Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Most Powerful Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do a little research, a MBC is safer hence why everyone who runs a lot of boost uses one. MBC is coming for me, not to far away!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty

Honestly, with you being in colorado (higher elevation) you probably wont' get 300hp at 10psi, so yeah, a good tune and you should be good.
I just think it would be beneficial to have the OPTION of lower boost just incase something is not running right at the higher boost level.
exactly...what happens if something goes wrong with the tune, your stuck running @ 10 psi and have no way to lower it...bad move
Old 06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
ohh yea, also, you may wanna start with a smaller wg spring like everyone else is telling you. You can always turn the boost up with a smaller spring, cant go backwards though...just some food for thought
If Dezod`s kit comes with a .7 BAR spring, then it should be ok. I really want 10 PSI, but will it be ok if I do great tuning on it??
have you replaced your clutch yet? Tuning is tricky, id go to someone that is extremely familiar with the ultimate and tuning tC's. How are you gonna tune the vehicle? Based off greddy pressure sensor?
I haven`t even gotten the kit yet and I did order the clutch and GReddy Pressure Sensor too. So, yea. How much WHP do you think I`ll get with 10PSI?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ohh yea, also, you may wanna start with a smaller wg spring like everyone else is telling you. You can always turn the boost up with a smaller spring, cant go backwards though...just some food for thought
If Dezod`s kit comes with a .7 BAR spring, then it should be ok. I really want 10 PSI, but will it be ok if I do great tuning on it??
have you replaced your clutch yet? Tuning is tricky, id go to someone that is extremely familiar with the ultimate and tuning tC's. How are you gonna tune the vehicle? Based off greddy pressure sensor?
I haven`t even gotten the kit yet and I did order the clutch and GReddy Pressure Sensor too. So, yea. How much WHP do you think I`ll get with 10PSI?
a
id say anywhere from 270-290 depending on how aggressive the tune is...also, if i were you id go and get your car dynod right now before you install the kit so at least you have a baseline and you can really see what your gaining from the kit. Dyno's all read differently so its a bad starting point to just dyno and have those numbers from the turbo install without anything to compare it too...if your gonna do that also make sure you are running on the same dyno before and after
Old 06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a
id say anywhere from 270-290 depending on how aggressive the tune is...also, if i were you id go and get your car dynod right now before you install the kit so at least you have a baseline and you can really see what your gaining from the kit. Dyno's all read differently so its a bad starting point to just dyno and have those numbers from the turbo install without anything to compare it too...if your gonna do that also make sure you are running on the same dyno before and after
Ok, I`ll for sure do that. A friend said I have to lower the compression if I up the boost, so all I need is a thicker head gasket and I can go to 10PSI safely?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, upping the boost to high (hight then 10 I think) will blow you pistons and snap your rods.
I dont' think a thicker head gasket is a safe way to lower yoru compression. I believe that has been discussed before.

If you want safety, or to really up the boost, get rods, bearings and low compression pistons designed for boost. Dezod has all that. Parts plus installs should probably run around $2k, but don't quote me on that.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a
Ok, I`ll for sure do that. A friend said I have to lower the compression if I up the boost, so all I need is a thicker head gasket and I can go to 10PSI safely?

dude ive been running 10psi for over a year and a half. its fine.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
Dude, you realize you just jinxed your self. LOL
Old 06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can run higher boost levels than 10psi, just depends on a few things.

1. What turbo

2. How good your tune is.

I have a few cars running anywhere between 11-14psi on stock motors making 360-392whp respectively in the hot arizona summer with out any issues. And the cars get beat to death on a daily basis.

But all the owners realize what could happen. Plus they all want an excuse to build there motors anyways.

have fun

regards-

Todd
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? I didn`t know you could. People are telling me that basically 10PSI = DEATH
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
You can run higher boost levels than 10psi, just depends on a few things.

1. What turbo

2. How good your tune is.

I have a few cars running anywhere between 11-14psi on stock motors making 360-392whp respectively in the hot arizona summer with out any issues. And the cars get beat to death on a daily basis.

But all the owners realize what could happen. Plus they all want an excuse to build there motors anyways.

have fun

regards-

Todd
Are you serious? I would love to get to 325 WHP, but it puts the motor under soooo much stress. I would love to have 10 PSI, but I'm scared to suffer the consquences.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
WHAT! You needd to tell those guys to post up on Scion life!!!
Your making me want to get ballzy with my setup!