Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

If I add a supercharger, then I will keep up with a Si?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Originally Posted by jrodTc
I already use premium fuel for my car, so that's not an issue.
You do realize your wasting ur money by using premium in the tC? For none FI, 87 is fine. Also, if you want to check out a couple boosted tC's, come to one of our meets we have here in LA. Go to the pacific south thread and look for the "official 310/323 meet" thread.
I'm willing to shell out an extra 4 bucks for better fuel.

Are you telling me using 87 fuel vs 91 fuel does not make ANY DIFFERENCE whatsoever? It's not better for the engine, there no point...etc...?
Yes, thats what i'm saying. The cars are designed to run on 87.
Aight...thanks for the info...

I was always under the impression that using premium fuel is better for the engine...burns cleaner.
from what i've heard/found, putting premium in a car designed for regular does nothing. recommened octane ratings are more about your fuel tuning with the ECU than for engine health. F/I tC's need the higher octane to take advantage of the bigger power potential, which is why they are tuned to run on it, but stock to mildly modified N/A tC's will see practically no difference. on the other hand, it is not smart at all to run a car on regular fuel if it was designed for premium.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
I already use premium fuel for my car, so that's not an issue.
You do realize your wasting ur money by using premium in the tC? For none FI, 87 is fine. Also, if you want to check out a couple boosted tC's, come to one of our meets we have here in LA. Go to the pacific south thread and look for the "official 310/323 meet" thread.
I'm willing to shell out an extra 4 bucks for better fuel.

Are you telling me using 87 fuel vs 91 fuel does not make ANY DIFFERENCE whatsoever? It's not better for the engine, there no point...etc...?
Yes, thats what i'm saying. The cars are designed to run on 87.
Aight...thanks for the info...

I was always under the impression that using premium fuel is better for the engine...burns cleaner.
from what i've heard/found, putting premium in a car designed for regular does nothing. recommened octane ratings are more about your fuel tuning with the ECU than for engine health. F/I tC's need the higher octane to take advantage of the bigger power potential, which is why they are tuned to run on it, but stock to mildly modified N/A tC's will see practically no difference. on the other hand, it is not smart at all to run a car on regular fuel if it was designed for premium.
Aight...I guess I'll be using 87 octane from now on...unless the day comes I do FI.