Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C Price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
SL Member

Default S/C Price?

Ok first off I have an 08 tc and was looking at buying a S/C for it. I have several questions though.

1) Why the hell is the S/C for the 08's like $1,500 more then the ones in previouse years?

2) Im going to have it installed by the stealership to keep the waranty. I just want to know how long it takes them to put the s/c on and tune it. I know how much my place charges for labor but they couldnt tell me how long it would take to put the s/c on.

3) My dealership told me that they have not put many s/c on tc's to I was also wondering what the common problems are with the s/c that I should look for?

4) Is there any other maintence I should do to the car before getting the S/C? I know a lot of people say to put a LSD with the S/C but I am not sure if I will have enough money for that too.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: S/C Price?

Originally Posted by mackman37
Ok first off I have an 08 tc and was looking at buying a S/C for it. I have several questions though.

1) Why the hell is the S/C for the 08's like $1,500 more then the ones in previouse years?

2) Im going to have it installed by the stealership to keep the waranty. I just want to know how long it takes them to put the s/c on and tune it. I know how much my place charges for labor but they couldnt tell me how long it would take to put the s/c on.

3) My dealership told me that they have not put many s/c on tc's to I was also wondering what the common problems are with the s/c that I should look for?

4) Is there any other maintence I should do to the car before getting the S/C? I know a lot of people say to put a LSD with the S/C but I am not sure if I will have enough money for that too.

Thanks
Jesus christ on a cracker. Use the freaking search button.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: S/C Price?

Originally Posted by mackman37

Thanks
its more money because the 05-06 charger used to be that price also - it just dropped last year.

Labor should be around $530-800 depending on your area (anywhere between that are good prices).

if they came out and said they didnt install many ...then i would look somewhere else. Torquing the bolts to the correct lb spec is important ....that is how some of the sloppy dealers are messing up.

You dont need anything w/ the s/c but down the road you can add things. Right out of the box its a nice beginner setup (especially if its your first forced induction car).

And yea .... use the search button cause there are many of us that have posted all about the s/c for years now ..but i wanted to give you a start with the questions you had.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Price difference between to 05-06 and 07-08 kits is because the 07-08 engines are different than the older ones. Since they no longer make the 05-06 engines, why keep the price at $3200.

You don't see Microsoft selling the X-Box for the same price as the X-Box 360, and they'd definitely would not drop the X-Box 360 price to what the X-Box currently costs.

Only way you'll see the 07-08 kits is if they redo the engine in future models (not likely) or they discontinue the tC.