Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

how to plug and play my iva-w200?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default how to plug and play my iva-w200?

i've searched everywhere and i just can't figure out what i need. i want to install my new alpine without splicing or soldering. it sounds like a lot of people have done this, but what connects to the hu itself? i know about the sosche harness for toyotas, but that just gives me two new female connectors.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

you just connect the wires color to color to the alpine harness and then buy a DVD override box and connect that up to the appropriate wires and you're good to go... it won't just plug in, as there are parking brake/foot brake/and other wires that aren't in the stock harness...

if you buy the override box and the sosche harness, it's just butt splices and you're good to go, you'll still have to modify the stock mounting brackets to get it to sit in there and clear the door as well... It's not HARD, but just time consuming. I did all the splicing on the table and then just plugged it into the deck and the stock harness and was good to go.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
you just connect the wires color to color to the alpine harness and then buy a DVD override box and connect that up to the appropriate wires and you're good to go... it won't just plug in, as there are parking brake/foot brake/and other wires that aren't in the stock harness...

if you buy the override box and the sosche harness, it's just butt splices and you're good to go, you'll still have to modify the stock mounting brackets to get it to sit in there and clear the door as well... It's not HARD, but just time consuming. I did all the splicing on the table and then just plugged it into the deck and the stock harness and was good to go.
first off, i would greatly appreciate any help you can provide me with.

i purchased the w200 over the weekend and i'm contemplating installing it myself. i have the sosche harness and was comparing it to the cables on the deck. the front and rear speakers seem like an easy match, but what about the cables on the deck that already have those adapters on the ends? (forgot what they are called. some look like little tubes and the others are c-shaped.) some of the colored ones had these adapters, but the matching color on the harness doesn't have the same adapter. so do i just cut them off and splice the tips to the harness?

also, when you modified the stock mounting bracket, did you just drill new holes 1/4" further back like everyone else does, or did you do something different?

thanks!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

On mine, the colors were almost all a direct match, but both packages had a guide to tell me which color went to what, so if I had any questions and to verify, I just refered to those. (With the override box) I was able to make every neccesary connection on my dining room table and then just plug back in the harness to the deck and car, along with the antenna and was good to go. No trying to tap or splice wiring while in the car at all...

The s-harness and the alpine harness I just connected everything together with butt splices and clipped off any ends there were... there are a few wires that aren't on the s-harness, like the parking brake and brake pedal for instance... those you need to either run to the correct location, or like me, purchase a bypass box, which easily hooks to those wires and overrides the DVD lockout and such...

And yes, like the others, I just drilled new holes in the stock bracket and mounted the deck a lil' back... there is also a sosche trim kit that fills the gaps on the side as well, which cleans up the look a bit...
Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, that makes more sense. thanks for your reply. i do plan on getting a bypass box as well. which would you recommend? I've found these two on ebay:

PAC TR-7 w/ "free" toggle switch

Black Box R3 w/ toggle switch. (this one replaces R2 box)

from the auction descriptions, it sounds like the R3 is a better buy. What is the toggle switch for, anyways?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I like the PAC personally... (No programming is needed at all for alpine decks) and I didn't even wire the toggle switch... (It's for "Un overriding" the unit just in case you're paranoid a cop would ask about it... like they'd ever know the difference)

I've never seen the deck locked out, so I don't know what it even looks like locked, as I wired in the PAC right off the bat.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet. i'm going to call the store that sold me the deck to see what they charge me for the PAC box. i'm going to see if they carry the scosche trim kit as well. TA 1465B is the one you're talking about, right? do you have any pictures of your deck with this trim kit installed?