Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: Competition 3" T304SS Exhaust (now-PREORDER)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's the deal with the small lose from 5000 to 5500 rpms. is the TCCS pulling a bit of timing?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I can make the e-manage happen. I dont know about being able to afford the dyno tune tho.

Maybe we could work something out.
Let me know if you would like to discuss this further.
We'll let you know when the time comes. First things first, we need to release the 3" turboback system and then will work on the S/C exhaust. If we decide to use your car for prototype/testing, we will be sure you're getting something out of it, it's only fair.

MrC

Old 11-13-2007, 11:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Awesome.

Bump for an awesome company. Their cars are pure extacy!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i just wanted to ask tho, but how loud is this exhaust? i was lookin at this exhaust u guys just developed looks very convincing, and actually planning to buy it when it comes out, but wat worries me is how loud it is, cz here in Jersey they're starting to crack down on people with loud exhausts, because of this new learn i heard that they just passed. Sad too, but yeh. Maybe just a little desciption or comparison because i know you guys dont want to really reveal the exhaust yet =). Thanks

-Dan
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dansuke
hey i just wanted to ask tho, but how loud is this exhaust? i was lookin at this exhaust u guys just developed looks very convincing, and actually planning to buy it when it comes out, but wat worries me is how loud it is, cz here in Jersey they're starting to crack down on people with loud exhausts, because of this new learn i heard that they just passed. Sad too, but yeh. Maybe just a little desciption or comparison because i know you guys dont want to really reveal the exhaust yet =). Thanks

-Dan
look on first page
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Added video clip of exhaust sound

Just added video of 3" turboback exhaust system here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C67LFtBIL9w

MrC

Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: Added video clip of exhaust sound

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom

MrC
Nice! I forget what you said but does that have a cat or resonator? If it does can we get it without a cat and resonator?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Added video clip of exhaust sound

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by Ptuningcom

MrC
Nice! I forget what you said but does that have a cat or resonator? If it does can we get it without a cat and resonator?
it has one large muffler, that's why we we're able to get it to idle almost like stock. It is the quietest aftermarket exhaust we've heard on a tc or any turbo car, even when compare to a 2.25" system or even some axle-back. We had a resonator in addition to the muffler during prototyping, but the muffler work so well that there was no need for an additional weight of a resonator. There is no cat on the system. That can be added as a optional upgrade if needed. This is basically a full 3" turboback from downpipe to exhaust tip.

Our goal with this system was to give you the full power potential of a 3" turboback but at the same time having a relatively quiet tone at idle and low rpms. Of course when you go WOT, you know it's a 3" system. We went with a very conservative oval tip to make it as stealth as possible. We've dealt with aftermarket exhausts for years and the consensus is that customers prefer a system that makes power yet looks and sounds semi-stock.

For those that want a all out race system that is obnoxious as hell, that can easily be done. If any of you live in Northern Virginia, you will be extremely happy with the sound and look of this system. After paying $75 for everytime you get pulled over for just having an aftermarket exhaust, you'll realize that you need something that doesn't attract the attention of the local authorities.

MrC

Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ its good to hear logic that makes $.01's - My draxas kit is pretty quiet and i have 2 resonators on it (1-12inch and 1-18inch) - I love the low tone and think its great you didn't make it some huge rice can muffler. Props!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice vid very nice sound i love it, sounds better than the hks all ready lol. But i still dunno based on the video it seems kind of loud to me personally, but that just be because the cam was able to pick up every bit of sound. Ill have to see it live one day or something just to get a better idea, but no joke this by far looks like the best exhaust for turbos. Definitely consider it when im boosted =).
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Southern Virginia $91 plus court costs, twice now for the stupid ZPI crap... Can't wait for this thing to be released.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not bad. i'm sure the camera isn't doing it justice though. it sounds good but i'm sure in person it is much better. i would love to hear it at wot.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 PM

We tried our best to get a decent video and sound of the exhaust, but the camera and built in mic does not do it justice. They were a lot of wind that day so the sound is not completely accurate. Also the BOV on the car is pretty loud so the drive by sound is not perfect. If you're in the NoVA, stop on by and we can start up the car for you so you can heard it in person to appreciate the exhaust tone. Unfortunately we can't get a sound clip of the exactly what the exhaust sounds like in person.

MrC

Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ +1 ive been down to the shop a couple times... these are great guys and this is a product i am DEFINITELY buying once it is released....

but if my birthday gets here and it hasnt been put into production yet.... im getting in my car, driving to manassas, and not leaving til i have the prototype on my car.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aight, few questions.

1) what BOV is that? seems rather like a shotgun when it goes off.

2) Even with the quality of the sound as it was, i didnt here any turbo whine (when it's spooling down). Is that because of the size of your turbo or the muffler you're running? OR i didn't hear it due to the video camera mic quality?

3) If I did order your exhaust, I would like to have the turbo whine mentioned in #2 and i'm guessing that would require a straight 3" exhaust and a larger turbo (which i have, ball bearing). Is that correct?

Great vid btw and hope to see your product released soon.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ the exhaust is prob as free as it can possibly get - so the turbo whine has nothing to do w/ the exhaust ..... When you slam on the gas and it starts to spool hard and then you get off the gas right when it gets fired up ....thats what happens. Big turbos surely sound like that
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's why i asked, i didnt see anywhere that they said what type of turbo they were running. I'd hate to go to a local shop to get a 3" exhaust, because i know they'll spend less time in R and D.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

that exhaust gives me a chubby.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
that's why i asked, i didnt see anywhere that they said what type of turbo they were running. I'd hate to go to a local shop to get a 3" exhaust, because i know they'll spend less time in R and D.
overall the product looks like is pretty darn nice. Its nice when a place dyno tests and tells you what you are buying into.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well hopefully the price is right. i'm getting tired of my stock sounding megan drift spec.

Quick Reply: PTUNING: Competition 3" T304SS Exhaust (now-PREORDER)