Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

What I've Been up to... **NOW WITH PICS! (Pg 2)**

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See you later today bro.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well done sir! Be sure to post any and all tx2k12 kills and Dyno vid!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately only two solid kills, however I tend to pick on fast cars lol. Here are a few of the runs - 600cc bike, 2011 600+whp Vortec 5.0 Mustang, 600whp turbo C6, and ummm a stock 2012 5.0 Mustang lol. Good kills on the bike and stock mustang (well duh), should have gotten a kill on the turbo C6 but we couldnt get a clean run. The Vortec 5.0 I lost by about 2 cars. The Vortec 5.0 and 600cc bike were on 25 psi. Tonight I got the ***** to turn it up to 28-29 psi which is where it was at when running the vette. The stock 5.0 was on 25psi but I didnt even drop the gear down and still drug it by busses. I was supposed to get a run in with a 600whp GTR, but do to some traffic, things didnt quite work out. Still hope to get that run in sometime, on 29psi I think itd be a hell of a race.

There are vids of everything except the stock 5.0 - once I get back to OKC tommorow I hope to get all the clips together and try to put together my own little TX2K12 video
Old 03-18-2012, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought you got arrested cause i havnt heard from ya...lol
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha sorry - unfortunately I just made it home but the car did not. About halfway home I went to get on it about half throttle to pass someone on the freeway and it blew a bunch of white smoke and the coolant temp went max hot. I pulled over, and come to find out, the bottom drain plug on my brand new Mishimoto radiator had somehow had the oring come off of it, causing a massive coolant leak, and finally resulting in a blown head gasket. It ended up being almost a gallon low. Im assuming it had been leaking for a few miles, and the reason the gauge didnt register it climbing was because the coolant level got low enough, quick enough that it was no longer submerged in coolant until I gave it some throttle.

I hold Mishimoto 100% responsible for this, their drain and purge plugs are of a very bad design and they need to make a change to this. I plan to contact them tommorow and request they compensate me, how far this will get, I have no idea, but its an obvious product failure due to a design flaw. Now that its happened to me, I searched around and found numerous other people complaining of drain plugs leaking, however I guess they were lucky enough for it not to be catastrophic.

I first wanted to part out the car, but after seeing how it performed this weekend, i cant help but just want to fix it. Im hoping the head/block are ok, and simply putting in ANOTHER head gasket, and if needed resurface the head, will be enough. Ill post updates, oh and some awesome video from this weekend, soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude...
Old 03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Haha sorry - unfortunately I just made it home but the car did not. About halfway home I went to get on it about half throttle to pass someone on the freeway and it blew a bunch of white smoke and the coolant temp went max hot. I pulled over, and come to find out, the bottom drain plug on my brand new Mishimoto radiator had somehow had the oring come off of it, causing a massive coolant leak, and finally resulting in a blown head gasket. It ended up being almost a gallon low. Im assuming it had been leaking for a few miles, and the reason the gauge didnt register it climbing was because the coolant level got low enough, quick enough that it was no longer submerged in coolant until I gave it some throttle.

I hold Mishimoto 100% responsible for this, their drain and purge plugs are of a very bad design and they need to make a change to this. I plan to contact them tommorow and request they compensate me, how far this will get, I have no idea, but its an obvious product failure due to a design flaw. Now that its happened to me, I searched around and found numerous other people complaining of drain plugs leaking, however I guess they were lucky enough for it not to be catastrophic.

I first wanted to part out the car, but after seeing how it performed this weekend, i cant help but just want to fix it. Im hoping the head/block are ok, and simply putting in ANOTHER head gasket, and if needed resurface the head, will be enough. Ill post updates, oh and some awesome video from this weekend, soon.
damn bro wtf man sorry to hear i can only imagine how much that must suck. So im am assuming youd advise to stay away from thier radiator. have thew oem one right now but was thinking about upgrading but after hearing this im not so sure i will upgrade as my car runs great with the oem radiator keep us posted on what mishimoto claims thanks man good luck and hopefully nothing is wrong other than the hg
Old 03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Man forget mishicrapo. Everyone complains about their products. I don't know how the company exists

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg

those cheap ___ o rubber rings suck i had to change mine as well.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

mish radiators have been a problem for quite some time now...had a couple of guys around that have it and had problems with leakage. peep koyo and read some reviews on them. got a buddy who runs the koyo rad. Iv thought about running one myself but im not in that big of a need for an aftermarket rad.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
Man forget mishicrapo. Everyone complains about their products. I don't know how the company exists

intercoolers...thats about it. I still have my mish intercooler and going strong...just dont get painted..ugh. crap will chip and peel quick.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thendawgs car performed flawless this weekend. you guys should of heard the turbo vettes response wen he realized he was racing a scion lol.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep us updated on what mishimoto says.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far no luck, I was passed around a few times and ran out of patience and hung up. Im planning to call again later. The car should be making its return in a couple weeks. We have several big shows coming up in about 3 weeks. I plan to go ahead and tear down the short block and maybe toss new bearings in along with checking piston to wall clearance and ring end gaps while Im at it. Since Ive got it torn apart, may as well make sure everything is fine bottom end wise.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Gl man I hope it goes smooth. Check your water pump and oil pump while you're at it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im starting to feel like a real race team... Run my car on the weekend, rebuild it during the week. lol Unfortunately I dont have sponsors
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and using the EMS for boost control is amazing. I started with boost by gear, but quickly found out boost by vss seemed to work much better. The way I have it right now, it runs wastegate pressure up until 45mph, than ramps to 22psi at 70, than from 70-85 ramps from 22psi to 28psi.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

How well does traction hold?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am still kinda shocked how hard it pulled last weekend.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tiny bit of spin, but for the most part it does very well. Keep in mind, this is all from 60-70 rolls (The only thing anyone does at TX2K lol). The BFG drag radials actually hook quite well for what they are. Feel free to believe me or not, and I know the boost by speed helps, but I swear they hook better than the damn M/T ET Street Radials I had last summer. 1st/2nd are still useless as normal even with the boost by speed having them set at wastegate pressure. (19-20 psi)

Quick Reply: What I've Been up to... **NOW WITH PICS! (Pg 2)**