Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Stock fuel pump and fuel rail with 440cc injector

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FWIW, Everyone going from NA to boosted should install an upgraded fuel pump. The Scion community is young compared to the rest of the Import community who have been boosting non boosted cars for years so I can understand why some of you may not think to do this or understand why. The years of experience are not here with most of you.

Again, anyone boosting a tC should get a fuel pump. It's the first mod you should be doing period. No questions asked. Not to mention it's cheap insurance.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
FWIW, Everyone going from NA to boosted should install an upgraded fuel pump. The Scion community is young compared to the rest of the Import community who have been boosting non boosted cars for years so I can understand why some of you may not think to do this or understand why. The years of experience are not here with most of you.

Again, anyone boosting a tC should get a fuel pump. It's the first mod you should be doing period. No questions asked. Not to mention it's cheap insurance.

thats kinda a pushy statement don yes it helps atomize the fuel and helps with fuel delivery but honestly its not needed and honesty from a top seller should be top priority people have been boosting tcs for over 4 years with no pumps, and if it was really so important then include it in kits as its only a 190 dollar part
Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honesty is a top priority. Why do you think I posted that statement.

The part with install kit is 109, I'm guessing that's what you meant.

It is of my opinion, and most anyone who has spent years building high horsepower cars.

As for it being included in the kit, it should, but it is was not at the time when making 300hp was a big deal, it should be added I agree now in a time when making 300 is the norm, which pushes the capacity of the stock fuel pump and return-less system. However it is something I talk to every customer who orders a kit about and they usually buy it.

I stand by my statement.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is of my opinion, and most anyone who has spent years building high horsepower cars.

As for it being included in the kit, it should, but it is was not at the time when making 300hp was a big deal, it should be added I agree now in a time when making 300 is the norm, which pushes the capacity of the stock fuel pump and return-less system. However it is something I talk to every customer who orders a kit about and they usually buy it.

I stand by my statement.

thank you don theres what i wanted, its not needed till above 300 hp thats the answer ppl want
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you are missing my point. I don't care if you are making 25 hp or 2500hp. Fuel upgrades should be the first mods made when boosting a non boosted car.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok don
Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
i told you 440cc and stock pump will not be efficiant just go with 550cc injectors and stock pump you dont have to change anything...

the stock rail will handle it

the stock pump will handle it

the stock regulator will handle it

and our fuel pressure is a raising fuel pressure

wat ever u do dont settle for 440cc injectors u will be maxing them out and detonating around redline

i try to find Toyota Caldina GT4 injector, it was 530cc, or Mazda Rx7 550cc injector, so i leave the fuel rail fuel pump and regulator stock.

and yeah, if wan make return fuel line, can the stock fuel rail modify return line and fuel regulator?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I'd recommend 550s over 440s on these cars anyday.

The stock fuel pressure is 42-47 PSI on the tCs.

Thx,
i will buy 550cc injector, then dyno put the figure here.
may change turbo too
Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member

can the stock fuel rail mod to adjustable fuel regulator with return line?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member

I stand by my statement.

if got budget, i also suggest for change fuel pump, fuel rail with return line, and fuel regulator.
mostly used are walbro 255 intank pump, sard fuel regulator, custom fuelrail with return line.

In Malaysia, it cost about USD$450 for item above plus installation.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member

I think you are missing my point. I don't care if you are making 25 hp or 2500hp. Fuel upgrades should be the first mods made when boosting a non boosted car.
lets see how my budget going later on, will upgrade fuelpump and regulator, if the stock fuel rail can mod return line.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

the rail modded with a return fitting should work if you are not aiming too much hp, i think ippskidder did that and is selling his.. you still need an aftermarket FPR though
Old 01-21-2010, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
the rail modded with a return fitting should work if you are not aiming too much hp, i think ippskidder did that and is selling his.. you still need an aftermarket FPR though
the stock rail modded with return rail is possible?
yes will buya aftermarket FPR and walbro for that. because custom fuel will over my budget than, since i need to buy another set of 550cc injector.
Thx for comment.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a stock rail with a return line to an aeromotive FPR with a walbro. i got 440cc injectors running 12psi with no problems. and made 350whp.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
i have a stock rail with a return line to an aeromotive FPR with a walbro. i got 440cc injectors running 12psi with no problems. and made 350whp.

Great!!, i think i follow ur setup since i got 440cc injector now, buy one aftermarket FRP and intank 255walbro. Run 7psi only.
u got some pics while u do ur stock fuel rail with return line?
thank you
Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

here's some pics i borrowed from ippskidder, http://www.flickr.com/photos/ippskidder/page4/ I think its nicely done
Old 01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well DON im gonna take back my comment on the pump, after having talked with paul and him explaining it more into detail i would rather pony for a fuel pump than to have strain on mine
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
here's some pics i borrowed from ippskidder, http://www.flickr.com/photos/ippskidder/page4/ I think its nicely done
Thx for that. I try to diy after I remove the fuel rail, and discuss it with my friend .
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
well DON im gonna take back my comment on the pump, after having talked with paul and him explaining it more into detail i would rather pony for a fuel pump than to have strain on mine
No worries I'd rather you not have issues and be better informed
Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OT but how hard is a fuel pump install?

Quick Reply: Stock fuel pump and fuel rail with 440cc injector