Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

blower motor OOC

Old 04-10-2011, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default blower motor OOC

I noticed the cabin has been smelling musty especially when the fan's on, worst on rainy days. Make things worst, everytime the fan got turned on, there's a rumbling noise gets louder as the fan turns up higher and went away as soon as the fan was turned off. Finally decided to google and pop open the blower motor and this is what I found today....

You believe this sheet?

The lint clogged up the entire blade chamber, totally out of control! Emptied out all the lint, the musty burning smell and the rumbling noise all gone. 0.5 hr spent saved me over $100 at the st-dealer...
Attached Thumbnails blower motor OOC-blower_before.jpg   blower motor OOC-blower_after.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by excessads
I noticed the cabin has been smelling musty especially when the fan's on, worst on rainy days. Make things worst, everytime the fan got turned on, there's a rumbling noise gets louder as the fan turns up higher and went away as soon as the fan was turned off. Finally decided to google and pop open the blower motor and this is what I found today....

You believe this sheet?

The lint clogged up the entire blade chamber, totally out of control! Emptied out all the lint, the musty burning smell and the rumbling noise all gone. 0.5 hr spent saved me over $100 at the st-dealer...

wow bro, what are you doing?? using your hvac to dry your clothes? that looks like link from a dryer vent! wow

sounds like it's time you start using a cabin air filter in the slot provided, do a search there's a huge thread on it.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
wow bro, what are you doing?? using your hvac to dry your clothes? that looks like link from a dryer vent! wow

sounds like it's time you start using a cabin air filter in the slot provided, do a search there's a huge thread on it.
exactly! That's what I was thinking, Dryer vent/shop vac! in cabin filter is def. the next install in line!