Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Hey scionlifers!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hey scionlifers!!

Hey my project is coming along very fast hit acouple speed bumps on the way but for the most part its almost there. Well i don't believe in Scionlife curse and shyt because if its meant to happend it will. But heres the mods so far: Built bottom end, with custom pistons,carrillo rods, ACL race bearings, ARP headstuds,and GoldenEagle sleevs; TT 1.5vs turbo manifold, Fullrace Vacum Block, Custom re-turn full system with -6 feed, and aeromotive FPR, Walbro 255 in-tank, Walbro 255 In-line pump, 1200cc <--- I know there alil big but oh well, Auto Alliance fuel rail or something like that LOL; Pro-sport electronic gauges, Hydra EMS, with Wide band feature, and trying to set up the boost per-gear feature; 44mm tial wastegate and well heres the best part. DBB t66 turbo with .81 a/r with custom 3inch v-band downpipe and exhaust with HKS muffler. so as soon as i finish bolting it all on which is 3/4 the way done; I am going to schedule a tuning date with Jeff Evans in PA. So there it is all my mods hoping to make good numbers but most of all survive the dyno.

But hey Anyone looking to buy a AEM tru-boost controller Brand new in box $210 need to sell it so i can put money down on tune... PM if interested
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounding Good Mike! Thanks for supporting Auto Alliance by the way, that's one of my crew members.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty extensive build man. Good luck!

What do you plan on setting your rev limiter at? I know the T66 will work better in higher power bands.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i made a stupid mistake in not buildin up the head so i'm only going to take it to 7000rpms and since i'm using hydra i'm going to see about throwin some timing down low to spool it alil better. rock this setup this year then build head next. But thank you guys for the support. Yea travis the good'ol Kenny hooked me up on the turbo and a few other things too . And as for the rail it looks hawt but there might be some fit issues which i will let you guys know as progress is made.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well at least you can work on the head afterwards when you're ready to. Are you running an EGT gauge for your timing?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no not yet. Not totally sure on the whole timing down low yet. I'm letting the tuner do what he does best LOL not sure if you have heard of him. Jeff Evans. I figure he makes crazy power and TOrque on hondas i had to go to him LOL And this dude i've been talking to was running the same turbo but non BB on his srt4 and said the power band was good and i think he was only revin to 6500... And not 100% but wasn't Jeff on stock head still with the t67 cause he was waitin to install the head or something like that? I know he did saw he made like 400whp on 12psi so thats what got me hooked LOL
Old 04-24-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How much would you say the bottom end build cost you? Didn't see it mention, but are you considering a cometic head gasket? I was thinking of doing just the bottom end myself, but for the head, go ahead and get the studs, and cometic head gasket.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
How much would you say the bottom end build cost you? Didn't see it mention, but are you considering a cometic head gasket? I was thinking of doing just the bottom end myself, but for the head, go ahead and get the studs, and cometic head gasket.

LOL yea i've been built for like 2 years didn't have aftermarket head gaskets out when i did my build, But i had rods thrown my way from some cool and custom pistons were $475 from local engine builder, but me and my toyota tech put a good ol' coat of copper coat on the head gasket and used some ARP head studs that kenny sold me . I never said anything about built motor before because didn't have the funds to get the numbers that i wanted so now i do and now i'm finishing it. But building the bottom end doesn't cost to much but i went sleeved from GL and they cost $1000 shipped.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I'm going sleeved as well. I should have a bottom end by the end of summer.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohhhh dawg i've been teachin my gurl how to race SHE'S COMING FOR YOU!!! lol nah but she does know how to get it down the 1320.... we should all meet up someday....
Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Soon....Soon.

Good one pulling the Girl friend mod...thought that was my trick...lol.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Good work mike. Cant wait to see some numbers and videos!!