Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Ran a 14.336 tonight with the trd sc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
come on scion-ce, your turn now I wanna see one of us hit a high 13 at least.
I know I know. I don't run a pulley though. With the NST pulley and my setup, I think I could hit a 14 flat. Thats just a guess though
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

desertheat, thx for the launch tips.
I'm really glad to see some of the times that have been run with ( for the most part ) a stock sc... you pulled a 14.7, and i've seen elsewhere a 14.6 ( I believe ); that gives hope to someone like myself that even stock sc's can/do run strong ( my bootie & my experience tells me ours does anyways ), and I don't have to rely on mag reports that can't even clip below 15 with one.
I still think that these sc cars w/ some mods should be able to pop in the 13's, and that is moving quite nicely for a front driver. Good luck on your quests out there to do so....
I for one will never slam anyone for trying their car out; i'll only applaud when results are published for all of us to read/compare/take notes/etc... these forums can be helpful to all of us readers, no matter what our age group.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
come on scion-ce, your turn now I wanna see one of us hit a high 13 at least.
I know I know. I don't run a pulley though. With the NST pulley and my setup, I think I could hit a 14 flat. Thats just a guess though
Yea man, im curious to see what the MMW Header will turn out along side the SC. Keep us posted on when you go.
-Are you going to the shootout?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I for one will not be going to the shootout even if it was west coast. Great marketing gimmick from the zippie boys, take cars with aftermarket management tuned to there best to show off what they have for sale. At least I see through the crap.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I for one will not be going to the shootout even if it was west coast. Great marketing gimmick from the zippie boys, take cars with aftermarket management tuned to there best to show off what they have for sale. At least I see through the crap.
I take it your not a fan of ZPI...
Old 03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am no biased I just see through companies bs and hype with ease. All in good fun! I would be happy if they release a product on schedual... like the intake for the sc... that would have been nice.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Banned
SL Member

I would be happy if they release a product on schedual... like the intake for the sc... that would have been nice.
+1
Old 03-26-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a fan of all FI alike..although I will be going turbo with my tC, I must congratulate you on ur run at the track. It gives me hope to one day run 13's ...congrats again.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Put some drag radials/slicks on there and see what #'s you pick up.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Huh...ZPI isn't even running their cars. All the participants are, or who ever wants to run. Did you go to the Turbonetics Open House day? Same marketing...
Old 03-26-2006, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice times with the charger btw. Keep the pedal to the floor and your eyes on the finish line
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to agree with you on this one man.

Good times by the way, do you have plans for more modifications and going back for better numbers soon?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have some plans to run me into the high 13's. My goal is a 13.9 with the supercharger and I will be done. My tc does not need to go any faster than that
Old 03-27-2006, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have some plans to run me into the high 13's. My goal is a 13.9 with the supercharger and I will be done. My tc does not need to go any faster than that
Put a lightweight flywheel and upgraded clutch in the car, if you haven't done that already. You can hit 13.9 easy with it.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys.. You gotta keep it down about ZPI, if you say anything wrong about them this thread will get locked... Havent you noticed the biased thread locks in here yet?
Say something wrong about ZPI, make a great point, and the mods will drop on knees and lock the thread so we wont get an answer.. Just letting you know that we need to be careful.

Oh and BTW, Awsome numbers man.. cant wait to see you get into the 13s.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, but no one should be scorned for speaking their minds, and having their own beliefs and thoughts. If he dosen't like ZPI, so be it. You can't please everyone out there. But business is business. Keep moving.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some of us are scorned everytime we say something because it is against a company. I would like to hear from them when I ask them something, instead of a mod locking it because of the favortism..
Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Some of us are scorned everytime we say something because it is against a company. I would like to hear from them when I ask them something, instead of a mod locking it because of the favortism..
They are very quick to reply when someone has a beef they need to settle. And the story usually gets squashed after that. However, there is a section on this board called "Shop Experience" for that kinda stuff.

So, back on topic....keep clicking off those times
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just curious, what kind of gas mileage are you getting with the supercharger on a regular basis?

I've been running the turbonetics turbo kit and hitting around 27-28mpg with it. And, of course, the power gain is awesome.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ideapimp
Just curious, what kind of gas mileage are you getting with the supercharger on a regular basis?

I've been running the turbonetics turbo kit and hitting around 27-28mpg with it. And, of course, the power gain is awesome.
hahahah I like to call it gallons per mile.. lol, no, I usually get around 19-21mpg, but the problem is with tuning.. I am runing RICH AS ALL get out. I am running about 10.2-10.6 to 1 AFR at WOT in 4th gear.

Quick Reply: Ran a 14.336 tonight with the trd sc.