Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C Setup, Car stalls on idle, many MIL codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Default S/C Setup, Car stalls on idle, many MIL codes

Recently my car has started acting up. It will stall while idling. It doesn't do this every time I drive it and it doesn't matter if my car is warm or cold. Obviously I'm having trouble driving it because I can't predict when it's going to happen. At first I had no engine codes and I haven't seen any other symptoms, aside from the stalling out and bad idling when it does stay on. Finally yesterday, it started throwing codes. Here's what I've got:

p0102 - MAF sensor
p0113 - IAT sensor
p0300 - Multiple Random Misfire

Then I have all four of my cylinders misfiring, and my pesky old p0171, which is related to an atmospheric BOV that I did not put there and am having some trouble recirculating (but that's another thread, another time). The most important thing is that I get it back running because this is my dd. I'm gonna clean my air filter tonight (Injen CAI) and check the seals there, and on the throttle body, clean the MAF sensor and see how it goes, but if anybody has any further insight, other than getting a new MAF. I know it very well could be my MAF sensor, but I don't want to replace it until I'm sure. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You have a similar setup to mine but my idle issues are completely related to my ECU resetting because my battery is dying...

Since two of those three codes are related to the sensors in the intake, like you are already investigating, I would start there. I'm assuming the multiple missfire is a result of the ECU not getting accurate readings from the MAF and the IAT sensors.

I know the MAF sensor is super sensitive so be cautions cleaning it.
I haven't heard of the sensor package in the intake setup failing for anybody, boosted or not.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Default hmm...

it's interesting that you say that about your battery. My problems started after I unplugged my battery. I pulled it out to clean up my engine bay a little and when I plugged it back in; that's when all hell broke lose. You having misfire problems?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is your ECU reflashed with TRD, or are you running engine management?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by That_Kid_Ju
Is your ECU reflashed with TRD, or are you running engine management?
It's TRD reflashed, but all of my mods are 1+ years ago. My problem has disappeared as of right now, and has absolutely no symptoms, no pending codes and idles just fine. I want to fix it but without a problem, its almost impossible now.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sleeperTC07
It's TRD reflashed, but all of my mods are 1+ years ago. My problem has disappeared as of right now, and has absolutely no symptoms, no pending codes and idles just fine. I want to fix it but without a problem, its almost impossible now.
Not so sure how the reflash works, but is it possible that the ecu went back to stock after you unplugged the battery? Did the ecu harness get unhooked for any reason?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

The ECU can't go back to stock without a reflash or replacement; the reflash actually programs in new lines of hex code to replace the stock code.