Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clutch pedal Too Close to Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Clutch pedal Too Close to Brake Pedal

I noticed this the first time i got in the car, didn't think too much of it, and thought i'd eventually get used to it. I did, but i still think its just in a weird place. IMO both the clutch and brake pedals should be moved left a bit, at least the clutch. My foot is much more comfortable resting on the foot rest (next to kick panel)..when i clutch i have to squeeze me legs together, and sometimes while i'm braking the side of my foot touches the accelerator.

I've also developed some nasty callouses/plantar warts on my clutch foot due to the angle of the pedal coming up so high that when i depress it, my heel is actually floating in the air, leaving the top of my foot to apply all the pedal pressure.

I can live with it, its just weird and a bit annoying sometimes.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeh i feel the same way, i'm a shoter guy 5'4 but i have really wide feet. i find myself accidently pressing the break along with the clutch
Old 05-20-2006, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heat it up with a torch and bend it to where you want it.

other than that, deal with it. sorry
i've never had trouble with it
Old 05-20-2006, 06:03 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

<<--- had no problems... and have bigger pedals added on too.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've caught myself twice under heavy braking with the clutch disengaged (as in driving along in 4th, oops gotta stop quick, clutch in, full brake on, oops foot's hitting the gas making rpms rise high)

Could be from my big work shoes, but haven't had any problems with clutch and brake.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Otocan
I've caught myself twice under heavy braking with the clutch disengaged (as in driving along in 4th, oops gotta stop quick, clutch in, full brake on, oops foot's hitting the gas making rpms rise high)

Could be from my big work shoes, but haven't had any problems with clutch and brake.
exactly! I was wondering why i felt/heard my engine revving, then i realized that the side of my sneaker was clipping the gas pedal. I make a conscious effort not to do that now.

I just think the clutch pedal coulb be 2-3 inches to the left, that way the clutch and brake wouldn't be so close together and your legs wouldn't have to be so close. I mean, look at where the plastic foot rest is!!! Its all the way to the left, if you actually like "resting" your foot there, it has to travel all the way back over to the right to reach the clutch pedal.

"BEND THE PEDAL WITH A WELDING TORCH?!!!" i hope you're not serious. I might as well kiss my warranty goodbye too huh? Maybe i should cut my springs and cut off my muffler too!