Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Put Turbo on 2006 Scion tC or Supercharge it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Haha. I hear you man. I hope your build goes great. I look forward to following it. You'll have to come over to the 8th gen forum and check it out after it warms up. That's too much power for these Scion's, they wouldn't understand...
I will most definitely check it out! I had a '97 320 WHP / 318ftlb, 11.9 1/4 timed N/A Del Sol
Old 01-07-2014, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy compression! Haha. I think you could have at least gotten an 11 flat with that set up, no? And don't worry about Katy, seems like she could care less about your random azz question.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy compression! Haha. I think you could have at least gotten an 11 flat with that set up, no? And don't worry about Katy, seems like she could care less about your random azz question.
Eh... don't wanna get in trouble by going off topic lol

yeah it was in the neighborhood of 13.1 / 1... B20 (CRV Block) mated with a B18 head... frankenstein'd the motor... GSR trans... DC headers / skunk2 exhaust, no cat or muffler, MSD ignition, Apexi SAFC, Wal 255 pump, JE pistons, eagle rods, ARP studs... ya know the whole 9 yards hahaha ill PM you a pic... I only got 11.9 because I was kicked off the track @ Sonoma that day... I didn't have a roll cage or 5 point... only had a 4 point and borrowed my bud's helmet to make the run lol
Old 01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah. That's how you do it man!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:05 PM

anyway... thanks for the input everyone haha
Old 01-07-2014, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? You asked us, "what should I do?" So I told you exactly what to do. Then you don't say anything. Then you give us your mileage. Wow. Then more people ask questions to help you, and now you just say thanks? What a waste of a thread. We got nowhere except for the fact that we discovered Firecrotch had a badazz del Sol. Thanks for that at least.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? You asked us, "what should I do?" So I told you exactly what to do. Then you don't say anything. Then you give us your mileage. Wow. Then more people ask questions to help you, and now you just say thanks? What a waste of a thread. We got nowhere except for the fact that we discovered Firecrotch had a badazz del Sol. Thanks for that at least.
That hurt!! hahahaha <--- that is the "firecrotch" name!!

Last edited by FIREDOG21; 01-07-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 PM

really you're gonna be rude to me on my own freakin thread? I asked for opinions cause I'm thinking about it thats why I made the god damn post. All I got was "don't do it you have high miles blah blah blah" I just wanted opinions not some random ___ dude being mad disrespectful towards me. what cause I'm a girl? gtfo of here.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never steered you away because of miles. You just never responded to my well answered and well thought out response. You should have at least been like, "okay cool sounds good, thank you, I will do that" or come back with another question. Instead you ask the hands down worse question ever and then abandon your thread. I'm not being rude, your last response was rude about saying "anyways, thanks!" so I was like wtf and then you were like gtfoh, so now i'm all like, whatttttt. I hate when people abandon threads, I'm sorry. And you seemed to be the perfect candidate to do it again. People always come on here with questions or problems so we help them fix them and then they never clean up their thread with what the issue was or what they ended up doing, so every single flippin thread on this forum is open ended and hasn't solved jack because of people abandoning them. I don't care that your a girl? Your pictures give you respect in their own right, you look like you've done plenty to your car. I dig. So chill out Spicy.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katybear
really you're gonna be rude to me on my own freakin thread? I asked for opinions cause I'm thinking about it thats why I made the god damn post. All I got was "don't do it you have high miles blah blah blah" I just wanted opinions not some random ___ dude being mad disrespectful towards me. what cause I'm a girl? gtfo of here.
Has absolutely nothing to do whether your a girl or not... just most people asking a big question like that is inputing or offering their side of the thought process on which way to go... that's all...

IMHO the mileage doesn't matter... just means addition things to check / change out before doing a huge mod like that...
Old 01-07-2014, 05:47 PM

