Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

ELEMENTAL DESIGN setup HELP HELP HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default ELEMENTAL DESIGN setup HELP HELP HELP

HI everyone,

I want to get the following setup for my tC but I just ran into so many questions (ICE newbie, please be easy on me):

I want to order:

(1) Sq10 subwoofer ($50)
(1) Scion tC Side Mount Sq10 Enclosure ($150)
(1) NINe.2 Amplifier (215)

If you're wondering what I'm talking about: http://www.edesignaudio.com

1) First and foremost, my first question is...is there any discrepancy's with this certain setup?
2) With the Sq10 subwoofer, whats the difference between "Single 2 Voice Coils" and "Single 4 Voice Coils"?
3) With the Amplifier, whats the difference between the "NINe.2" and the "NINe.4"?
4) Will there be any negative or positive effects in terms of quality if mixing and combing the "2's" and "4's" in amplifiers and subwoofers combinations? (For example: a NINe.2 amp with a 4 voice coil subwoofer)
----
5) What I really want is 2 sq10 subwoofers in the back? Can 2 sq10 enclosures fit well in the back or is it really meant for 1 enclosure?
6) Can I even connect 2 subs to the type of amp i plan on purchasing w/o no problem?
7) Do I need to buy any separate accessories or parts or wires for the above setup? (a friend is installing it for me)
And can any1 get me a discount for being a scionlife.com member lol. sorry i'm a poor college student

please feel free to add any suggestions to my setup ! thanks !!!SOORY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS
Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1) First and foremost, my first question is...is there any discrepancy's with this certain setup?

i dunno what you mean but its a good set up.

2) With the Sq10 subwoofer, whats the difference between "Single 2 Voice Coils" and "Single 4 Voice Coils"?

click live support on edesign audio and they'll tell you

3) With the Amplifier, whats the difference between the "NINe.2" and the "NINe.4"?

9.2 is a 2 channel and 9.4 is a 4 channel

4) Will there be any negative or positive effects in terms of quality if mixing and combing the "2's" and "4's" in amplifiers and subwoofers combinations? (For example: a NINe.2 amp with a 4 voice coil subwoofer)

yes, click live support on edesign audio and they'll tell you about ohm loading and power

----

5) What I really want is 2 sq10 subwoofers in the back? Can 2 sq10 enclosures fit well in the back or is it really meant for 1 enclosure?

its meant for one but you can fiberglass it or ask live support if they'll build you one for the other side. but you'll lose the spare.

6) Can I even connect 2 subs to the type of amp i plan on purchasing w/o no problem?

yep, depends on the sub ohm loads tho

7) Do I need to buy any separate accessories or parts or wires for the above setup? (a friend is installing it for me)

you need to buy wires but if you talk to eD they can get you a amp kit and stuff.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, ed has a great 12v forum... there's a link to it on their home page.