Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Weird issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Why? What's wrong with your throttle body?
Lethal.... need I say more... lmao.

They drilled a 3/8 hole in it due to an older ecu setup to help with idle. Been digging deeper. I need to replace my jumper harness (I have an AEM one) or just buy the entire replacement from Boomslang. I found out it had two broken pins so the shop tapped into my oem harness :thumbdown: without telling me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Lethal.... need I say more... lmao.

They drilled a 3/8 hole in it due to an older ecu setup to help with idle. Been digging deeper. I need to replace my jumper harness (I have an AEM one) or just buy the entire replacement from Boomslang. I found out it had two broken pins so the shop tapped into my oem harness :thumbdown: without telling me.

WTF? You know this makes me nervous knowing that the head I bought from Brian was built by Lethal. Definitely going to have PTuning do a once over with it to make sure it's legit.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
WTF? You know this makes me nervous knowing that the head I bought from Brian was built by Lethal. Definitely going to have PTuning do a once over with it to make sure it's legit.
they didn't do it themselves except for maybe the valve adjustment. They sent it to a head shop (no pun intended). PRS machine shop checked and tested mine everything was perfect without them touching it.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

It happened again. This is all the car is doing: drive somewhere (far enough the operating temp is reached), stop and go in to the store long enough to pick up several items, come back out, it will not start. The only way to get it start is to completely unplug the piggyback and plug in the stock ecu, crank the engine, it starts and dies. Then plug back in the piggyback and drive away. It seems to me its something with the crank signal.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Problem solved! I should have knew it was more then the tune. I just thought about this now but when this issue started my egts were 200-300 degrees colder, my afr was really rich. The car acted up bad a week ago and would not start once at operating temp even with unplugging emanage, staring car only on stock ecu (it still started on stock ecu) and plugging it back in the new emanage would not work. I decided to plug in the "bad emanage" (or so I was told), uploaded my tune to it, and it works fine. Im so relieved it was this simple.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Tom0613 you may want to see if you know someone with the same haltech to see if they will let you test it on yours.

Forgot to mention in last post my short and long term fuel trims when originally tuned were within 1-3%, once this issue started the long-term was 16%.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackKnight
Problem solved! I should have knew it was more then the tune. I just thought about this now but when this issue started my egts were 200-300 degrees colder, my afr was really rich. The car acted up bad a week ago and would not start once at operating temp even with unplugging emanage, staring car only on stock ecu (it still started on stock ecu) and plugging it back in the new emanage would not work. I decided to plug in the "bad emanage" (or so I was told), uploaded my tune to it, and it works fine. Im so relieved it was this simple.

Refresher....so you have two Emanage's? Someone told you one was bad and you bought another...can't remember.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Yes PRS told me it was bad so I sent a replacement.