Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Wideband during 2step launch

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Gotcha. Figured it had to be for something else, because it's useless for Time Attack lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
trust me.. it works veryy well! Mine sounds like a 357 mag going off! people usually dont try after i hit the 2 step!

LOL....word, need to see that look on someones face. We had an AutoX this past Sunday. And I'm always getting people telling me that my car sounds like an STI/WRX. I just shrugged it off mostly until this weekend. There were 3 Subies at the AutoX and one started up, and then I started my tC, and sure enough, same pitch/tone/gurggle. Very interesting....
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Gotcha. Figured it had to be for something else, because it's useless for Time Attack lol.

No doubt.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
trust me.. it works veryy well! Mine sounds like a 357 mag going off! people usually dont try after i hit the 2 step!

LOL....word, need to see that look on someones face. We had an AutoX this past Sunday. And I'm always getting people telling me that my car sounds like an STI/WRX. I just shrugged it off mostly until this weekend. There were 3 Subies at the AutoX and one started up, and then I started my tC, and sure enough, same pitch/tone/gurggle. Very interesting....
The PTuning exhaust has the same low gurgle sound that Subi's have too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwKY...e=channel_page

:D
Old 06-15-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

nice vid haha.. but yeah that 2 step made a lil eclipse shut up when i was in front of him and he was revving on me on a damn traffic lmao... i hope i wasnt throwing flames on his front end bahaha
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The PTuning exhaust has the same low gurgle sound that Subi's have too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwKY...e=channel_page

:D

I'm going to get the PTuning exhaust, but it's not going to be the same as the rest, cause I'm going to have them run a different muffler on the end, and take out the one in the center.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

2step sounds great on ptuning exhaust
Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I tweaked it just a little bit. Now the wideband reads around 16 A/F. Goes from rich when it starts to hit, and then leans out and bogs. I couldn't tweak it further, cause the damn laptop battery was dead. I'll give it another few tweaks to richen it up some more. At least it's no more off the chart "------". Still not good enough to take off though....lol. Bop Bop Bop....bbummmdahh...lol
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, just tweaked it some more, and realized that when I hit the 2step and I don't launch the car, the 2step will go to "----" on the wideband. If I launch it as soon as I hear the 2step engage, then my A/F is around high 13's. LOL....factory scion tires don't go anywhere though even with an LSD. Sat there spinning for sure. Man I can't wait to get new tires. I will try and feather the clutch at the drag strip and see what I can click off with the 2step and my 3 year old worn out drag radials. I still haven't replaced those yet...lol. One tire looks like a slick and one looks new from my non-LSD days.

It's suppose to rain all week though...just my luck.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Just curious Travis, but why are you running a two-step? Aren't you setting up for TA?

He's secretly in a race with meh

jk jk

Im sure its just one of those.. if i have it let me use it!

Time Attack is priority #1. BUT.....I drag and AutoX while waiting for the Time Attack events to get here. I have to fill that itch to race something. So, the 1/8th mile track is closest thing, and its opened every weekend. Auto X is every other weekend, and Time Attack days are about a month apart. I can't wait that damn long to smash the gas. So, got to do something....

And yeah, if you got it, and your a racer....who the hell wouldn't set it up, even if it was just for the cool factor.....lol.
crap trav you got another engine waiting in the wings...as much racing as your doing im supprised your running at all...

i feel ya on the n/a thing I mis the track
Old 06-16-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
Just curious Travis, but why are you running a two-step? Aren't you setting up for TA?

He's secretly in a race with meh

jk jk

Im sure its just one of those.. if i have it let me use it!

Time Attack is priority #1. BUT.....I drag and AutoX while waiting for the Time Attack events to get here. I have to fill that itch to race something. So, the 1/8th mile track is closest thing, and its opened every weekend. Auto X is every other weekend, and Time Attack days are about a month apart. I can't wait that damn long to smash the gas. So, got to do something....

And yeah, if you got it, and your a racer....who the hell wouldn't set it up, even if it was just for the cool factor.....lol.
crap trav you got another engine waiting in the wings...as much racing as your doing im supprised your running at all...

i feel ya on the n/a thing I mis the track

I AM on the other engine....lol. This one was dropped in probably about a month an a half ago, and I've been running on it. It had 22k miles on it when I dropped it in. Other motor will be parted out and sold to add money into the turbo fund, that I have yet to officially start still.....LOL.

But yeah, the car see's that much action, and doubles as a daily driver with a child's Recaro seat in the back.

I miss my boost.... Went to the local spot this weekend just to see who was out, and a guy came up to me and my brother-in-law to chat. And then he ask me if it was true that I had the fastest tC in Middle TN. I have to keep up with my rep....
Old 06-16-2009, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

elevation your running a greddy right ? what are you talking bout when you mention aem pro ?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
elevation your running a greddy right ? what are you talking bout when you mention aem pro ?

Heck no man, he's running the AEM Standalone.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok gotcha, just making sure man. I wonder if I should just save for a stand alone and skip the fi/c or e ult,
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Depends on what you want I reckon. Going to cost a lot more to have a Standalone tuned as well, so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that if you live where emissions are prevalent, then a Standalone will not be an option for you, as they do not past emissions test.