Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help Please..Front Right Speakers Arent Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Help Please..Front Right Speakers Arent Working

So yea my front Right Speakers are not working and I dont know why..my rear, stock sub, and front right speakers are working but nothing from the left. No idea why they are not working since I dont blast my music..Im pretty sure I didnt blow em. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated..I feel so sad right now.

Oh yea I have an Pioneer Avic D3 head unit. I took off my center console and check if all the wires were connected..everything seemed ok so I dont think it has anything to do with that. I did install VRD fogs a couple of weeks ago but I doubt any of the wires near the mirror controller near the interior fuse box makes a difference. Do you think if I get it checked out at the dealership, that it would be covered under my warranty?
Old 11-27-2008, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Help Please..Front Right Speakers Arent Working

Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
So yea my front Right Speakers are not working and I dont know why..my rear, stock sub, and front right speakers are working but nothing from the left.
Say what?
I'm corn-fused.

Check your left (I mean right?) speaker wire connections again. Sounds like something is loose.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: Help Please..Front Right Speakers Arent Working

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Originally Posted by InfiniteVisi0n
So yea my front Right Speakers are not working and I dont know why..my rear, stock sub, and front right speakers are working but nothing from the left.
Say what?
I'm corn-fused.

Check your left (I mean right?) speaker wire connections again. Sounds like something is loose.
check the connections from the head unit? eh I did that but I still dont know whats wrong..maybe that is the problem but I had help when I installed my pioneer avic d3 headunit so im a noob when it comes to that. My front left speakers dont work but all the others do. I tried taking out my head unit and looking at the connections to see if they where all working and they seemed to be working correct. Maybe its something within the door I dont know thats what I am trying to find out. I was wondering though, could it have something to do with the fuse box in my car?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:09 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

probably not a fuse... it'd be wiring..

you installed the unit?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

yea drilled the holes for the brackets, did some bypass and so on but mainly the crips and other stuff was done by a friend of mine. I had the D3 headunit for 4 or more months already. I cant seem to figure out what the problem is. I spent an hour taking out the center console checking to see if all the wires are connected..eh cant seem to find out what the problem is. I just know that I recently installed VRD fogs, dont know if that comes into play.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned
SL Member

oh yea I had the D3 for over four months with no problems yet until recently, today I believe but im not sure if the problem is the D3 or some connection problem with the door.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might have done this already but check your harness wiring. I recently installed a SCII
and when I put back the center console some wiring came loose.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

yea i just checked it, ehh the person who help me install it in the first place, did a horrible job in the installation of the crimps and so on. I finally got everything to work
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

take a digital volt meter, go behind your radio. Set your meter to ohms and put the probes on white and white/black. Should read around 4 ohms. Or set it to continuity and place the negative probe on a good ground and take the other and probe those white and white/black wires. If it beeps you are grounding your speaker wire and it wont work.