Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

i blow up my motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa whoa whoa, what is this "check valve" ?!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry guys about my bad english .
i didn't not have my boost gauge on , and i have the shop at my local put on my turbo kit so i dont know wat wrong with it .
Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i jack my car up i see the rod and the piston fell on the road . i will upload pic soon
Old 10-23-2006, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

And do i need the bov on my turbo kit ???? because the shop after they put on the turbo kit they said i dont need the bov . is that right or not ???
Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Technically, you don't REALLY have to have a BOV, but it's not great for the turbo and throttle component's longevity....

I'm quite sure that your issue lies with the tune/wiring/wastegate/fuel almost anything...
Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL That happened to me while I was in germany. Well I was driving my buddies car and he didnt believe in Oil being in his engine... I could fit my fist in the hole that was in the block... we mounted the connecting rod that shot out on a plack for him :-P
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ha! Maybe they forgot to put oil back in your car. That would be the simplest thing to pop a motor in 1 day. That or your wastegate actuator was trashed to start with and never opened and you boosted 20+ a couple of times
Old 10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I know I'm a noob when it comes to FI but if someone asks this question and just believed everything the shop says does that mean he prob. shouldn't have gotten turbo to begin with??? (not trying to be an **** just thinking maybe this wasn't the right thing for him)

Originally Posted by tc876
And do i need the bov on my turbo kit ???? because the shop after they put on the turbo kit they said i dont need the bov . is that right or not ???
Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

+1 for pics
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BigMURR
I know I'm a noob when it comes to FI but if someone asks this question and just believed everything the shop says does that mean he prob. shouldn't have gotten turbo to begin with??? (not trying to be an **** just thinking maybe this wasn't the right thing for him)
I would have to say either the shop forgot to refill his motor with oil after dropping the pan and fabbing the return, or this is just another rare rare freak occurance of wastegate diaphragm failure (internal). Here was an occurance that i ran accross, although on a civic d16, this guy also wasn't running a boost gauge and after HE threw a rod through his block he found that it of course was the wastegate actuator and God only knows how much boost he ran:

http://home.earthlink.net/~beanbooger/id3.html

/\/\ check it out.

Turbos are safe, if you know what you're doing
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tc876
When the engine isn't under load or throttle (shifting gears mainly) boost pressure has no where to go in the charge plumbing but back out through the compressor side of the turbo. This in turn slows down the turbine causing lag between gears. Bov's are designed to vent this pressure either atmospherically or back through the intake plumbing before the compressor side (bypass) depending on whether a bov or bpv is used. These keep the compressor from slowing down and instant boost between gears. One is NOT a nessesity, but sure cool as heck to have ......jk

The only downside to bov's are that air in the charge plumbing has been accounted for by the maf. When it's vented it causes a brief extremely rich condition.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Dang, what is this blown motor week....
Old 10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dont build up the block, save your money up and go spend it on an English tutor and learn the language a little better.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
dont build up the block, save your money up and go spend it on an English tutor and learn the language a little better.
That was a little harsh dog..
Old 10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Yeah no kidding but that seems to be how a lot of ppl are on here, instead of trying to help the person they crack on them or crack on the company that built the product.

Hey tc876 Rythmn and I are from Nashville and if there is anything you need help with let us know I am sure we could make a road trip. Pretty sure we are not going to be able to help fix a hole in the block, but if you need anything else.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^its good to know people here are willing to help, not like others that waste a post or two by insulting people..

also, i have the greddy kit so i may be able to help, if you post some pictures that may be of some help.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jester28
Yeah no kidding but that seems to be how a lot of ppl are on here, instead of trying to help the person they crack on them or crack on the company that built the product.

Hey tc876 Rythmn and I are from Nashville and if there is anything you need help with let us know I am sure we could make a road trip. Pretty sure we are not going to be able to help fix a hole in the block, but if you need anything else.
ROAD TRIP!!! YEAH!!...lol. I wouldn't mind getting away for a bit, and helping a guy in need makes it even better. tc876, for a small fee you can rent a truck from Hertz, a car dolly from Uhaul, and tow the poor baby up to ZPI in KY. Brian and I would not mind driving with you to keep company. I can not imagine you having to many reputable shops in Memphis, so take it somewhere where you KNOW they know what they are doing.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

tc876 I talked to the guys at ZPI just a minute ago, please dont think I am trying to push you toward a certain company as I know this has caused many problems on here in the past, anyway I contacted them because the stock motor is coming out of my car, and only has 9k miles on it. I am doing a built motor to handle higher boost and horsepower numbers, so I talked to them to see what they were going to do with my old motor and they are going to get back to me. Thought I would at least pass this along just to give you a few more options, I will keep you posted on what I find.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ohh i forgot ive never helped anyone on this site before...and i also seemed to forget how much you have contributed to this site as well with your vast knowledge
Old 10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

ohh i forgot ive never helped anyone on this site before...and i also seemed to forget how much you have contributed to this site as well with your vast knowledge

Thank you for proving my point, but can we please keep this on topic.

Quick Reply: i blow up my motor