Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Crazy day... the Viper 330v doesn't work???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Crazy day... the Viper 330v doesn't work???

So get this... I take my car at lunch time to Auto Image in Raritan... gives me an ok price... 200 for the viper 330v installed... so I'm like ok put it in. I wanted an alarm that would work off my factory key. The guy was like this will work. I was like ok.

So I go pick it up after work... the guy takes me out to the car... he keeps trying it... tries to press it twice to turn off both the factory and viper system. Doors unlock... opens the door and the alarm goes off. Then you can't turn the thing off!!! Has to put the key in the ignition to turn it off. So I sit there for two hours waiting for them to fix it. They end up saying that the factory system isn't responding. I would have to go to an alarm with a separate remote. Wants to charge me $375 for the Viper 5000... the 2 way pager one without remote start (I have a manual and don't want to risk driving my car into a wall by starting it.) Anyway, so he wants me to bring it back the next day. I got ____ to do and the place isn't near my house so I'm like screw it... so I got them to take it out. Freaking sat there for 2.5 hours waiting for that ____ to get nothing.

Does anyone have the Viper 330v and got it working properly? I have an 07... I don't think that should make a difference... but who knows. It was a pretty crappy day because now I know he probably had a nice time messing up all my wiring and ____. Should I bother to get the viper 5000? Or should I just leave the car stock with the immobilizer. Hit me up if you know why the ____ didn't work. I showed the guy the thread on the install of the hornet 727t or whatever and he said he did everything that it showed.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess no one has it or something.... could someone help me out... I'm a noob with car stuff... so I'm clueless... what should I do? Put in the viper 5000?