Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Best Security System on the Market?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Best Security System on the Market?

I am gonna be investing in my 07 SW tC soon and I want the best security system on the market. I want the loudest alarms, the best kill stuff, etc.

Then I came across with this:
http://www.compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm

The 2WSS-AS (with remoete start) looks REALLY good. What you guys think of this?

I did the search, didn't find much info on these besides the Scion Security SUCKS!!

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. I look forward to getting some feedback.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A bodyguard watching your car 24/7 seriously tho alarms wont stop thieves if they want it bad enough they'll get it...
Old 06-12-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vizion
A bodyguard watching your car 24/7 seriously tho alarms wont stop thieves if they want it bad enough they'll get it...
Haha, I can try to make the alarm so loud, it'll hurt their damn ears and the only way it'll come off is if I turn it off. Seriously, I want the BEST system. I'm only 19 and can't afford to have this happen to me.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Haha, I can try to make the alarm so loud, it'll hurt their damn ears and the only way it'll come off is if I turn it off. Seriously, I want the BEST system. I'm only 19 and can't afford to have this happen to me.
Read this article its pretty good: http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/index.html
Old 06-12-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Read this article its pretty good: http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/index.html
Hmm, interesting, I just want something that'll just lock the engine, impossible to hot-wire it, start it, etc.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, interesting, I just want something that'll just lock the engine, impossible to hot-wire it, start it, etc.
Well you dont have to worry about that since the car comes with a built in engine immobilizer, which means if u dont have the key you cant start the car
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, hot-wiring is not possible? And I gotta get some wheel locks for the rims I will be getting, how effective are they?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

The tC has a standard Immobilizer which prevents it from be started without one of the 3 coded keys (yes, it works) that come with the car. Car alarms are worthless, easily cut, and just plain annoying. Your best bet is to get a GPS tracking system that alerts you when you car has been moved without the key, stealing cars by tow truck (because of Immobilizers) is becoming more common.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, hot-wiring is not possible? And I gotta get some wheel locks for the rims I will be getting, how effective are they?
Im not 100% positive on that but i think its not possible because the key has a special built in chip inside and the car reads that. AND if your getting rims yes wheel locks are a must if u dont wanna get jacked.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im not 100% positive on that but i think its not possible because the key has a special built in chip inside and the car reads that if your getting rims yes wheel locks are a must if u dont wanna get jacked
chips inside wheel locks?

as has been stated, if they want it, they'll get it. wheel locks will deter amateurs because difficulty will be raised, but anyone out to get them will get them.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brian
Im not 100% positive on that but i think its not possible because the key has a special built in chip inside and the car reads that if your getting rims yes wheel locks are a must if u dont wanna get jacked
chips inside wheel locks?

as has been stated, if they want it, they'll get it. wheel locks will deter amateurs because difficulty will be raised, but anyone out to get them will get them.
He was starting a new topic where he said IF...

And I will probably do the wheel locks for extra safety.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the viper 791xv is a good alarm and im selling it for $310 shipped... brand new.. its a $600 alarm..
Old 06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Can't go wrong with a 791XV, I just got one and it rocks!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member

Here is a link I found for the 791VX for $189.99 http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?P...odID=1027&HS=1
Old 06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

^^^ I have one of those, and it is very good! highly recommend getting the backup battery, and if you are worried about someone trying to hotwire your car, then get the piezo siren. Have it installed by the steering column. When the alarm goes off, this siren is loud as hell, and will make it extremely difficult for someone to stick their head there to try to hotwire anything.

You can also do what I do, and have the alarm installed inside the dash. The brain and backup battery is installed so far inside the dash, you have to take apart the dash, the instrument cluster, and some more parts before you get close! But then again, I installed it myself (installers don't normally do this.)
Old 06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Buy a gun.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are there any systems out there that can use the remote thats already on the key?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01
^^^ I have one of those, and it is very good! highly recommend getting the backup battery, and if you are worried about someone trying to hotwire your car, then get the piezo siren. Have it installed by the steering column. When the alarm goes off, this siren is loud as hell, and will make it extremely difficult for someone to stick their head there to try to hotwire anything.

You can also do what I do, and have the alarm installed inside the dash. The brain and backup battery is installed so far inside the dash, you have to take apart the dash, the instrument cluster, and some more parts before you get close! But then again, I installed it myself (installers don't normally do this.)
I'm not so fond of taking the gauge cluster off...

But the Viper 719xv looks VERY interesting...
Can anyone give me the pros and cons for these???
Old 06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

^^^

Lol, I must have answered this questions a couple times. The factory unit can't communicate with an aftermarket system. If you can somehow put the aftermarket alarm remote components into the factory key, then you might be able to get it to work.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01
^^^

Lol, I must have answered this questions a couple times. The factory unit can't communicate with an aftermarket system. If you can somehow put the aftermarket alarm remote components into the factory key, then you might be able to get it to work.
I don't get it?

Do you mean if you have the Scion Security, you can't use this?

Quick Reply: Best Security System on the Market?