I didn't respond with a full answer yeah sorry I couldn't type it all out on my phone, and I think not saying thank you for advice is being rude. I'm not gonna turbo charge my car but I'm still not sure about supercharging it because I kno nothing about it, I'll google one thing and see something that totally contradicts it. My boyfriend has an Audi S4 that has twin turbos and something breaks every two weeks. But he tells me doing it to my car would be okay because 'its a Toyota and its reliable'. I could afford the buying/installing but I absolutely suck at maintaining things on a car. So if I supercharged it would it make my car fall apart if I didn't replace everything? I know about boost and I'm used to it because I drive his car but I've never driven a supercharged car and I have no idea how it handles or if its better. oh & sorry for blowing up, I seriously cant stand when people go out of their way to be rude.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't respond with a full answer yeah sorry I couldn't type it all out on my phone, and I think not saying thank you for advice is being rude. I'm not gonna turbo charge my car but I'm still not sure about supercharging it because I kno nothing about it, I'll google one thing and see something that totally contradicts it. My boyfriend has an Audi S4 that has twin turbos and something breaks every two weeks. But he tells me doing it to my car would be okay because 'its a Toyota and its reliable'. I could afford the buying/installing but I absolutely suck at maintaining things on a car. So if I supercharged it would it make my car fall apart if I didn't replace everything? I know about boost and I'm used to it because I drive his car but I've never driven a supercharged car and I have no idea how it handles or if its better. oh & sorry for blowing up, I seriously cant stand when people go out of their way to be rude.
From what I've seen on here, supercharging doesn't give you your "bang for the buck" most are looking for. The gains are lack luster and the amount of $$ spent on supercharging would give you one hell of a turbo'd set up.

And each car will act differently to boost. Comparing the two wont really help. Also depends on how the car is driven and how it was set up for how reliable it is. If you beat on it constantly... of course things are gonna fail... and agin... nothing against audi's! lol
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Firebird, I don't even want to hear you say anything about Audi! I know you want to!

Audi's/VW's are queens. They need a lot of attention and pampering. Don't confuse that with things breaking. They just like new parts

So now you are boosting? Perfect. You went with option three. Because before you gave us two options, and now you threw in a third that you didn't mention. So this is even going way left field then. And when I asked you if you had experience with boost, I didn't mean have you driven boost, I meant have you worked with boost and all of its interworkings. Don't consider supercharging. It's not much different than turbo'ing on most cars. The only problem is that it's a V8 thing and they tried to bring it into our I4 world. What a joke. Superchargers are better in some scenarios, like with V8's with certain sized motors and compression. And no worries on the "blow up", but I wasn't being rude, or going out of my way to be any certain way. I was just responding to your "Okay, I'm done with this thread now!" And when you said not thanking me for my advice isn't rude, that isn't what I was saying. By having a thread, it's an unwritten thing that you cannot just leave it. So what happened was between your first post to your second post about mileage, I knew right there that this was a waste of time and it has deemed to be by your last post now too. So I was pretty done with the whole thing and then I got to talk Hondas so I was happy. You made it seem with your first post that it was going to be one or the other because you had done enough searching to figure it out that boost was an option. And now we find out it was a random question like I said earlier, which made you freak out.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohhhh he said it, he said it!!! You basttardd!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohhhh he said it, he said it!!! You basttardd!!!

LMAO !!! Gotta read bro!! again... nothing against audi's!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM

that was wayyy too long to read. I just asked cause I'm thinking about what to do with it in the future. I like hearing opinions bc that's mostly all I had when it comes to cars. I got it in July and I already completely changed how it looks and runs. & put a ____ ton of miles on it haha I'm gonna get bored with it eventually
Old 01-07-2014, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that was wayyy too long to read. I just asked cause I'm thinking about what to do with it in the future. I like hearing opinions bc that's mostly all I had when it comes to cars. I got it in July and I already completely changed how it looks and runs. & put a ____ ton of miles on it haha I'm gonna get bored with it eventually
Ok... what is your main goal with it?? Just a pepped up DD?? is there an HP goal?? show car? track car?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right right...

You're still not defending the purpose of this thread and that you were going to abandon it. You got all of your insight from searching, which I'm glad you did and that you got all of your questions answered to make a decision, but still could have done without this thread you know, and that was my original issue.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Ok... what is your main goal with it?? Just a pepped up DD?? is there an HP goal?? show car? track car?
I want it to be faster but I want it to run clean yanno? and I want to still be reliable and still have no problems with it idc how much it costs but I hate replacing parts
Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Run clean? You want to do a diesel conversion? Or that cooking oil crap? Now that's clean. And yeah, if you don't want to have problems, boost isn't your game. These aren't cars that were meant to be boosted from the factory, so that already puts you behind the eight ball right there. Everything afterwards is an accommodations to making boost work on an N/A. That's the concept, but not necessarily a daily factor.

Quick Reply: Put Turbo on 2006 Scion tC or Supercharge it?