Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

i blow up my motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok.. some of the remarks are pretty insulting, but have some validity. One should take time to communicate clearly, especially if they want to obtain good help. And the other, about needing to know how the system works before going with boost.. I totally agree with. And I dont mean it in a bad way, but if you are going to start slapping serious mods on your car, you should learn how everything works together or you are just asking for trouble. When you start boosting/building a car and driving it hard, you WILL break things more often. And you wont be making good decisions about what to do and what to buy unless you know what you are talking about. And 90% of the "tuner" shops ou there know what they read in the lates import tuner rag.. which is junk knowledge a lot of the time. Please understand, I am not bashing Dezod at all, I feel they are a great company. My point is that if you go out trusting the shops word with no knowledge under your belt, some shops will either rip you off or screw up your car.

So try to take some time to learn what is going on under the hood so you can make some good decisions. That is not in any way meant as bashing you, just some good solid advice that will help you down the road, and hopefully before you build it back up again.

I would guess that you had the wastegate issue, but it is nearly impossible to tell without more info. If it were an issue of them not filling up your oilpan, you would have had one valve-clattering noisey engine right afterward. It would most likely have siezed before throwing a rod through the block unless you took it straight out and hammered it when they were done. You also would have had an oil light on the gauge cluster illuminated. If they only half filled the oil.. then maybe, but I dont think the issue would have shown its face in this manner.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^As always, thanks for your input!

John
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Check Valve

Originally Posted by mike6789k
whoa whoa whoa, what is this "check valve" ?!
Ok, there is a one-way check valve that came in with the greddy kit. It is a valve that allows air to blow through one way and not the other. There are no instructions in the greddy kit for this part, but I had mine put in between the brake booster vacuum line after the booster and before the tee for my wastegate actuator. Make sure the aiflow is going out from the booster. If I am right, I think this valve blocks the excess air sometimes produced by boost from entering your brake booster so your booster wont blow. A turbo car without brakes would make a pretty nice impact into a wall!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take some english classes first, and then maybe you'll know that greddy does advertise their kit to run at 20psi... lol

were you even using a boost gauge?

LOL!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

edit

Last edited by miamiBASS; 04-26-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyway thanks rhythmnsmoke , Jester28 and somebody try to help me out , beter than some one try to talk sh*t .
Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anybody have picture of greddy turbo kits?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't you since you have one??? And if you're looking for a particular part please tell us... You make it next to impossible to help you with your extremely vague requests and minimal input as to what you're looking for.

I'm not being mean but i'm tellint you that there's over 20 working pieces of a "kit" so please be specific as to what section you are looking for...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are you concerned about? I can most likely answer. Just assembled my turbo kit and a few steps away from install.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member

for the people that are deciding to get the greddy kit. i suggest that u do it. but have it tuned. and yes i have a greddy kit and it runs perfect after having it pretuned by my friend. ive had it on for about 5 months now and so far not a single problem.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

NO turbo kit should be installed without a tune.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IceNine... what is that even supposed to mean... you do realize that if you install a turbo on a tc, the tune doesnt even take effect until the pedal is on the floor... so you can drive around normally (even punch it a little) without ANY management...
Old 10-25-2006, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.

OK so, first I have to ask - What do you know about Closed-loop control architectures?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
Wow.

OK so, first I have to ask - What do you know about Closed-loop control architectures?
alot.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so a closed-loop controller uses feedback to control states of a dynamical system. the name comes from the information path in the system... for example process inputs such as voltage applied to a motor have an effect on the process outputs the velocity of the motor, which is measured with sensors and processed by the controller, this result is used as input to the process, closing the LOOP. :tard:
Old 10-25-2006, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That's.... profound, but says nothing. explain what you understand about closed-loop, since your whole WOT argument rests on it (which, believe me, your explanation will be funny to say the least.)
Old 10-25-2006, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

so a closed-loop controller uses feedback to control states of a dynamical system. the name comes from the information path in the system... for example process inputs such as voltage applied to a motor have an effect on the process outputs the velocity of the motor, which is measured with sensors and processed by the controller, this result is used as input to the process, closing the LOOP. :tard:
EXCELLENT! You can paste from Wikipedia.... now explain how it really works. Because your statement about WOT puts you in the tarpit of people who don't have a clue.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
That's.... profound, but says nothing. explain what you understand about closed-loop, since your whole WOT argument rests on it (which, believe me, your explanation will be funny to say the least.)
closed-loop means that some controller is acting on something while reading that something's state and adjusting its own control to keep that something in a certain state...

dumb enough for you yet?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hahaha
Old 10-25-2006, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a nice chat with IceNine -

Karl Weckstrom: ok, and you're under the impression that this is only handled at WOT by a piggyback?
Mike 6789 K: yes
Mike 6789 K: that is what i have been told and that is what is generally agreed on in the toyota community
Karl Weckstrom: (which wouldn't explain the FIVE fuel maps you need to modify for a piggyback... in fact, tell me what maps they are)
Mike 6789 K: five?!
Karl Weckstrom: Yes. FIVE.

Karl Weckstrom: um, no
Mike 6789 K: explain
Karl Weckstrom: fuel maps are independent of rpm ranges.
Karl Weckstrom: there's climate considerations.
Karl Weckstrom: you should know this.
Mike 6789 K: eeeh
Karl Weckstrom: ok then :-)
Karl Weckstrom: the dude with a turbo kit needs a ____ing tuen.
Karl Weckstrom: tune even
Mike 6789 K: hold on
Mike 6789 K: you didnt list 5
Mike 6789 K: thats why im confused
Karl Weckstrom: you don't understand tuning, let's leave it at that :-)
Mike 6789 K: no, you are just dodging your own question here
Mike 6789 K: i do understand tuning
Karl Weckstrom: no, you don't.
Mike 6789 K: at least the basic concept
Karl Weckstrom: you cannot even tell me the five BASIC maps required for tuning :-)
Mike 6789 K: you adjust how much fuel is injected into the engine based on maf sensor values and rpm...
Mike 6789 K: you cannot even tell me!
Karl Weckstrom: oy.
Karl Weckstrom: unbelievable.
Mike 6789 K: bahaha, you can throw retarded single word lines at me all you want, but you still havent answered a simple question!

damn... poor guy

Quick Reply: i blow up my motor