Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C + Unichip = CEL

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default S/C + Unichip = CEL

I have a 06 tC with S/C, 9.5lb pulley, and intake i recently bought a used Unichip from a Scionlife member that I sent in to get it re-flashed with my current mods. I just got my Unichip back today but when i installed it I got a CEL on both A & B settings.
I didn't have the directions with me i just disconnected the ground and plugged everything in then reconnected the ground wire, so I'm wondering is there a step I missed? or is it like my Weapon R Intake where the CEL will go off after I drive with it for a while?
Please Help.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-01-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would be intrested in knowing as well
Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

I don't get a CEL on either map, so I don't see why you would. Did you turn off the car before switching maps? I would also check the led to make sure the switch is working. Did you start with it on map B, if so switching it to map a would still have the cel, you need to reset the ecu(got this from their pdf.)

Last edited by syberspyder; 07-16-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe you should tell us what the code is instead of just saying....i have a code, fix it.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by syberspyder
I don't get a CEL on either map, so I don't see why you would. Did you turn off the car before switching maps? I would also check the led to make sure the switch is working. Did you start with it on map B, if so switching it to map a would still have the cel, you need to reset the ecu(got this from their pdf.)
yep i turned off the car to switch the map, after that didnt work i disconnected the ground in between both maps. i just checked and the led does not illuminate
Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gingles
maybe you should tell us what the code is instead of just saying....i have a code, fix it.
i dont know the code yet
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CLT-tc
i dont know the code yet
Try taking the Unichip out of the car and plugging the factory wiring harness back in and run the car for a bit, then reinstall the unichip and see if you still have the CEL. This happen to me once when I had the chip and I did this and the CEL went away.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Try taking the Unichip out of the car and plugging the factory wiring harness back in and run the car for a bit, then reinstall the unichip and see if you still have the CEL. This happen to me once when I had the chip and I did this and the CEL went away.
i did that once but i will try that again, also did the rocker switch illuminate when you had it?

the code i got was P0328 Knock Sensor #1 — Circuit High Input (Bank #1 or Single Sensor)
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153457

auto zone thought it could be A) an open or short circuit or B) faulty knock sensor
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Install instructions say that the led illuminates for map b, which is the more aggressive of the two. I figured you were getting a cel for knock detection, since this is what is listed in their install pdf. I would call unichip and ask if there are any standard tests they run after reflashing the chip. Maybe you were sold a faulty unit, or something happened during reflash or install.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i did that once but i will try that again, also did the rocker switch illuminate when you had it?
The led should be on the module itself, I never noticed it, just read about it when trying to figure this out.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:23 PM

it could also be that they didn't load the proper maps on it. Best thing to do is to call them since they touched it last!
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My suggestion would be to find out the exact code. Remove the unichip, then correct the issue throwing the cel. Once the car is running normal, try installing the unichip again with the instructions. If you get a cel again then contact unichip.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Install instructions say that the led illuminates for map b, which is the more aggressive of the two. I figured you were getting a cel for knock detection, since this is what is listed in their install pdf. I would call unichip and ask if there are any standard tests they run after reflashing the chip. Maybe you were sold a faulty unit, or something happened during reflash or install.
i was told they run a test to make sure it is working properly

The led should be on the module itself, I never noticed it, just read about it when trying to figure this out.
huh i still cant find the led, do you think its on the chip?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acestyle
it could also be that they didn't load the proper maps on it. Best thing to do is to call them since they touched it last!
i called today and at first they said it could of had the wrong code loaded on it. they want me to send it in for them to fix it now im mad because i sent it one day ups for $8 and they sent it fed-ex it took 3 days and cost $15 what the f. now send it again the next day for an extra 20 bucks, for something that may be their fault

Originally Posted by KyleL
My suggestion would be to find out the exact code. Remove the unichip, then correct the issue throwing the cel. Once the car is running normal, try installing the unichip again with the instructions. If you get a cel again then contact unichip.
there is no cel when returned to stock. i found the instructions last night and they are all wrong, they dont make sense. when i called unichip today i let them know how off the instructions were and the guy took a look and agreed
Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is no cel when returned to stock. i found the instructions last night and they are all wrong, they dont make sense. when i called unichip today i let them know how off the instructions were and the guy took a look and agreed
THe instructions help me. Maybe the harness has changed between the different years. I have a 2006.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:31 PM

i called today and at first they said it could of had the wrong code loaded on it. they want me to send it in for them to fix it now im mad because i sent it one day ups for $8 and they sent it fed-ex it took 3 days and cost $15 what the f. now send it again the next day for an extra 20 bucks, for something that may be their fault

From their website you can find a tuner in your area to do it. They might charge you more but you wouldn't have to deal with shipping it and you get to talk to someone face to face.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:36 PM

I just asked jame@trdsparks and the harnesses are different from 06 to 07.

Any idea what year of tc the unichip was in?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So the car runs normal when you plug the stock harness in but with the unihchip it throws a cel. Maybe a local tuner can help you as stated before might cost more but you will get a custom tune.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acestyle
I just asked jame@trdsparks and the harnesses are different from 06 to 07.

Any idea what year of tc the unichip was in?
ah man! did he say how they are different? and yes it was off of a 07-08 tc who said he had no problems, that would explain why the directions made no sense the plugs it was telling me to connect just didn't match up. now i feel like an idiot for not checking first, but to be fair i sent it to unichip had it re-flashed for a different year and they didn't say anything about a compatibility issue

Originally Posted by dwn4cause
So the car runs normal when you plug the stock harness in but with the unichip it throws a cel. Maybe a local tuner can help you as stated before might cost more but you will get a custom tune.
i was planning to see a tuner after i got the map close enough to run it for a few weeks so that is an option i have been considering. now im worried the harnesses aren't compatible and i might need to get a new one.

when i sent it in for the re-flash they told me that they inspected it and didn't find anything wrong.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KyleL
THe instructions help me. Maybe the harness has changed between the different years. I have a 2006.
how many plugs does your harness have and what order do they plug in? my pnp has 4 plugs and the order that it will fit in going from bottom to top is 1,2,5,6. #3 is oem and #4 is a blank

does anyone have anything different?

Quick Reply: S/C + Unichip = CEL