr.

Also, on your sig...

Isn't a parsec a unit of distance?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cmon guys lol on topic,

can some1 atleast tell me how to load up my map once iv plugged the usb into the fic from my laptop w/ program running, i can prob fig out when i get to my car im just here working eating **** till i can get out there
Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Misfires on AEM F/IC?

You may need to do that resistor mod on the cam1mag+ cam1mag- wires.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
Originally Posted by brett561tc
I think an engine just becomes one really fancy fuel pump at that afr.

Also, on your sig...

Isn't a parsec a unit of distance?
compliments of wookieepedia...

The Kessel Run was an 18-parsec route used by smugglers to move glitterstim spice from Kessel to an area south of the Si'Klaata Cluster without getting caught by the Imperial ships that were guarding the movement of spice from Kessel's mines. Worlds along the Kessel Run included Fwillsving, Randa, Rion, and possibly Zerm.

It took travelers in real space around The Maw leading them to an uninhabitable—but far easier to navigate—area of space called The Pit, which was an asteroid cluster encased in a nebula arm making sensors as well as pilots go virtually blind. Thus there was a high chance that pilots, weary from the long flight through real space, would crash into an asteroid.

Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec is a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance, he may have indirectly referred to the speed of his ship here because to be able to go closer to black hole and still be able to get out of its gravitational pull you will need to be able to go faster. However, parsec relates to time in that a shorter distance equals a shorter time at the same speed. By moving closer to the black holes, Solo managed to cut the distance down to about 11.5 parsecs. The smuggler, BoShek, actually beat Solo's record in his ship, Infinity, but without cargo to weigh him down.

A few months later, Han Solo beat both his own and BoShek's records in a run he made with Luke Skywalker.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Banned
SL Member

What is your injector pulse set at, also what does your maf map look like and what is the max voltage ? I noticed with a 3" maf holder I ran leaner, so you need to add more fuel for that along but not as much as you are.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Misfires on AEM F/IC?

x2
Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crayola_G
Exactly! it doesnt make any sense to me, everyone makes out this lance tuner to be legendary to the tC's but to be honest he just spit nonsense to me.
I know of a couple of tc tuned by him. They have all said pretty good things, and the cars are running great last I heard.

So it seems odd, he would do a crappy tune.

But anyways.

Have you checked for the basics.

Vacuum leak, Injector Leaks, Manifold Leaks, Leaks around the Maf, Couplers are all on tight, Check each spark plug (do they have white/black soot), All the wiring is on par, everything grounded properly, no bent/cracked lines, could try cleaning the maf, both O2 sensors are heating up when you have the key in on position (engine off), any check engine lights, might have to do the resistor mod on the aem fic (can't give you too much info on this, I've only briefly heard of it).

I'm pretty sure thats the jist of the check-up, lol. Someone else chime in if I forgot something.

This may sound silly, not trying to be an ___. But i'm pretty sure aem has a manual of some sort, or at least they should. Thats what I would do.

Thats how I learned to use the hydra, lol.

Hope you get it resolved.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Misfires on AEM F/IC?

how does this work?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check your plugs. could be breakin up cause of your plugs. cause if everything was good when you got tuned and then all of a sudden its starting to do that then could be something on the actual car then the tune. and i told you a million times lol that you shouldnt be maxing out your plugs. i am boosting 11 psion a ____ty reflashed ecu and emanage tune lol and i am not maxing out my 550cc injectors. did you ever get your fuel pump? by the way i changed my number just incase you need to contact me. pm your number if you need to contact me!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:37 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cmon guys lol on topic,

can some1 atleast tell me how to load up my map once iv plugged the usb into the fic from my laptop w/ program running, i can prob fig out when i get to my car im just here working eating poop till i can get out there
connect and then click on any one of the maps, it'll show up with data.

the resistor didn't work for me. my car still shows up with the crank snesor.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Misfires on AEM F/IC?

how does this work?
You solder a 2.2k ohm resister between the Cam1 MAGI- and Cam1 MAGI+ wires on the harness going into the F/IC.

This supposedly fixes the studdering/misfiring issues that happens on some TCs with the F/IC.