Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Sound Peformance Scion tC Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
the return fuel setup does not compensate for the cost of the kit, its like $200-$300. It's the name on the kit that makes it costly, kind like that world racing kit that no one wanted to buy because it needed a replacement radiator too.
Did you notice there's also a tubular manifold that's not in a log style?

Dude - I'm not justifying the price of the kit. All I'm saying is you need to look at the other factors.

If someone really wants to run a return setup - this is the kit! No extra mods.. it comes complete. You build the kit up from there.

That's it. Why can't people be happy that more people are developing stuff for our cars?? Don't you guys know that the more competition, the better it is for us - the consumers??
Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the reason a lot of people stick with dezod or turbo toyotas and talks crap about everyone els(not saying that no one talks crap about dezod or TT) is for the simple fact that people on these forums have either been badly burned by some companies or they have been on this forum reading the horror stories. So i think everyone is skeptical and rightly so since it is a big investment. To be honest i dont want to read on this forum about some guy who spent a ton of money on a kit only to have nothing but problems becouse no one on here helped him out with questions he had before he bought it. Helping people out is what this forum is supposed to be about. <stepping down from soap box>
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
I think the reason a lot of people stick with dezod or turbo toyotas and talks crap about everyone els(not saying that no one talks crap about dezod or TT) is for the simple fact that people on these forums have either been badly burned by some companies or they have been on this forum reading the horror stories. So i think everyone is skeptical and rightly so since it is a big investment. To be honest i dont want to read on this forum about some guy who spent a ton of money on a kit only to have nothing but problems becouse no one on here helped him out with questions he had before he bought it. Helping people out is what this forum is supposed to be about. <stepping down from soap box>
Then people need to do some research before acting out. SP has been around for a while.. big time Supra guys.. they know what they're doing.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

im not downing sp, i considered them when i was researching kits, all im saying is the whole premise of this forum is to help others.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Understood - I know you aren't downing them. I was not directing the lack of research comment at you. Just RE: what you were saying.

I do agree this forum is to help others.. but when people start talking about something without actually knowing facts, it tends to steer people in the wrong direction - agree?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed
Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Originally Posted by deathbyc4
the return fuel setup does not compensate for the cost of the kit, its like $200-$300. It's the name on the kit that makes it costly, kind like that world racing kit that no one wanted to buy because it needed a replacement radiator too.
Did you notice there's also a tubular manifold that's not in a log style?

Dude - I'm not justifying the price of the kit. All I'm saying is you need to look at the other factors.

If someone really wants to run a return setup - this is the kit! No extra mods.. it comes complete. You build the kit up from there.

That's it. Why can't people be happy that more people are developing stuff for our cars?? Don't you guys know that the more competition, the better it is for us - the consumers??
did you also read my avatar that says i'm using this kit??

besides, dezod makes a return fuel setup too.

When i got my sp kit 10 months after ordering it, it wasnt a complete kit.....
Old 05-28-2008, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the pictures on the sound performance site are actually one of our members from our club, he has a RS3 auto and it is a nice kit but really not worth the money. sound performance will do whatever it takes to take every cent from you, my cousin used to work there thats why i know this.

i would recommend either dezod or turbo toyotas.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackSandPtC
the pictures on the sound performance site are actually one of our members from our club, he has a RS3 auto and it is a nice kit but really not worth the money. sound performance will do whatever it takes to take every cent from you, my cousin used to work there thats why i know this.

i would recommend either dezod or turbo toyotas.
by chance your cousin was Mike?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
SL Member

I think the kit is completely reasonable. Actually the prices for turbo kits on tC's are much lower than say a Supra or 350z. $5000 for a kit is about where most other cars start at. This forum does have a habbit of being bias towards a company (they may really be a great company) if more then a few people have had good experiences. Which by all means is a good thing. But to bash a new kit, or product cause the price or cause they are just new companies. Remember Dezod and TT had to start somewhere also. They have just paid there dues.....
Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have personally spent thousands of dollars at Sound Performance in the past. I can tell you that they are slow, expensive and have no customer service. Unfortunately at the time, they were the only speed shop around. I would never buy anything from Sound Performance unless you own a Supra.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcengel
I have personally spent thousands of dollars at Sound Performance in the past. I can tell you that they are slow, expensive and have no customer service. Unfortunately at the time, they were the only speed shop around. I would never buy anything from Sound Performance unless you own a Supra.
First hand experience here.. good to know.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not bashing either.... I just think that if you are going to be truely diff and unique than you need to do some costom stuff. The whole thing with the fuel return can be build by hand for a lot less...Like I said im not bashing I just feel that it is a little on the high side for what you are getting
Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
First hand experience here.. good to know.
x2 to the power of 10
Old 05-29-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not even if you own a supra did you know half those supra stay their for good because when my cousin worked there sound performance surprises them with a large bill that they couldnt afford to pay so they sell their car to them instead.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so that's why they keep selling them on ebay.....hmmmm