Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Put Turbo on 2006 Scion tC or Supercharge it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katybear
I want it to be faster but I want it to run clean yanno? and I want to still be reliable and still have no problems with it idc how much it costs but I hate replacing parts
Replacing parts is the name of the game when it comes to anything boost (and that includes S/C) I fully understand where your going... have you put any thought into maybe keeping it N/A, just grabbing up some better headers / exhaust? intake? ignition? Like I did with my old del sol.. fast as shizz and kept in N/A
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Replacing parts is the name of the game when it comes to anything boost (and that includes S/C) I fully understand where your going... have you put any thought into maybe keeping it N/A, just grabbing up some better headers / exhaust? intake? ignition? Like I did with my old del sol.. fast as shizz and kept in N/A
I have an intake and exhaust system and it gave me more hp but I want it to have more of a kick to it. it starts off slow. what would headers and ignition do?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing. These cars are extremely slow. What do you expect?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Nothing. These cars are extremely slow. What do you expect?
my car beat my boyfriends S4, my cars not slow at all. why are you on this website if you're gonna ____ on scions?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an intake and exhaust system and it gave me more hp but I want it to have more of a kick to it. it starts off slow. what would headers and ignition do?
Ok so you need torque... better clutch would give you some snap... headers help with the compression thus giving you more HP and torque... ignition (ie the timing) would allow you to retard or advance the timing and let the car burn earlier or later pending your application... to get more "off the line" response.

Any trans work? Fly wheel? reduce the rotating mass and the motor will respond better...
Old 01-07-2014, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Ok so you need torque... better clutch would give you some snap... headers help with the compression thus giving you more HP and torque... ignition (ie the timing) would allow you to retard or advance the timing and let the car burn earlier or later pending your application... to get more "off the line" response.

Any trans work? Fly wheel? reduce the rotating mass and the motor will respond better...
I'll look into all of that more... I thought the only way was to supercharge/turbo
and thanks for actually helping me and not telling me that my car is slow and that I abandoned a thread I created
Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll look into all of that more... I thought the only way was to supercharge/turbo
and thanks for actually helping me and not telling me that my car is slow and that I abandoned a thread I created
Everyone deserves a chance... just have to sometimes work to get it out of them or help them define the questions they are trying to ask...

There are tons of ways to get a car to go faster. and not necessarily spending premium $$ to do so... but to S/C or turbo a car is a big commitment and most don't fully realize (as I am finding out daily) how big a scope it is to go either route!!

Criminaltc amongst other members have been helping me on my build thread, and I can't thank them enough for the help there... again... everyone deserves a chance and any and all info, good or bad, helps in everyway! Good luck!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fireman, you made a new friend. Katy, you're 8 year old 185,000 mile 150hp to the wheels front wheel drive no talent having tC cannot beat an S4. I'm sorry. And you really need to figure out what you are talking about before you post things. How on earth, when I state the truth, am I ragging on scions? I could ran faster than the first gen xB, okay? But I love the car. They are cheap budget cars. What else is there to say. They are slow, everyone knows that. I am on here because I help people, all day baby. I'm like radioshack, you got questions, I've got answers. Quit picking on me and making condescending comments to other members about me. Now that's rude. I am helping you. I would never tell you to go that route that Firehat is telling you because that's going to cost you an arm and leg too, and the more aftermarket parts means more headaches. I thought we agreed on that, so I was letting you know that you pretty much did everything you can do to get the power out of that thing. Intake header exhaust. That's about it. Then people will do clutch upgrades, cams, tune, things like that, but you're still going to be barely pushing any amount of power. There are like two N/A builds that pushed 200hp, that's it, and they spent god knows how much.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fireman, you made a new friend. Katy, you're 8 year old 185,000 mile 150hp to the wheels front wheel drive no talent having tC cannot beat an S4. I'm sorry. And you really need to figure out what you are talking about before you post things. How on earth, when I state the truth, am I ragging on scions? I could ran faster than the first gen xB, okay? But I love the car. They are cheap budget cars. What else is there to say. They are slow, everyone knows that. I am on here because I help people, all day baby. I'm like radioshack, you got questions, I've got answers. Quit picking on me and making condescending comments to other members about me. Now that's rude. I am helping you. I would never tell you to go that route that Firehat is telling you because that's going to cost you an arm and leg too, and the more aftermarket parts means more headaches. I thought we agreed on that, so I was letting you know that you pretty much did everything you can do to get the power out of that thing. Intake header exhaust. That's about it. Then people will do clutch upgrades, cams, tune, things like that, but you're still going to be barely pushing any amount of power. There are like two N/A builds that pushed 200hp, that's it, and they spent god knows how much.
Lol... I agree with what you say here... didn't know how involved she wanted to go... I was just offering different roads... up to them to travel them or not!! And due honesty, I haven't really researched enough about an N/A tC... just pulling from my own experience on other platforms... didn't think the tC's were that bad N/A!!??

"RadioShack"... hahaha love it!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha yeah you like that radioshack thing?

Yeah man, it's like pulling teeth to pull hp out of these things. These aren't Hondas my man. Haha. We know that road is doable, but no way for these 2AZ's. I had higher hopes in the beginning as well, but that was soon shut down.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah man, it's like pulling teeth to pull hp out of these things. These aren't Hondas my man. Haha. We know that road is doable, but no way for these 2AZ's. I had higher hopes in the beginning as well, but that was soon shut down.
So what makes them so different??!! Now im extremely curious as to why some of the same applique's applied to the motor wouldn't produce the same results?

I mean my road to boost is sealed now hahaha but for future builders...
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right. Read up on it. I mean just search tC N/A Build and you should get plenty to keep you busy Haha
Old 01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right. Read up on it. I mean just search tC N/A Build and you should get plenty to keep you busy Haha
I love car homework!! hahaha but now I have to fit it in inbetween the boost threads ive been reading!!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah. Gotta keep your stories straight and you'll be alright!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah. Gotta keep your stories straight and you'll be alright!
Good call... running N/A numbers on turbo builds wont help! Hahaha
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Okay, let's see here, what have we learned?", "I have to run a .484 lift on a 14.5:1"

"Yeah if you want smashed valves"

"Wait, what?"
Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Okay, let's see here, what have we learned?", "I have to run a .484 lift on a 14.5:1"

"Yeah if you want smashed valves"

"Wait, what?"
Exactly what was running through my head... just didn't wanna type it out!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha. I hear you man. I hope your build goes great. I look forward to following it. You'll have to come over to the 8th gen forum and check it out after it warms up. That's too much power for these Scion's, they wouldn't understand...

Don't need that much power when you actually have torque...
Old 01-07-2014, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa whoa Rhythm, I know you gotz boostz but you ain't gotz dis boostz. Get outta hereeeee! Haha.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

whoa whoa Rhythm, I know you gotz boostz but you ain't gotz dis boostz. Get outta hereeeee! Haha.

lol....You can't make that 675hp turn a corner can you?

Depends on what you are referring to when it comes to deciding what's slow and what's fast. For example....taking my N/A (at the time) tC and passing Mustangs, S2k's, Civics...etc on the race track all with me making no more than 150whp. I would imagine if you talked to those drivers they would say I wasn't slow.

Slow is a relative term.

Straight line, I'm getting murdered by that 675 and being called slow. But slap it on a road course with turns and the opposite happens and now you are the slow one.

So, it's all relative

Quick Reply: Put Turbo on 2006 Scion tC or Supercharge it?