Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Just looking for some Forced Induction guidance...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just looking for some Forced Induction guidance...

Im Tryin to get my tc back in shape iv kinda put it on the back burner for awhile now after having the bottom end rebuilt...but now with the christmas spirit and extra cash layin around im hoping to get it finished up (motor-wise) by spring time and hopefully have it dynoing as close to 300whp as my turbo will allow....1st off heres what iv already done......

bottom end rebuild
greddy turbo kit
2 1/2" straight pipe exhaust
turbo xs manual boost controller
ingalls torque damper
clutchmaster stage 3 clutch w/fidanza lightweight flywheel
short shifter
boost gauge and aem a/f ratio gauge

....i believe thats as far as iv gottin and since the rebuild im only runnin 6.5psi...iv yet to get it re tuned bc of wanting to have all the lil accessory parts took care of 1st....heres wat iv been lookin at and im askin for advise or opinions as for wat i should look into or stay away from..ect ect...

ngk 1 stage colder spark plugs
oil catch can
oil press/fuel press gauges
braided clutch and brake lines
upgraded brake rotors and pads
lightweight crank pulley

i also have a crack in my oil return hose that i need to fix along with my engine harness has a short somewere close to my #3 injector that im guessing ill have to fix by gettin a whole new harness....
if theres anything im missing not thinking of or something,, any feedback would be appreciated!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well it looks like you got things handled, may i suggest getting some motor mounts from Dezod....they are pretty cheap $44.00 (sumthing like that) and from what others have said they own the ingalls. Other than that i cant really think of anything els you would really need.

good luck and happy boosting
Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dude-

You're most likely going to want to get some bigger injectors, maybe a fuel pump. Also I couldn't agree more, get good motor mounts. They make a world of a difference.

Since you have the built bottom end you can't go wrong with just upgrading you entire fuel system to a return setup. I did it to mine so I could help you out with it, very easy.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Motor mounts definitely help!

Bigger injectors definitely.

I'd say if you plan on getting a lot more than 300whp, i'd say might as well do a return style fuel system.

To allow for fine tuning of the fuel and don't want variations in fuel pressure to mess anything up ^^

Other than that i'd say your good to go.

Might consider a mishimoto radiator to keep temps down as well.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as the motor mounts go is there any brand that i should stay away from??...and i dont think i will be able to get anything over 300...if even 300whp from the turbo that im running and im not really wanting to get into changing it out at least not yet...but thanks for the tips...im ready to start ordering stuff im just wanting to order the necessary things 1st...lol
Old 12-22-2008, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scotty
As far as the motor mounts go is there any brand that i should stay away from??...and i dont think i will be able to get anything over 300...if even 300whp from the turbo that im running and im not really wanting to get into changing it out at least not yet...but thanks for the tips...im ready to start ordering stuff im just wanting to order the necessary things 1st...lol
Well there are a couple out.

I got mine from speed-source.net, for front and rear mounts.
It comes with polyurethane inserted already in its own brackets, so no need for the stock ones at all.

Energy Suspension good quality. Cheaper price, but you have to reuse your stock brackets and drill/saw the stock inserts out, so you can inset the sexy new ES. Oh this one comes with front, rear, and one side mount.

And there is this new one.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...623&highlight=
Old 12-22-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice so that new one by GGP is just a side mount??...yea i was lookin at the ES they arent bad price wise...
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I assume you already had the Greddy kit? That kit is not designed for a built motor and is very small turbo. Not really made to run bigger flow numbers that you can run with a built bottom end. Just a thought. Definitely agree with motor mounts from one of our vendors. Got mine from Car Candy. The back one is MUCH easier to do with the motor out. Fuel system will need updating. I ran stock fuel pump for a year or maybe longer but lately it does seem to be losing pressure up top. I'm still figuring out why. Might be the pump is just tired. Granted I'm running 360 WHP on a daily basis with 800cc injectors. Keep in mind running a full return setup can get costly with the fuel rail, regulator, pump, fittings, etc. . . .
I use Fuelab regulators. Nicer and cheaper than the aeromotive plus come in a variety of colors. Oh and a set of cams is always a BIG different in power if you have the motor apart still. HIGHLY recommended for anyone building their motor.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im was running the greddy kit on stock internals at 8.5psi...and i bent a piston...so i had a semi-local shop put the forged pistons and rods in and do acpl other lil things, i asked about the cams but they had everything put back together and in the car before the 1st set became available so i missed out on that....i am looking into the motor mounts and maybe doin a set of 700cc injectors, along with a oil catch can, and from what iv understood that would have me finally ready to get a decent tune, i have roughly $1500 in hand to spend on getting this thing running rite but i still have a oil leak and a short in the engine harness i have to work on getting fix...i kno that with the turbo setup that im running big boost numbers are impossible without changing up the turbo and wastegate and all, i would just be happy to make as close to 300whp as i can and still have a reliable daily driver...
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

A local guy with forged rods/pistons, stock sleeves, stock cylinder head, is making about 400whp, he didn't want to boost any higher.

Another guy in puerto rico is at 500 I think >.<!!