Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

what ems are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default what ems are you guys using?

I was wondering what ems system are you using? Greddy Emanage, Unichip, AEM, Motech, etc... What kind of engine mods do you? and if you can upload the data you have saved in your ems. Im curious what kind of setting everyone has in their ems. And what type to display you have (wideband, boost, egt, water, etc.)

Here my spec:
Greddy Turbo Custom turbo kit
RC 550 Injectors
Greddy RS Bov recirculated
3" in down pipe
3" custom cat back exhaust/ magnaflow high flow cat/ 2 magnaflow resonator
Greddy Blue Emanage
Zeitronix Wideband/boost/egt w/ lcd display

i'll upload my ems data later on tonight. but im pretty much using the greddy pretuned setting with a little bit of tweak to get the 550 injector to run in a good mixture and not so much as pig rich
Old 12-19-2006, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well I going to be using the Greddy E-manage Ultimate and see what I can get out of it with the simple bolt-on mods there are for the tC. Also try to achieve 14.9 at least with me driving (READ: Crappy Driver :D)

Mods:
Option Racing Cold Air Intake, Alphawerks Header, 2.5" Custom Complete Exhaust with Borla Muffler, and Magnaflow 32" Resonator, NST Underdriven Pulley, Ingalls ETD. Scion Life DIY Catch Can, High Flow Air Filter for CAI. Throttle Body Spacer, Silicon Samco Coolant Hoses. Coolant Bypass on TB, Valve breather. Soon to be installed: Greddy`s E-manage Ultimate with Boomslang Harness (knock+air). Dezod`s Partial Throttle Tuning BB, Megan Oil Pressure and EGTs Gauges. 93 octane Gas.

EDIT: I just saw this is in Forced Induction.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SAFC-II with dezod black box (soon)

specs:
SP turbo kit with all the extras
hks ssqv
that's all im given out.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

E-Manage Ultimate Here.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here what im running as of now. haven't really touch anything else. but im looking to see has anyone done the timing? and can you post up some pics.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to run S-AFC II or S-AFC Neo on my NA tC. Anyone have experience with NA tuning with the AFC?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i kno a guy that dyno tunes really well with the safc
Old 12-24-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow wow wow.

i can only recommend Emanage Ultimate for the tC, and any car that does not have the standalone option. (if AEM is working, then i'd also recommend that)

SAFC/VAFC's are the thing of the past and used for older cars that are willing to have their map/maf and other signals modified. However, with newer cars and newer ECU advancements, these cars are not willing to accept modified signals of AFC's as willingly.

emanage blue has worked out ok for some, but i do not recommend it, but still better than any AFC hacks.

Piggy Back controllers allow stock ECUs to do things that they normally can't do, like run larger injectors or deal with boost. Remember that piggyback controllers work by altering sensor signals before they get to the ECU.

Most of the time, the primary signal being messed with is the Map Sensor. This is critically important in a Speed Density car. The Map Sensor is used by the ECU to guess how much air is going into the car, and therefore how much fuel to supply in order to match airflow. When you "lean" out a car with an AFC, you are simply decreasing the Map/maf Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the decrease in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel. When you "richen" a car with an AFC, you are simply increasing the Map/maf Sensor signal - the ECU responds to the increase in manifold pressure by supplying less fuel.

The change in fueling happens for a reason: if you look at a fuel table, Map/Maf Sensor values correspond with columns. When you increase or decrease the signal from the Map Sensor, you are simply making the ECU use a different column than it originally would have used. (see Understanding Maps if you need some help understanding reading Fuel and Ign tables)

But wait, isn't the Map Sensor used for determining ignition requirements too? When you "lean" out a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood advanced timing. When you "richen" a car with a Piggy Back, you also in all likelyhood retarded timing. Look at trends horizontally (as MAP changes) in an ignition table, and you will see why this happens. This helps explain why so many boosted cars running on the "AFC hack" have issues due to excessive ignition advance.

The bottom line: Piggy Back Controllers suck because you cannot independently adjust fuel and ignition. Any changes to fueling will produce a change in ignition too, and often this is undesirable.

Just some education for those who dont know..