Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

cold cathode installation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default cold cathode installation?

Ok, i have searched and searched, and i haven't found anything so i made a thread. and if there is something in the search that i missed, i'm sorry for the repost. but anyway:

I just saw the cold cathode lighting kit for tC's and i must say, I fell in love with them. I've done underbody before, so i have an idea as to how to power them/run them to the battery and whatever, but whast i want to know is how to run the wires to the headliner! I want my car to look like this one:

But I have no idea how to get the cathodes there! I really want to do this, I Have the time to do it now that I'm off school, but this has been boggling me! Do i have to take off the headliner? I need some guidance! I don't have the lights just yet, but gonna order them soon.

Also, how many tubes would I need? I see two in the floor boards (I can do those, lol) two by where the headliner meets the glass, 2 in the sunroof, 1 in the oh sh*t handle, and i'm sure there's more in the back.

Any help is dearly appreciated, and the more detailed, the better. Thank you so much!

-Nick[/img]
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pull the pillars and pull the headliner would be my guess.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by deflaytedwayz1
pull the pillars and pull the headliner would be my guess.
x2

also, be careful b/c sure cathodes like that look amazing at night, but they aren't exactly the prettiest tubes during the day, and those WILL be in your view all the time. $.02
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

one of our guys inthe car club has them inthe sunroof like the picture........he had to pull the pillers and the headliner.........it is a two man job minumum to pull and install and a pain inthe butt...........

But it does look great till one burns out...........so when you do it make sure the transformer is easily getable to remove when reinstalled incase of problems.......other wise you have to take it all back apart.........

also if you have the airbags..........they have differant clips from what he said and can be a pain..........also look into dong LED strips.........they are a bit easier to hide...........and give you more options.