Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Official Dezod Turbo thread:12/21 - Long-term and new parts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:16 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i envy your job man
Old 07-21-2006, 01:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

are you able to make any boost simply by reving up under no load? On my civic with the t25, i had to almost redline to make close to an ounce of boost just to get a faint sound out of the bov.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:37 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ ?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Isn't 5 grand for just a turbo kit alot?

I am guessing you included other goodies into your list?
lol
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our turbo kit is $4275. 5k would be throwin in a clutch with some other misc upgrades.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

5G's is for the turbo kit with some options and gauges and AEM UEGO, and a TT.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do ya say we kick it a nickel?

sorry had to quote 2 fast 2 furious....

back on topic ..
Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Page 40.....holy shhhhhhhhhhh
Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG talk about bump! I gotta look into this tomorrow night and make some crazy updates haha
Old 11-10-2006, 06:16 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ That's what i was hoping for :D
Old 11-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

This thread was bumped!!! Wow!

I was out of commission yesterday and spent the entire day loopy because of the meds I was on for pain.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what happend with that update?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

em... after 50 pages I see this thread... NOW! so.... watching. But I'm not reading everything! Just the start and this page. :D
Old 11-18-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
OMG talk about bump! I gotta look into this tomorrow night and make some crazy updates haha
its a week later and were is the update !?!?!?!?????
Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MAJOR UPDATE - 1 YR LATER haha..

Since our initial release, we have updated, added, and altered the following:

Overall turbo kit line:
We've sold a lot of turbo kits, with different parts and accessories to compliment them. Changes include the switch from TiAL BOV's to the HKS SSQV. We also altered our emanage tunes. Fuel injectors have been switch to a full PnP making this kit wire-splice free! The main turbo kit is still the same though. The same turbo is being used, same pipes, same exhaust system, etc. We made numbers ranging from as low as 229whp (Automatic at 5psi) to over 300whp on a stock 5-speed. Built motors are making much more. The new turbo kit line keeps the S1, but now adds the TEA as an option. Here's something about our TEA kit...

The TEA Kit Story:
Paul called me, and wanted to try something new. It was the beginning of our stage 2. Being in love with boost, I couldn't resist. So we set out a goal for a future HP/TQ, and took into account the engine build to be. A turbo was selected, and we tested it. The results were impressive. The powerband felt more linear (although more lag) and the top end power band was definately improved. We knew this kid could be released to the public. So after more testing, and developing of our kit, we decided it was ready. The TEA kit was born and is now making some of the highest numbers of many bolt-on kits to this day. With this kit you will get a heat sheild, our PnP harness comes standard, and the additional "black box", to be discussed soon.

The internals:
Stock motor for life? To some yes. To us no. Granted I'm still running the stock motor, we've been spending quite some time designing what's known as a "dream motor". Power delivery is important, but so is throttle response and longevity. The perfect motor will be all of this. We've been choosing each piece very carefully. We're still not done with all of the components we're using yet, never mind the build itself. We have been selling the Wiseco pistons, Carillo a-beam and h-beam rods already. This is just a taste of what's to come. We've been playing with different CRs, cam profiles, valve diameters, and even engine materials (Ti vs steel). Everything's being taken into account, including price. When the motor goes public in the upcoming months, I see many people wanting to buy this package.

The electronics:
Why settle? We sure wont! We have been running with the Greddy Emanage since day 1. After almost a year of selling our kits with these units reliably, we started looking into more alternatives. The first task was to fix the daily driver scare of lean AFR’s under partial throttle (a.k.a. <80%, closed loop). We did it! With release of our black box, you can now tune your partial throttle fuel curves. The end result is a very reliable, very streetable turbo car. We offer a pre-tune to get you going. 4 wires later, you’re ready to go. But why stop there? Why not go for the ultimate? The ultimate is a stand-alone. With two-step rev limiting, custom maps, and total control, you can’t go wrong. We’ve been debating on which system to go with for a while and two units we’ve been fabricating and testing. We have an ETA of LATE winter/early spring. Stay tuned for more updates in that matter down the road.

Overall… We’re happy with our products so far. We have a fast turn-time, reliable products, and great performers. We’ve been catering to suspensions, brakes, and other areas as well. I think it’s helped us and the customer, being able to offer everything in one location. The stock motor on my car has been boosted for 1yr and 2 months, with being driven from no tune to fully tuned and 11psi, it’s been through everything. We’ve used different gas types, different climate, and different driving conditions. She still drives strong and will be a running motor when we replace it with the built one.

If you guys have questions let me know! I know it’s been a while!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So you'll be coming out with a fully built motor soon, capable of handling at least 500+whp? Any plans on coming out with products to help handle the traction problems with all this power? Looking good and I'll be keeping a close eye on the new motors. :D
Old 12-22-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes the motor is being built for +500whp applications. Increased redline, lightened internals.

We will also be doing more transmission upgrades (for 5-speeds), along with cooling upgrades (I.E. - radiator).

Many new parts will be coming out.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe, you said a package would be availible. Does this mean Dezod will sell all these components together at a discounted price or even better, offer an engine package like ZPI. It would be nice to buy a fully built block ready for boost. I don't have the experience for such a project nor do I trust anyone that has never seen the inside of a 2AZ motor to do a build. I've been looking into the distent future with plans of picking up one of ZPI's motors. I guess I'm getting in over my head with such talk, I don't even have the turbo to bolt on yet. Although the time to order is finally here. Anyways, thanks for hearing me out.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We will be offering full packages. A possible core exchange discount may be offered as well depending on the demand of the motors.

Keep in mind we're a custom based company. We build you a motor to your specs, we don't have a "1 package for all" engine. Everyone has different HP goals, different budgets, and different racing needs. We can cater to all of those needs.

Quick Reply: Official Dezod Turbo thread:12/21 - Long-term and new parts!