Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

im missing parts from my s/c what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default im missing parts from my s/c what should i do

ok so i went to toyota today to ask them for the install and the guy told me i was missing parts such as the oil pan fuel lines some vaccume hoses and other things..i tried to call the guy who sold me the kit and hes being shady. he shut off his phone and isnt on aim nomore...i paid thru paypal so what should i do?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

That sucks, what parts are you missing I have a few parts left from my kit.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im pretty sure TRD sparks will also get them for you, just need the part numbers
Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah thats how I pieced together what I was missing, the killer is the $100 crank bolt you need I hope you got it from he guy.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Here are all the part numbers for the S/C kit

http://www.superchargedscions.com/Su...t_Numbers.html
Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this is what he gave me....what do i need because he told me that i can use my stock oil pan or something and he sed the oil feed line i can use the stock? or something like that and for the oil pan i can weld something onto it also i think im missing the ecm map module(what do i do about that) if you guys think im miss some other stuff please let me know

Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

I would buy a oil pan the hard line oil return doesn't have any play in it so if get yours welded it would have to line up perfectly. Also just so you know the oil return line for the s/c is 1/2" I belive a -8 and the standard oil return for a turbo is -10 3/4"

It looks like he didn't give you the bottom part of the airbox either. As for the ecu if he didn't give it to you, then you have to get a flash tool which is a one shot deal so if he gave you the flash tool that came with the kit then chances are it won't work because he has already used it.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Also with the ECU reflash module.. if that is missing.. it is esential for final installation of the supercharger for the 06 tC.. my kit was missing that.. surprisingly the only thing missing from the kit.. I got lucky though.. the kit was won at a car show.. i contacted corporate that donated the S/C and they authorized the dealer to order the Reflash module and they would pay for it..

The 100 buck crank bolt is nothing compared to the 400 bucks for the ECU reflash module... And it is vin coded once it is used, so the seller cannot just give you the one he originally had.. I had a friend that had one installed and had him rush his module to the dealer.. dealer tried it.. didn't work.. found out from TRD that is can only be used on the car it was coded to or something like that.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:03 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well the guy told me that i dont need the reflash cuz i have the 12 psi pulley and hes giving me the ecm map module and he said to just get it tuned
Old 09-28-2008, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

unless your gonna run a ECu piggyback.. you will need it with the superchager.. with out the reflash your tc will run bad.. the computer will try to dump too much fuel because of the extra forced air that it is receiving and you will have denotation.... just because you have the 12psi pulley you can run without the reflash.. they guy doesnt know what he is talking about
Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well i ahve the aem f/ic so he told me i should be good with a good tune
Old 09-28-2008, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am the one that sold him the supercharger kit! and i told him a few parts were gonna miss unless he sends me his parts to swap out i sent him the map module and the cps extension wire also the onl thing he didnt get is the oil pan, vacuum hoses (5 bucks at auto parts store) the thermostat and the radiator hose which like i said i would give him oh and my ecu! but then again the reflash wont mean crap cause he has the AEM so he will tune it off with that since i gave him te 12psi pulley. and the crank bolt? for what? that bolt wont stop the supercharger from working to be honest i think that bolt ws a waste. but like i told him sends me his stock parts that is missing and i will send him mines i have no problem on that. and as for the stock airbow of the trd kit he said he didnt want it cause hes gonna use his intake. and as far as the oil pan you can tap into that with no problem at all. like i told him there is no need to take it to the dealer cause they are gonna over price badly. it took me about an hour or so to take off the supercharger its just 2 bolts by the starter for the supercharger bracket and 3 bolts by the pulley side and thats all and connect the charge pipes and do the oil lines. but whatever and as far as tuning you can tune it with the AEM no need for reflash.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ dealt with this guy before he is good person to deal with.
got my BPV like we dealt.
crank bolt is for what actually ?
what is his function in the supercharger kit ? cause in my opinion crank is wayyy far from the supercharger.
i guess it doesn't stop the charger from working, maybe i am wrong.
hope everything works out man.
you can always contact TRD sparks, good customer service.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM
SL Member

Default ECU Module

ECU re flash module? What is that? Is there a way to tell if your ECU was reflashed or not ffor the SC? Do they mark the ECU? Put a sticker on it? Part #? Anything?

Or do I have to take it to a dealer and ask?

Thanks, J~
Old 09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

your going to need the mounting bolts too. The previous owner also said its going to need a rebuild, so message me and we can get something set up for you.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
what is his function in the supercharger kit ? cause in my opinion crank is wayyy far from the supercharger.
thanks for that. (kikcaffine) he has the mounting bolts, the belt, the oil lines, the turbo xs BPV, pretty much everything to install and run except the reflash but once again he has AEM to tune it with. the dealer is just trying to give him the run around so they can rack up the price of the install cause its pretty much assembled already and wants to make it seem like its gonna be a long process. but anyways like i told the guy he should do it himself. all it is its 2 bolts on the charger side of the bracket which you would have to take out the start for those bolts then 3 bolts to mount the supercharger on the bracket then 2 or 3 bolts on the pulley side and then the charger pipes clamp them and put the belt on and WALLA! DONE! the only think i had a problem with was take off the belt that thing was tight as hell and i thought i was gonna break the tensioner bolt AGAIN lol. and that tensioner was no joke to replace lol. all i did was take out the slip pulley off and it was much easier. and pretty much it take it to get tuned and have fun!
Old 09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: ECU Module

Originally Posted by Jacque766
ECU re flash module? What is that? Is there a way to tell if your ECU was reflashed or not ffor the SC? Do they mark the ECU? Put a sticker on it? Part #? Anything?

Or do I have to take it to a dealer and ask?

Thanks, J~
on thesupercharger install instructions it says to put the decal that came with the kit on the ecu. but they didnt do it to me cause my decal was still in the box of the module.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCFROEZEL
so how did you like the BPV? you tired of the SWOOSH yet lol?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ nahh man i am gonna install the charger this weekend if my PLUGS come in. LOL
couldn't find any around here so i had some friend in the states bring me 8 Plugs.
i don't think i will get tired of that woosh... LOL it's just what i want.
HEHEHE
Old 09-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned
SL Member

The crank bolt is for the extra stress that running a belt to the compressor causes, if it wasn't needed trd wouldn't have included it in the kit. If the stock crank bolt breaks off in the crank shaft you would have a very big problem to deal with.

Quick Reply: im missing parts from my s/c what should i do