Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Help pleez

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:17 AM

Default Help pleez

Got the car tuned this weekend with the AEM FIC. Tuner told me to buy ngk one step colder plugs (7). Cool. I thought he was going to gap them or something. He just threw em on there.

Shortly afterwards, he says my camshaft position sensor is shooting a code. Changed it. He proceeded tuning it. After i left there it was fine.

Until the next day, as soon as i hit 65+ cruising on the highway, the car began to sputter/hesitate. I get off the highway and it kept sputtering (spit and fuel cutting while giving it gas).

It only happens after i go on the highway. The car does fine in the city. Idk what it is, but its driving me nuts.

Also, to start, it take about 6 cranks when its cold. If the car is hot, it takes about 30 secs of on and off cranking to get it to start.

Help!

Oh, my second o2 sensor is on the midpipe which is unplugged from the 3" down pipe.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's why the tuner needs to do a street shake down buddy. Bring it back. Shouldn't charge you at all either.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
That's why the tuner needs to do a street shake down buddy. Bring it back. Shouldn't charge you at all either.
+1

Definitely take her back. Also make sure he used a good vacuum source. Its recommended to hack into the brake booster line. I was having some sketchy idling and that solved my problem. Also I think most guys recommend a one step colder with between .025 and .030 gap for 10#s or less. Lastly make sure that you have the harness resistor modded. Search in the DIY section and you should be able to find it.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
+1

Definitely take her back. Also make sure he used a good vacuum source. Its recommended to hack into the brake booster line. I was having some sketchy idling and that solved my problem. Also I think most guys recommend a one step colder with between .025 and .030 gap for 10#s or less. Lastly make sure that you have the harness resistor modded. Search in the DIY section and you should be able to find it.
I am hacked into the brake booster. I bought the harness from sebby which had the mod already on there. I think the problem is within the tune and the spark. .25 and .30 gap for 10 or less? I didnt understand the 10 part.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

10#s is 10 pounds is 10 psi. Sorry. I am running one step colder JUST under .030" and then I recheck them every thousand miles for soot and gap. I do agree that you need a tune up though ;) See what I did there? lol
Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
10#s is 10 pounds is 10 psi. Sorry. I am running one step colder JUST under .030" and then I recheck them every thousand miles for soot and gap. I do agree that you need a tune up though ;) See what I did there? lol
Haha im running 10#s as well. The weird part is that i JUST got a tune and i need tune up. Im going to get a custom pipe to connect the 2nd oxygen sensor and cut off at the half point of the car. Ill talk to the tuner regarding the gap.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AHHHH Burgandy!!! Get it??? ####'s, as is POUNDS!!! I love it dude!

Hey guy, let us know what the tuner says and what the outcome is. Thanks.