Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

HIDs STOLEN this morning in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a good option to do and i have had and seen successful experience with this is number 1, dont buy a cheap alarm. try to stick with a known brand like viper, python cliffords. number 2 you want a shock sensor at least. if they break the window it needs to go off, but doesnt have to be sensitive. number 3 battery backup. install your alarm in the most random spot you can find in your car and make sure its battery backed up, viper offers this option. number 4. multiple sirens. people do walk by car alarms going off a little too often. most alarms give you 1 siren, buy at least 2 more and run a relay (which you can also battery backup). then cut the black loop wire in the back of the alarms and angle them in different positions. number 5 . reach into the top of your dash and mount another 1 or 2 alarms. when there is 160+ decibels blasting in your ear its extremely hard to try to steal anything that is installed in your car, the sound is deafening and they will be drawing attention from everyone around because of how obnoxiously loud your alarm is. people will look because your alarm is out of the ordinary of a normal car alarm going off. i was once robbed and have done alot of time in protecting my investments now. and if you wanna get really assinine hook up train horns under your hood to go off with your alarm. the damn theieves will probably poop themselves.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
what part of miami??? jeez miami is becoming infested with theives..
becomming? its been liek that since the 70's
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ yeah. I was looking at maybe checking jobs out in that area when still in college. It ranked WAY up on the crime rate scale, worse than I had heard. That was only 5 years ago or so, but I had always heard you had to watch the crime there.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin
how would you even set our alarm off anyways? I've had my dad randomly smack my parked/locked car (not with my consent i might add) with his hand/foot, and the damn thing still didnt go off.
The only way you get it to go off if it involves the driver side tire or door...
You can do back flips on the back of it and on the passenger side...but sneeze on my driver side and it goes off in fury.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
a good option to do and i have had and seen successful experience with this is number 1, dont buy a cheap alarm. try to stick with a known brand like viper, python cliffords. number 2 you want a shock sensor at least. if they break the window it needs to go off, but doesnt have to be sensitive. number 3 battery backup. install your alarm in the most random spot you can find in your car and make sure its battery backed up, viper offers this option. number 4. multiple sirens. people do walk by car alarms going off a little too often. most alarms give you 1 siren, buy at least 2 more and run a relay (which you can also battery backup). then cut the black loop wire in the back of the alarms and angle them in different positions. number 5 . reach into the top of your dash and mount another 1 or 2 alarms. when there is 160+ decibels blasting in your ear its extremely hard to try to steal anything that is installed in your car, the sound is deafening and they will be drawing attention from everyone around because of how obnoxiously loud your alarm is. people will look because your alarm is out of the ordinary of a normal car alarm going off. i was once robbed and have done alot of time in protecting my investments now. and if you wanna get really assinine hook up train horns under your hood to go off with your alarm. the damn theieves will probably poop themselves.
I like that idea...completely deafen them so once they steal your sound system they have no use for it anymore but to vibrate their butts.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Ty_Max"]
Originally Posted by pollup
and if you wanna get really assinine hook up train horns under your hood to go off with your alarm. the damn theieves will probably poop themselves.
my brother has train horns on his sonoma...i wonder if he ever thought about hooking them up to his alarm... best bet for an alarm is to get a two-way name brand alarm. its saved my brother more than once when somebody hit him and could have took off but didn't cuz the alram went off making people look and it notified my brother and he came outside quick. i have the 2-way lcd that will go off if you pop the hood, hit the car, open the doors, etc. and my keyfob will vibrate and make noise and show me exactly whats happening to my car. but if a good thief really wants something you got, nothing will stop them... like somebody mentioned earlier, i've been wanting to have abunch of cameras set up so i can view every angle of my car, preferably with audio to so i could even see who spit on my car and stuff...
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i forgot to ask, any updates? did you find the white accord? sorry to hear about the loss. i hate people that are like that.