Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

What I've Been up to... **NOW WITH PICS! (Pg 2)**

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks alot better...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soo I currently have a filter directly on the turbo, but it fits like ____. Anyone know if Ill take a hit on spool time / performance by doing a 3" intake pipe on the turbo? (the 6262 has a 4" intake) The intake pipe will prolly only be 18-20" long.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

just an idea and idk if you have room (tried to see from your pics on page two) but perhaps a 4" 90 and point the 90 down and strap a filter on. or offset under the batt tray.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats funny i got rid of my xb for a tundra to. i got a 08 tundra. i miss my xb but my truck is more realistic and i dont have to drive my geo tracker in the winter anymore. it can be a task the geo sucks any plans for the truck?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry just saw plans for your truck mine is the same color also. i have the alloy wheels thought. i have tint, bed liner, tool box, gun rack, weather tech mats, husky bed mat, kandn intake, 3 inch front lift with add a leaf and rear block so about 4 inch rear lift im going with 295/70/18 on the stock wheels if you go wider wheels say goodbye to your paint it kills that will be down to bare metal on your doors very soon my buddy says its his biggest regret he had to clear bra his whole fender and door and breaks his own windsheild often
Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Air will flow a lot better, smoother and faster through a pipe. Get yourself some 3"-4" tubing and a nice sized filter element and get that turbo breathing. PM me if you need anything. I have some 3.5" alumimum tubing to offer for CHEAP.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooo, car is still running good - 2100 mi on the motor - however, now I have the first ever 4 on the floor scion tc LOL - the other day my car started popping out of 5th, than last night it wouldnt stay in 5th whatsoever. Now I only have 1-4 lol. Oh well with 7200rpm rev limit, 5th gear isnt needed much I have another tranny just laying around, but I do not have the motivation any time soon to drop the tranny and swap. However, Ive heard from some folks it may be possible to swap the 5th gear/synchros without dropping the tranny. Apparently all the 5th gear assemblies in the tranny are accessible by removing the pan on the end of the tranny. Has anyone ever attempted this? Oh btw, got everything in the engine bay painted BCP - will post some pics later - it looks awesome
Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I never even thought about that. It is true though, 5th is assembled/accessed through the oil pan. From my knowledge you should be able to re-assemble it without dropping the trans out completely. Make sure you get to Toyota though and buy that nut that's on the end cause once you remove it, you will not want to use the same one again as it is staked in.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea - Im hoping not to need to take that nut off - thats the output shaft - Im thinking it should just be the synchros/shift hub which is on the input shaft. I HATE unstaking those stupid things lol. Im gunna tear apart my spare 5 speed tonight and see how difficult it is to get the parts off the input shaft that I need (I have 0 internal experience with our 5 speed lol), but this doesnt really look that bad as long as Im careful to reassemble it correctly. Ive torn down / reassembled quite a few manual tranny's (fwd and rwd) so Im thinking this shouldnt be too bad. Also I found jester's 5 speed assembly thread which has some great pics of how it comes apart - that along with the service manual is making this seem like it may be quite less painful than I was thinking this issue was going to be.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also, Ive heard this has happened to a few people, so I plan to document this fairly well with pictures, and if successful (hopefully), Ill do a writeup on it to help others out.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Air will flow a lot better, smoother and faster through a pipe. Get yourself some 3"-4" tubing and a nice sized filter element and get that turbo breathing. PM me if you need anything. I have some 3.5" alumimum tubing to offer for CHEAP.
Any 4"? I need about a foot of straight alum
Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by trd07tc
Any 4"? I need about a foot of straight alum
Happy Birthday! I can help, but it won't be as cheap...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Happy Birthday! I can help, but it won't be as cheap...
hey thanks

pm me a price to 12547
Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

just make sure to re-install the reverse gear lever on the second gear (idler) grove and not under like I did U'll have a new gear in neutral if you do
Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Highly doubt you are going to get anywhere without taking the nut off.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by trd07tc
hey thanks

pm me a price to 12547
PM sent.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive swapped 5th without dropping, you must lower that side of motor though.

The popping out is from the Hub, Sleeve, and sycro. Just take the whole assembly off the other trans, and stop power shifting 5th gear ;)
Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha yeah, Ive hit 5th gear hard a couple times and I guess thats all it took I pulled the gear, hub, sleeve, and synchro off the donor tranny last night. TBH this doesnt look like its gunna be that bad - worst case if i need to lower the motor a bit ill just put a jack under it and pop out the side motor mount and front bolt - shouldnt be too bad at all. Ill try to take some pics tonight and let yall know how it turns out.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thendawg
Haha yeah, Ive hit 5th gear hard a couple times and I guess thats all it took I pulled the gear, hub, sleeve, and synchro off the donor tranny last night. TBH this doesnt look like its gunna be that bad - worst case if i need to lower the motor a bit ill just put a jack under it and pop out the side motor mount and front bolt - shouldnt be too bad at all. Ill try to take some pics tonight and let yall know how it turns out.
Hit the nail on the head bud! Simple job, pita to get it to it at first! Its nice to have 5th, i went a year 12k miles with a 5th gear that would pop out! Now, i swap them in 30 min lol!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL Im hoping to make this an under 2 hr job lol - I feel like just when I think Ive done everything I can do on this car, I find something new I have to tackle lol. BTW how much did you have to lower the driver side of the tranny? I was thinking about popping the bolt out of the driver side mount, and the top bolt out of the pass side mount, than using a jack under the oil pan on the motor to raise that side, which should cause it to pivot and slightly lower the tranny side.

Quick Reply: What I've Been up to... **NOW WITH PICS! (Pg 2)**