Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2008 tC factory Pioneer subwoofer info

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Dude... it worked! .... if you know your settings that would be cool.... but now that I have found the control over this thing, I will have a tougher decision to either keep the 6 and have all of my trunk space... or install my 12" sub and amp that sound kick a$$ but take up most of my trunk space.... hmmm what to do.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
Dude... it worked! .... if you know your settings that would be cool.... but now that I have found the control over this thing, I will have a tougher decision to either keep the 6 and have all of my trunk space... or install my 12" sub and amp that sound kick a$$ but take up most of my trunk space.... hmmm what to do.
Sorry I forgot.lol Here's what I got.

I have it set for tc (that is in the menu when turning the power off)

ASL off

SRT ON

Bass +2

Treble +5 (that's all the way up)

Phase normal +6 (this is sub setting)

On on rock I sometime kick the bass down to -2 but it just depends on the song. Since I turned off the ASL it doesn't seem like I change the bass down much anymore for the rock.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, you can also play with the setting and set it up for a xB or xD. I know in the older radios it sounded better with the xB setting with just the stock speakers.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

thanks man.... I'll plug that in and see *listen* how that sounds.
I agree on the ASL .... sometimes it's nice....but mostly it gets in the way.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Drew.... yeah I figured there had to be control of it somewhere. I just think it was crappy of Scion to not include that in the prem. manual. Well, at least when I read it I didnt see that. Generally when you have to turn the head unit off and press certain buttons... that's the sign of an easter egg, not a reg. function. Like how you can make the older scion head units display Scion in Japanese.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/quote]

^^^Where do you get something like that? Any websites to reccomend?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Beckaz tc....
That's generally custom unless you have an '08 like mine. Not sure if that was avail. for 07 or not. But if you dont find anything.... just take these photos on here to your local custom shop and I'm sure they could easily hook you up.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I Have an 08! So where is this available? ^
Oh, and btw etsnet, what's this: Phase normal +6 (this is sub setting) ? How do I get to this? I've seen all the other settings and tuned them pretty similar but never seen this option come up?!?!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I've seen it come up on mine.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I think what he's referring to is there is a Normal mode and Reverse mode as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which button do I press though to get it to Phase normal so i can adjust it to +6??
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

you use the toggle controller switch that you use to change the other settings. If you move it far enough in one direction it will switch from Normal to Reverse.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Now Im not sure if the Reverse mode means the reverse of current through the coil for like when someone setsup 2 subs physically facing each other where it pushes more bass out the back of the other..and the current is reversed in one. But that's just a quess because there's only 1 sub in our cars... Im just learning the settings since etsnet showed me how to access the sub functions.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a little weird, I go through my settings all the time but have never seen an option for that one. Hmmm will have to go look now
Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM

What does SRT stand for and why can't I turn it on
Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I'll take a peek at mine so I can post how to do that.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Beckaz_tC, you can get a box like the one you post from here http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=465

Also the setting for the phase normal and reverse would be on the '08 Premium radio not sure if it's on the regular or not.

To get that on the premium radio, you have to turn the power off to the radio (car power on) and hold the menu button. after a few seconds a "hidden" menu will come up and just turn on subwoofer control. Once this is down you can turn it back on and control the sub in the regular menu.

To reverse it you would just push the **** in and it will reverse when in the sub settings.

Greedy9, I forget what SRT means but you should be able to turn it on when a CD is playing. You can have different setting for CD, Radio, ipod, and aux.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by etsnet
Beckaz_tC, you can get a box like the one you post from here http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=465

Also the setting for the phase normal and reverse would be on the '08 Premium radio not sure if it's on the regular or not.

To get that on the premium radio, you have to turn the power off to the radio (car power on) and hold the menu button. after a few seconds a "hidden" menu will come up and just turn on subwoofer control. Once this is down you can turn it back on and control the sub in the regular menu.

To reverse it you would just push the **** in and it will reverse when in the sub settings.

So do you think the SRT is a function that is only used when you physically have a CD in the drive of the deck? If you find out let us know .... also, controlling the sub's settings.... makes me think I'm not gonna put my 12"s and amps back in this one. Granted the 6 or is it 6.5? ... wont make your ears numb by any means... I think it sounds decent for what it is... and a good compromise of sound and keeping/having actual trunk space.
One last thing for this post... do you happen to know what the difference between the Normal and Reverse modes actually do? I tried both of them and there is a very subtle difference but dont know what it's actually doing. :D

Greedy9, I forget what SRT means but you should be able to turn it on when a CD is playing. You can have different setting for CD, Radio, ipod, and aux.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

So do you think the SRT is a function that is only used when you physically have a CD in the drive of the deck? If you find out let us know .... also, controlling the sub's settings.... makes me think I'm not gonna put my 12"s and amps back in this one. Granted the 6 or is it 6.5? ... wont make your ears numb by any means... I think it sounds decent for what it is... and a good compromise of sound and keeping/having actual trunk space.
One last thing for this post... do you happen to know what the difference between the Normal and Reverse modes actually do? I tried both of them and there is a very subtle difference but dont know what it's actually doing.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

sorry for the re-post... dont know why it put my text in the same box. Just wanted to clarify my portion of the new post :D lol
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
Now Im not sure if the Reverse mode means the reverse of current through the coil for like when someone setsup 2 subs physically facing each other where it pushes more bass out the back of the other..and the current is reversed in one.
What you described (sort of) is known as an "isobaric" configuration, just fyi in case anyone was interested.

Quick Reply: 2008 tC factory Pioneer subwoofer info