Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Amp install help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member

Default Amp install help!

Okay, I just have no clue anymore...this is what's happening. I went to install my sub/amp today. I'm not an expert at these things, but it's not a hard install. I've done it before and it worked fine. This is how I have it configured:

I ran the power from the positive terminal on my battery to the trunk, and plugged it into the 12V terminal on the amp. I took another wire, and grounded it to the chassis of the car. For the remote lead, since I'm using my stock head unit, I hooked up to the HU via this converter that I bought online that has remote lead/RCA outputs. My amp will not power on! The only thing I can think of, is that the remote lead is bad. But this is what else I want to know: If I completely skip the remote, meaning, I plug in the 12V and Ground, but the leave the remote terminal empty, will that configuration work??? This is REALLY frustrating and I want to know what I'm doing wrong. ANY ideas guys????
Old 06-07-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you need the remote wire hooked up to turn the AMP on. You also need to hook the remote wire up the HU not that line out converter, thats only to recieve high signals and convert them to low signals for the RCAs. Hook that remote wire up directly to the HU, can't tell you which wire cause I haven't done a sytem in my tC yet.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

no you need a remote turn on switch personally i would track down your accessory wire behind the head unit and tap into that... then i would run it over to that blank panel on the left side of the steering wheel and run it through an on/off switch... then to the amp... bingo your remote turn on, and if you turn the head unit off flip the switch off so you dont get reverb from your subwoofer