Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Officially boosted on 8.30.13

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Haha nice plates and an even nicer tC!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionology
Haha nice plates and an even nicer tC!
Thanks, I appreciate it!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanna know what.kind of numbers you make with that kit. Get a tune already!! Lol. Do you have anything else done like clutch or flywheel? Got wider tires too or just sporting stock size?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4 using Tapatalk 2.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jonny5ive
I wanna know what.kind of numbers you make with that kit. Get a tune already!! Lol. Do you have anything else done like clutch or flywheel? Got wider tires too or just sporting stock size?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4 using Tapatalk 2.
Trust me, so do I. They're going to be a little off from the standard Turbonetics kit since i'm running a bigger turbo, but I'm only going to be pushing 7-8 psi. As far as wheels and tires go, I currently have two different sets. I have a daily set for looks which are 17x9 +28 and then I also have a lightweight set of 5zigens that are 17x8. I don't have any tires on the 5zigens yet, but hopefuly they'll be matched up with a nice set of 235 or 245 series tires soon. The transmission is stock for now, but within the next six months I'd like a new clutch, flywheel, and lsd.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

man, I haven't been here in a while. Nice to see 1st gen tCs getting some turbo love. Good luck with the numbers, eventually you will need the clutch, but not totally necessary right off the bat. It's very convenient to do it at first to keep from having to remove stuff again. Make sure you get a leak test done before you dyno the car and take a brand new set of one step colder plugs with you for the tuning.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Carlanga
man, I haven't been here in a while. Nice to see 1st gen tCs getting some turbo love. Good luck with the numbers, eventually you will need the clutch, but not totally necessary right off the bat. It's very convenient to do it at first to keep from having to remove stuff again. Make sure you get a leak test done before you dyno the car and take a brand new set of one step colder plugs with you for the tuning.
I just installed a new set of 1 step colder plugs, are you saying I should bring another set just in case? Thanks for the tips
Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yes, it's a good idea to have a spare set.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by alentz627
I just installed a new set of 1 step colder plugs, are you saying I should bring another set just in case? Thanks for the tips
Are you going to be DDing this car or tracking it? I was told that colder plugs will foul faster if you spend most of the time in partial throttle so I went with a set of stock heat range plugs.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
Are you going to be DDing this car or tracking it? I was told that colder plugs will foul faster if you spend most of the time in partial throttle so I went with a set of stock heat range plugs.
I plan on daily driving it. I've never heard that about plugs one step colder, but I guess we'll see. There's going to be a lot of trail and error involved here.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:44 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
i ran about a year on 2 step colder iridium plugs on gas and 12psi max, one year on 2 step colder iridium on E85 and 9psi max, nearly another one on 1 step colder copper on E85 and 9psi max and this year on 1 step colder iridium on E85 and 12psi max. Haven't had one fouled plug or flame out on the iridium while on E85.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill have to pick up a set next spring then! E85 is almost everywhere here in MI. I look forward to seeing what it can do
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
SL Member

Got the car back from the tuner today and everything seems great. The car idles almost like stock and pulls fairly hard. The only thing that I saw which concerns me is the oil pressure is sitting right around 10psi during hot idle. I searched around and found that as long as you have 10psi per 1000 rpm you're ok, but this just seems pretty low to me. The car is running great though and it's not ticking/knocking so I'm not overly concerned. I suspect it might also be partly the cheap glow shift electric gauge that's reading low. Anyways, the car made just over 250hp at 7psi and so far I'm pretty happy with the way everything is going.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got the car back from the tuner today and everything seems great. The car idles almost like stock and pulls fairly hard. The only thing that I saw which concerns me is the oil pressure is sitting right around 10psi during hot idle. I searched around and found that as long as you have 10psi per 1000 rpm you're ok, but this just seems pretty low to me. The car is running great though and it's not ticking/knocking so I'm not overly concerned. I suspect it might also be partly the cheap glow shift electric gauge that's reading low. Anyways, the car made just over 250hp at 7psi and so far I'm pretty happy with the way everything is going.
There's a couple factors that play into the psi reading for oil but I have glowshift gauges too and 10 psi is actually just right in my opinion. I actually use to be around 7-8 at idle with my first turbo kit when it was at operating temp.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
There's a couple factors that play into the psi reading for oil but I have glowshift gauges too and 10 psi is actually just right in my opinion. I actually use to be around 7-8 at idle with my first turbo kit when it was at operating temp.
Really? Ok that makes me feel a lot better. It didn't help that the warning light on the gauge was set for 20psi so when I saw it going off I got a little worried. I guess I'm use to factory oil pressure gauges that always seem to stay dead center. Thanks for this
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lets see a dyno sheet!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 PM
SL Member

I'll have it up as soon as they email it to me
Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 PM
SL Member

Still waiting on the shop to email the dyno graph over to me, but I might give them a call today to see why I haven't gotten it yet. I had the car out most of last night, and I'm actually pleasantly surprised with how hard it pulls from 2nd. Let me just say that I surprised the heck out of a mk6 GTI..but I won't get too much into that here. I'm getting a little bit of a harsh rpm bounce when coming to a stop, but from what I can tell that's fairly normal for the FIC. It's nothing crazy but just a little bit of an annoyance. Everything else is still great though!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM
SL Member

Whenever the car is cold I seem to be getting a stumble upon acceleration on anything over 2.5k rpm. I'm currently using the AEM harness that came with the FIC. Would this be the stumble that's referenced here?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154729

If so, will a new boomslang harness fix the issue? I hear those already have the resistors built in. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Whenever the car is cold I seem to be getting a stumble upon acceleration on anything over 2.5k rpm. I'm currently using the AEM harness that came with the FIC. Would this be the stumble that's referenced here?

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154729

If so, will a new boomslang harness fix the issue? I hear those already have the resistors built in. Thanks!
What firmware is the FIC on?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you stumble every time you get over 2.5k? I got my car back Friday and she stumbled a few times under partial throttle, partial boost, and once or twice under full throttle but haven't had any issues 500 miles later.

Quick Reply: Officially boosted on 8.30.13