Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Turbo TC pics page-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe people who are not sure what they are talking about and who had no direct expirence with turbo applications need not to speak
Old 12-11-2005, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^ you talking to me?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The 2JZ-GTE Engine Bottom End is built to withstand 500bhp because of the stock twins.

The 2AZ-FE Engine Bottom End is build to withstand 300bhp.

I cant believe you would even compare the Supra Motor to the tC Motor.....

Back on topic...

Personally, you might want to scrap this whole idea. Putting a GT35R Turbo on a 2AZ-FE Engine is just obsurd, especally with on a stock block.

If you are going to leave the stock connector rods, pistons, and head, and run this turbo, you will be saying bye bye to your block over time.

Why do people always say "replace the pistons". You need to replace the Connector Rods, and Head as well. So if you ARE going to do this turbo, what is going to be your compression ratio?

I'm smelling blown motor in 2 months......
Old 12-11-2005, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^^Replace the head for what ? I hope you meant head gasket and head bolts .
Old 12-11-2005, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
The 2JZ-GTE Engine Bottom End is built to withstand 500bhp because of the stock twins.
try 900+rwhp
Old 12-11-2005, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaitzskippy you have a point there “Toyota internals are built to last “ I damage a piston at 560hp in my supra and it was not because the piston was week but the air/fuel mixture was incorrect. (I basically lean out the engine).
We first thought the tc internal were good for maybe 300hp, we were wrong, 350hp max, we were wrong,400hp we were wrong, so far SS last dyno I believe was around 430hp with only a piggyback computer. That is just amazing. What will this engine do with a great computer and perfect tuning? I can’t wait to find out.

Code:
BlkSandPrlTurbotC
Personally, you might want to scrap this whole idea. Putting a GT35R Turbo on a 2AZ-FE Engine is just obsurd, especally with on a stock block.
I appreciate your concern but what type of turbo you think SS has in their 400+ tc? Yep you guessed it GT35R

Rick C.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Lil word of wisdom....Everyone keeps saying 300hp this and 400hp that...I dont care how much hp you put down on the dyno cause it aint gonna last on stock internals(congratulations if you hit 400, you have just become a dyno queen and thats about it if you dont address a few areas)...everyone keeps saying our block is good to 500hp and this and that...yea, the BLOCK can handle that...Theres a big difference between the block taking the abuse than the internals taking the abuse...the rods arent weak, the piston itself isnt too weak,just a design flaw(In our minds, not Toyota's)...a few people on here know whats really happening at these hp levels and I dont get how people just take everything with a grain of salt...it seems like everyone is too boost happy and this could be real dangerous for all the newbs that will stumble upon threads like this saying to themselves,"If I do this to my car Im gonna be able to beat my buddies STI or EVO." Yea, maybe for a couple of weeks you will be able to...If people are soo dam persistent on hitting numbers like these, than do the internal work first so you dont waste your own time. With that said, good luck with your project and I hope everything works out as I will be following this real close...Im not trying to be a naysayer or anything because it can be done safely with a few necessary steps, but it seems like everyone just wants to cut corners.

-Vito
Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Simplyscion, you are correct and I agree with you. My purpose is not to beat anyone in the dyno my purpose is to build a stock block to produce a reliable, respectable hp. In order to do that I am willing to push the envelope just to see how much this motor can take. Im not telling anyone to do what I do. Me, I really don’t care if the engine blows, I only care at what hp the engine blows and what will the damage be. Then I will come to my own conclusions and decisions.

Guys, I know the engine can blow anytime and I know I am cutting corners by not putting pistons and rods, but that is my point.

I will say this one more time “If 400+hp can be reached on a stock block with a piggyback computer what will this engine do with a tune Haltech? “And a few necessary steps” and that is where I would like your input!! I would like for those of you that know and been there to help if possible with this project. If it blows at 450hp with a tune Haltech we will discover the cause and the weakness of the motor. Then maybe 380hp is safe with a tune Haltech. On that note if it blows at 500hp “wishful thinking” than maybe 400hp is safe with a tune Haltech… I don’t have all the answers but I am willing to try.

