Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C + Unichip = CEL

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FML i just found this subtle difference in the 2006 vs 2007 instructions on their site

2006 e. (Photo 4) Working from the bottom to the
top, remove OEM plugs 1, 3, and 5 from
the ECU

vs

2007 e. (Photo 4) Working from the bottom to the
top, remove the OEM plugs from the
ECU
Old 07-19-2010, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CLT-tc
i did that once but i will try that again, also did the rocker switch illuminate when you had it?

the code i got was P0328 Knock Sensor #1 — Circuit High Input (Bank #1 or Single Sensor)
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153457

auto zone thought it could be A) an open or short circuit or B) faulty knock sensor
No it didn't illuminate when I had it, I didn't think it did though. Is it working ok for you now?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many plugs does your harness have and what order do they plug in? my pnp has 4 plugs and the order that it will fit in going from bottom to top is 1,2,5,6. #3 is oem and #4 is a blank

does anyone have anything different?
It doesn't matter what order you plug them in as long as there in the right spot. I hope its working for you.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah man! did he say how they are different? and yes it was off of a 07-08 tc who said he had no problems, that would explain why the directions made no sense the plugs it was telling me to connect just didn't match up. now i feel like an idiot for not checking first, but to be fair i sent it to unichip had it re-flashed for a different year and they didn't say anything about a compatibility issue

i was planning to see a tuner after i got the map close enough to run it for a few weeks so that is an option i have been considering. now im worried the harnesses aren't compatible and i might need to get a new one.

when i sent it in for the re-flash they told me that they inspected it and didn't find anything wrong.
Is your car a 06? If so it won't work, thats why I listed it under 07-08. 05-06 have a different harness all together.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iowa_TC1
Is your car a 06? If so it won't work, thats why I listed it under 07-08. 05-06 have a different harness all together.
Yep that's my bad, now I waiting for unichip to tell me if the chip is compatible with all the year harnesses
Old 07-19-2010, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok unichip said the chip is compatible with any harness, so now I'm working on getting the correct one.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM

ah man! did he say how they are different?
he didn't tell me how they were different but he told me a new harness costs about 400 bucks... not to sure on how accurate that price is but he also mentioned the unichip having to be programmed to the harness. You'd probably have to talk to unichip on how accurate that is.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acestyle
he didn't tell me how they were different but he told me a new harness costs about 400 bucks... not to sure on how accurate that price is but he also mentioned the unichip having to be programmed to the harness. You'd probably have to talk to unichip on how accurate that is.
unichip must be getting tired of me now because i called again and there is no programing involved with the harness. the chip is programed to the vehicle and the harness is interchangeable
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM

unichip must be getting tired of me now because i called again and there is no programing involved with the harness. the chip is programed to the vehicle and the harness is interchangeable
It could just be that they wanted my money instead. Everything I read from unichip is that its interchangeable. That's why I wasn't too sure on the info that TRDSparks gave me.

Any luck on getting a the correct harness for yours?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by acestyle
It could just be that they wanted my money instead. Everything I read from unichip is that its interchangeable. That's why I wasn't too sure on the info that TRDSparks gave me.

Any luck on getting a the correct harness for yours?
i found some one on SL who is willing to trade his 05-06 harness for mine. right now we are trying to figure out if the turbonetics unichip he has is a Q series and if the harness is compatible.

also i have pmed and called TRDSparks and not received any response, im a little disappointed because i have purchased many things off their website.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any progress with this? I am curious!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
Any progress with this? I am curious!
i made a trade for an 06 harness. his has shipped, mine will ship today. if i get it on friday as scheduled i will post the results
Old 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 06 turbonetics harness works with my unichip! i just got it today, after i installed the new harness it fired right up with no hesitation or cel im going to wait till later today to test it out due to heavy traffic at this time.

Last edited by CLT-tc; 08-02-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the 06 turbonetics harness works with my unichip! i just got it today, after i installed the new harness it fired right up with no hesitation or cel im going to wait till later today to test it out due to heavy traffic at this time.
Great to hear! I'm eager to see how it will perform.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after a few days of driving i have to say the stand out thing about the unichip is how smooth my car drives now. after i put on the intake a year ago my idle would be anywhere between 500-1k rpms and felt rough and choppy, the unichip fixed this. as far as power goes its subtle but there, not a big jump but we will see in the dyno #'s the difference the little chip has made. i cant really tell a difference between the a/b settings but no big deal i plan to change those soon enough to a summer/winter switch. my plans for further down the road iso add a water/meth map