Rick C.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I respect you doin this R&D work for us, but again, it has been done...I cant wait to see the end results and if you want this thing to last you gotta address the timing issue. With the right timing, I wouldnt doubt that the stock rings would last more than 15,000 miles.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You seem to be really confident that you are going to be able to make so much more power with your Haltech, but you don't even know what Haltech is going to be on your car.

Im all about seeing another boosted scion running the streets. Im definatly all about seeing another boosted scion that can give mine a run for its money. However, you don't seem to really know much about anything that is going on with your car. Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that you are really hyped up because the guys down there at Toyomoto have told you this and told you that and you are blindly accepting it without really knowing any of the details or having a true grasp on how these things work. You are going to have a very nice setup on your car when you are done, if you take the time to understand it and do it right. I know you think that with a "standalone" ( I should point out that you aren't really using a true standalone ) you are going to be able to make some unbelieveable amount of power and the car be reliable. The fact of the matter is this. Cylinder Pressure is Cylinder Pressure. No matter how good your tune is, an engine with a particular set of components will only be able to withstand a given amount of dynamic compression before parts are stressed and broken. No tune is going to lower this number and no tune is going to keep this from happening.

I have a gut feeling that I know what will happen here. Keep in mind that with a stock engine setup, just because you dont have detonation doesnt mean you have a safe tune. There are many more elements to it that many, MANY people don't understand.

As far as the Supra comments go... You can not really compare the two as they are competely different engines. You should also keep in mind that yes, you can give a supra 600 HP and drive it daily without issue on a good tune. It also started at 300 HP and not 140.

There are not any 400 whp stock block scions that have lasted. They have all blown up within a very short amount of time. Not because they were "only on a piggyback".

In either event, good luck with your project. The work on the car thus far looks very good and Im excited to see what kinda numbers it puts down. Should prove to be very nice.

Charles
Old 12-11-2005, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I gotta say that GT 35 looks real f'in good in the engine bay though
Its almost as big as my supercharger lol
Old 12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I gotta say that GT 35 looks real f'in good in the engine bay though
Its almost as big as my supercharger lol
That is does. No matter the application, GT35R's is one sexy mother
Old 12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TurbCustomz, if all you are trying to do is criticize everything I said is fine, but what am looking for is “help” not criticism thanks. “Haltech E8”

Simlyscin, Yes the timing is definitely a great deal and will definitely be address properly.

Starting this week the fuel pump and fuel lines will be install follow by the Haltech, am hopping to have it ready by the end of the week or by early next week. Will keep you guys posted.

Rick C.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He isnt critizing you Rick.

TurboCustomz knows his $hit. I would take his posts into consideration.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For what it's worth, Toyomoto knows their stuff. At least when it comes to Toyota/Lexus. They have made some beasts of cars, and they are the ones who actually did my valve body and stuff on the IS300. I'm not sure what they have to do with your car (didn't read the entire post), but I'm sure Lance down there would have you covered.

Best of all, you can take a drive down to South Beach while you wait!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Charles isn't criticising so much as offering his experience because he has already discovered the weak point in the tC and where it occurs and at what boost pressure.

The first weak point is the piston ring. It's a fuel efficiency minded ring that will break with around 10 psi.

There is your info, there isn't a need to find out for yourself. We've that information already, we're more interested in finding out if a 15+ psi tC can be daily driven (at least I am.)

That said, good luck on this project. It sounds expensive.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LoL.

I wasn't trying to criticize you. I thought I made that more then clear. However, sometimes "help" comes in the form of criticism. I was mearly offering some tips and observations from someone that has a 350+ WHP turbo scion tc. You are not the only one to do this.

Since you dont seem to be willing to accept anything that you see as negative, good luck with your project. I'll be watching.

Charles
Old 12-11-2005, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kungpaosamuraiii, Thanks dude, that is exactly the kind of information I am looking for. I really appreciate your input and will be keeping a close look at the ring. I can’t believe they will break around 10psi. In respect to the 15+psi daily driven, well I will let you know when I get there, Thanks again for the info. And yes it is a bit expensive but you know how it is “How fast you want to go depends on how much money you have to spend”

Rick C.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Keep on trucking man!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member